FedEx Ground

bbsam

Staff member
Not many native Spanish speakers around here. A ton of people that speak Portuguese but most of them speak English well enough to get by. So I can't say I run into these language barriers too often but when I do I just do my best with hand gestures and what little words the person will understand. When you don't speak English you are going to have some issues communicating with people in America. It is what it is. I'll try to talk to you but I might not get very far.
Your loss.;)

vantexan

I'm wondering if we will ever figure it out and have 2 official languages as well...English and Spanish. Since Hispanics will outnumber whites soon, so it only makes sense. As a frequent visitor to Canada, I see no problems with the dual language.
Hispanics won't outnumber whites soon...ALL minorities together will exceed the white population by 2050 if I remember right. And Hispanics aren't monolithic...some are white too. The majority are a mixture of Native American and European.

vantexan

No racism from you...wow. While I think immigrants should learn English, nobody is probably going to hire anyone who cannot speak it anyway, so they are somewhat incentivized to get on board.

The GOP faithful (assuming you are one) think all immigrants are sucking at the government teat etc. If I were you, I'd be more worried about the anti-union, anti-labor, pro-racist views of the Republican party.
Pro-racist? Really?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hispanics won't outnumber whites soon...ALL minorities together will exceed the white population by 2050 if I remember right. And Hispanics aren't monolithic...some are white too. The majority are a mixture of Native American and European.

Hispanics already outnumber whites in several states. And, yes, I've met blue-eyed, blond-haired Hispanics...never said they were monolithic.

vantexan

Hispanics already outnumber whites in several states. And, yes, I've met blue-eyed, blond-haired Hispanics...never said they were monolithic.
True, but they are nowhere near the majority in most of the country. What exactly will Democrats do for Hispanics? Other than, of course, promise the moon to get their vote? Most Hispanics I know have a strong work ethic. What's the plan to get them jobs?

MAKAVELI

I'm not sure what your statement has to do with being Hispanic. The fact is Hispanics are the fastest growing group in the US.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Whenever I'm communicating with a Espanol-only speaking person, I simply talk with an accent and stick an "o" at the end of every third or fourth word...Works like a charm.

fatboy33

"What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages?" "Trilingual". "What do you call a person who speaks 2 languages?" "Bilingual". "What do you call a person who speaks 1 language??" "American". Old joke but still holds true.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
True, but they are nowhere near the majority in most of the country. What exactly will Democrats do for Hispanics? Other than, of course, promise the moon to get their vote? Most Hispanics I know have a strong work ethic. What's the plan to get them jobs?

Ask The Donald. He's going to be your candidate. The Hispanics LOVE HIM.