FedEx has just released its fiscal Q4 financial

MAKAVELI

That 0% rests squarely on Fred S's shoulders, not on it's workers. It's funny how UPS can turn record profits using a more efficient model of combining their express and ground operations while paying their drivers the top wages and benefits in the industry. Maybe he should try to learn something from the competition.

Or he could learn from Ground. Which do you think he will choose?
You mean the Chinese.

FedEx916

Yes. A pace acceptable to Express. That's an inside joke at the Ground terminal about the Express driver who delivers there. We have heard all about his nonstop 40 delivery 100 mile day. Killer. And I know what I am talki g about because I know the area. I don't care what time commits there are, I could do that on day one.

Yes, because we all have only 40 stops a day.... Don't dilute yourself. No courier is the same, and certainly if you are making your entire assessment of Express based on one courier, then I can't say I am shocked you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, because we all have only 40 stops a day.... Don't dilute yourself. No courier is the same, and certainly if you are making your entire assessment of Express based on one courier, then I can't say I am shocked you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

My point exactly when MFE suggests Ground and HD drivers lollygag through the day.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe because they were out the door 2 hours earlier than you? Or have later pickups so there's no reason to finish early anyway? It's fine to make generalizations, just don't bet your life on them.

FedEx916

Maybe because they were out the door 2 hours earlier than you? Or have later pickups so there's no reason to finish early anyway? It's fine to make generalizations, just don't bet your life on them.

Can't ever say I'd bet my life on a Ground driver.

STFXG

My point exactly when MFE suggests Ground and HD drivers lollygag through the day.

I won't make any sweeping generalizations, but none of the Ground drivers I encounter seem to have anywhere to be in a hurry...

None of the express drivers I know look like they have ever been in a hurry to get anywhere... Other than the fridge. Is it the fast paced environment that fattens you all up?

MAKAVELI

Or maybe there are just lower standards at ground.

bbsam

Staff member
None of the express drivers I know look like they have ever been in a hurry to get anywhere... Other than the fridge. Is it the fast paced environment that fattens you all up?
They aren't racing to the union hall.

STFXG

Btw Ground is building new building and expanding existing ones all over the country. How's the growth at express?

FedEx916

Maybe we are just a little more graceful. I guess I can't speak to these fat couriers you speak of, because I honestly don't know any. Well... maybe an FO driver or two...

thedownhillEXPRESS

Btw Ground is building new building and expanding existing ones all over the country. How's the growth at express?

Yeah, the building boom built on the backs of the Express employees reputation.
Ground is still thought to be Express to the vast majority of the public.
The reputation of Fedex will continue to erode with the expanding Ground Opco.
You can't take a bunch of mostly criminals, drug addicts and high school dropouts and give them the keys to a Ground truck and expect to keep a "Federal Express" type reputation, advertising dollars can only do so much.

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah, the building boom built on the backs of the Express employees reputation.
Ground is still thought to be Express to the vast majority of the public.
The reputation of Fedex will continue to erode with the expanding Ground Opco.
You can't take a bunch of mostly criminals, drug addicts and high school dropouts and give them the keys to a Ground truck and expect to keep a "Federal Express" type reputation, advertising dollars can only do so much.

Maybe. Maybe not. Seems the reputation has done ok since RPS was bought.