FedEx has just released its fiscal Q4 financial

fedupped

They will be sitting there all day. Express doesn't make commit times.
It is still impressed upon us to deliver am deliverys by 10:30am. And Standard overnight by 3:00 pm. I will double check tomorrow and see if anything has changed. Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They will be sitting there all day. Express doesn't make commit times.

Uh..yes they do. FO is very early, depending on ZIP code, and P1 is 1030 or noon depending on area. We also have SO due by 1500 and P2 which varies. Yes, we have no bananas.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Due time and when it's actually delivered are different.

True, but we do quite a bit better at it than you do. At Ground, you're lucky if it gets there on the right day. If not, maybe in the right ZIP code. Really unlucky? Delivered to the wrong address. Ground is pathetic. You know it, I know it, and increasingly, the world knows it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The latest data that I was able to find online (2011) showed FedEx had an 88% on-time delivery rate for Express shipments while UPS was at 91% for their Premium products.

Ground doesn't even understand the concept of commit times. Give them multiple products with different commits and it would be mass confusion. All they know is straightlining.

TUT

True, but we do quite a bit better at it than you do. At Ground, you're lucky if it gets there on the right day. If not, maybe in the right ZIP code. Really unlucky? Delivered to the wrong address. Ground is pathetic. You know it, I know it, and increasingly, the world knows it.

You are having more issues with 2Day than Fedex is having with Ground. I know it, I use both at all corners of America.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ground doesn't even understand the concept of commit times. Give them multiple products with different commits and it would be mass confusion. All they know is straightlining.

I would love to straight line all day but that just isn't possible. It would be an adjustment but the Ground guys would have no problem doing whatever is asked of them.

TUT

I would love to straight line all day but that just isn't possible. It would be an adjustment but the Ground guys would have no problem doing whatever is asked of them.

I'm glad you are so confident in their abilities.

Wow you are acting like this is rocket surgery. One of your issues is you are too smart to being a package handler. But that is why we have words like "underachiever".

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Wow you are acting like this is rocket surgery. One of your issues is you are too smart to being a package handler. But that is why we have words like "underachiever".
Ground's greatest achievement is crappy FMCSA scores. Bravo Zulu!

MAKAVELI

And statements like this is why we have the word ignorant.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

First, are you addressing me or Upstate? Second, when I need my Saturn V worked-on, I take it down to the local rocket surgeon for a tune-up. Third, I could probably buy and sell you several times over. Does that make me an "underachiever?"

TUT

First, are you addressing me or Upstate? Second, when I need my Saturn V worked-on, I take it down to the local rocket surgeon for a tune-up. Third, I could probably buy and sell you several times over. Does that make me an "underachiever?"

If you can buy or sell me even once, you are a fraud here and someone other than you state you are. If your just a woe is me Express driver, not a chance.

Here is your mo:
I'm an Express Driver
I hate Fedex Management
I hate Ground, they are scabs, even though I'm not in a union
If you work for Express you should quit, however I won't, but still you should.
I'm secretly rich, but I stay on at ****ty Fedex and waste gobs of time here, well because I have a mental illness.

I think that wraps you up in a nut-shell.