Fedex has Youtube fans too

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. And it's EXPRESS!!!! What do you think MFE? This guy probably came over from Ground, I'm sure.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL. And it's EXPRESS!!!! What do you think MFE? This guy probably came over from Ground, I'm sure.

I'm thinking he might be your next new hire. Right now, I'm guessing he's already been tossed under the bus. If it were a Ground guy, he'd hit the fence with the truck first, then toss the box over the gate.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm thinking he might be your next new hire. Right now, I'm guessing he's already been tossed under the bus. If it were a Ground guy, he'd hit the fence with the truck first, then toss the box over the gate.
If it were a Ground guy, you would have been the first to post it. I'm trying to get a feel for where you stand on this one. On the one hand you seem to defend him because everyone at Fedex gets the shaft and on the other hand he is the absolute bane of the company, Ground level crappy service. So if he were Ground, he should be "thrown under the bus" but since he's with Express, it is somehow different? So if he is fired, do you agree with the company's decision?

Borderline 9.5

When I was making a delivery yesterday the customer said to me " are you going to throw my box like the fedex guy" Fedex express or ground doesn't matter to the customer, they see you guys as one company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If it were a Ground guy, you would have been the first to post it. I'm trying to get a feel for where you stand on this one. On the one hand you seem to defend him because everyone at Fedex gets the shaft and on the other hand he is the absolute bane of the company, Ground level crappy service. So if he were Ground, he should be "thrown under the bus" but since he's with Express, it is somehow different? So if he is fired, do you agree with the company's decision?

He will probably get fired, because FedEx will want to make sure that they publicize how they handle that kind of behavior. If it weren't such a public deal, he might get a letter and a decision day.

I cannot defend him tossing the box over the fence, but I can understand why he would do it. When you are pushed so hard and harassed every single day if you take an extra minute here or there to deliver a stop, there is enormous pressure just to get rid of it as quckly as possible. There's another famous YouTube clip of a UPS driver tossing an envelope like a Frisbee all the way from the street. It's impressive, because it's out of his hand and sailing toward the door before the truck even stops. Too much management pressure for productivity detracts from professional behavior.

midwest brown

Delivered to fed ex freight today. Gave them ****. Joked with a few customers about it too. Asked if I could throw it over their fence like fed ex lol