Fedex has Youtube fans too

S

splozi

Learning opportunity...

They show make a play-by-play video showing where things went wrong.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is kind of like trying to put out a forest fire with a garden hose.

Here's another little tidbit about how FedEx runs it's operations. I notice that Mr Thornton said that the customer had received a replacement, which is atypical. Like anything else that costs them money, FedEx fights damage claims tenaciously, as in they usually do not pay them. The customer can build packaging that will survive a nuclear blast and FedEx will do everything possible to deny the claim. This means that the hefty rates that customers pay for "insurance" are a waste of money because FedEx isn't going to pay. In fact, they have been successfully sued and heavily fined for not paying legitimate damage claims. They rake-in millions every year and payout very little. Scam.

If there wasn't a video, FedEx would have claimed "improper packaging" or some other bogus reason, and probably not paid for or provided a replacement in this instance.They actually train employees on how to deny claims, even when the customer has provided proper packaging.

I'm waiting for a video of internal sort or hub operations to appear, so everyone can see how "carefully" FedEx handles packages.

S

splozi

I'm waiting for a video of internal sort or hub operations to appear, so everyone can see how "carefully" FedEx handles packages.

Though I'm pretty sure people would be just as horrified to see some of the handling at a UPS center.

BrownArmy

Hilarious.

This was in our PCM this morning and loaders/drivers were laughing about it while we dealt with the late wrap.

TheDick

Here's another little tidbit about how FedEx runs it's operations. I notice that Mr Thornton said that the customer had received a replacement, which is atypical. Like anything else that costs them money, FedEx fights damage claims tenaciously, as in they usually do not pay them. The customer can build packaging that will survive a nuclear blast and FedEx will do everything possible to deny the claim. This means that the hefty rates that customers pay for "insurance" are a waste of money because FedEx isn't going to pay. In fact, they have been successfully sued and heavily fined for not paying legitimate damage claims. They rake-in millions every year and payout very little. Scam.

If there wasn't a video, FedEx would have claimed "improper packaging" or some other bogus reason, and probably not paid for or provided a replacement in this instance.They actually train employees on how to deny claims, even when the customer has provided proper packaging.

Agree with all that except if the shipper is million dollar account and it was damaged which I doubt it was, I figure FDX will pay to keep a HUGE acct.
Big shippers pack pkgs crappy like that one all the time!

CharleyHustle

More than a few of us have parked illegally before. Packages get tossed and smashed and broken, most well before the delivery. They get misloaded, missorted, missdelivered to the wrong house. When you realize the shear volume and number of parcels that are picked up sorted, transported, resorted and delivered with the smaller and shrinking workforces, I wonder why there aren't many more videos on you tube.

Facts are this the nature of the beast, and more and more SOP for all delivery companies. This fellow got caught on camera and as such will most likely not get another chance. I wonder why this customer felt compelled to release this video on the web and not just settle with FedEx privately? Maybe they've never made a mistake or error in judgement? This time of year, I find myself believing in the power of the human spirit, and the innate ability in all of us to to learn and become better people.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
...on the wrong side of the road facing on-coming traffic...

This can get you a ticket in Georgia.

I remember a 20 year safe driver that was charged by the police when a car hit his PC while parked on the wrong side of the road.
UPS had to pay for the damage to both vehicles and driver had to pay for the ticket.

As a side note, UPS did not charge Doug with an Avoidable accident since this was how he had been trained to park (as well as all other drivers).

rushfan

I wish Mr. Davis would apologize like the FedEx dude did. Mr. Davis should see how our packages are handled, and fall off the belts at our hub.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I wish Mr. Davis would apologize like the FedEx dude did. Mr. Davis should see how our packages are handled, and fall off the belts at our hub.

When I've seen these type of posts in the past, I always though - "He knows!" but ...
seeing how Scott did not come up through UPS Operations, he really may not know.

All he ever sees is perfect operations during his visits.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When I've seen these type of posts in the past, I always though - "He knows!" but ...
seeing how Scott did not come up through UPS Operations, he really may not know.

All he ever sees is perfect operations during his visits.
And, according to the posts here, doctored reports.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And, according to the posts here, doctored reports.

How about groomed reports? :wink2:

They may want these Missed Pieces to be accounted for in the Planned Stops and Pieces projected for the center.
This may be a way to account for these and not treat them like normal Missed packages.

I'm a "glass half full" type person but I don't know why they are doing this all over the country anymore than anyone else on here.

ups1990

"When it absolutely positively has to be there over a fence"

You gotta love the way he looks back after throwing the package over, as if marveling his work. I've done some stupid things on route but nothing like this.

raceanoncr

Video was on Letterman last night.

Was Dave's Top Ten List also. FDX really got some good PR over this.

Kids, camera's (and spies) are EVERYWHERE! Do the right thing!