FEDEX Hiring process

icantfeelmyface

my names Jamel I'm new here and hope someone can help me i applied for fed ex express here in Greensboro,NC.i received a phone from the Tenn. office and had a on the phone interview the person i interviewed with said i would get a phone call in about a week for a walk though and also a drug test and to bring my SSC. its been a week and 2 weeks and i haven't heard anything i was wondering if this was part of the process or maybe something else if you can give me any in site it would be appreciated.

thank you

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
my names Jamel I'm new here and hope someone can help me i applied for fed ex express here in Greensboro,NC.i received a phone from the Tenn. office and had a on the phone interview the person i interviewed with said i would get a phone call in about a week for a walk though and also a drug test and to bring my SSC. its been a week and 2 weeks and i haven't heard anything i was wondering if this was part of the process or maybe something else if you can give me any in site it would be appreciated.

thank you

I don't know how much the hiring process has changed over the years but a phone interview sounds a bit strange.

Usually if they don't want you they'll send you a Xerox rejection letter with a "best of luck to you in the future" signed operations manger X.

Call them back and see what they say but in the meantime you might want to consider other companies. Depending on where your from there's greener pastures out there.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Hiring has changed so much, most of us old-timers wouldn't recognize it. I've heard that most of the process is 3rd party now.

Oh...RUN, FAR FAR AWAY if you think this is going to be a career...if not, welcome aboard!

FedEx2000

They tried using Kelly Services for a few months, but they were extremely slow, so all recruitment has been brought back internally.....albeit with less people in the recruitment department. With the new e-req process and JCATS2 it does seem to moving faster than before. Wouldn't hurt to call them back and ask what the status of the position is.

LTFedExer

Back when I was hired, the hiring process was a joke. Anyone with a just a little common sense could get hired. Doing the actual work was another story. Turnover, especially with the younger people, was incredible.

icantfeelmyface

Thanks for the help. still no reply and Ive called back and customer service said they had no HR department for me to call. oh well Thanks anyway if anyone thanks of anything I'd appreciate it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Thanks for the help. still no reply and Ive called back and customer service said they had no HR department for me to call. oh well Thanks anyway if anyone thanks of anything I'd appreciate it.

Call 1-800- GoFedEx and as for the station nearest you and then talk to a manager and see if they can help you out.

Don't ask them about the interview at the 800 number, because just like you've found out they are of no help.

stoutsteen

hey does anyone know the fedex website? you know the one that we get on when we are on the computers at work? i need to get to jcats2 at home and I forget the website.

Star B

White Lightening
in your offer letter, it will say "This offer is contingent of completing the hiring process" which includes the background checks and drug test.

So, no, you're not in the clear until everything comes back clean.

HedleyLamarr

I was hired this past fall. Sent in the application; about 1 week later I was called by a FedEx recruiter who just asked the basic,"Can you do the job?" type questions. After that, she scheduled me for an interview at the Express station I had applied to. The interview was with the three station managers and lasted about half and hour. I got a lot of,"Tell me of a time you had to work with no supervision," or," Tell me about a time you had to pay great attention to detail in order to do a job." About a week later, I got a call asking me to come in for the drug test papers. Only the candidates that were getting hired were called in for a drug test; they aren't going to waste their money paying for a drug test if you hadn't been picked.