FedEx Hiring Trolls Equals Desperation

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Pretty funny (sad) seeing people complain about making $20+/hr for a job that requires nothing more than a high school diploma and a drivers license. If you're not happy, that's your fault. So quit blaming your employer and quit. Open up a good paying job for the several million people in this country who need a job! Oh you poor boys. "my employer is mean and he fires people for no reason!" Too bad little boy. Move to another country where the government can control everything for you, since you obviously can't run your own life. "Oh, Fred S is a bad, bad man. He doesn't give us everything we want!" Well guess what idiot, it's HIS company! If you don't like it, start up your own company and see what it's like to deal with employees like you. What the hell has happened to this country? People use to be thankful they had a job and ask their employer, "what can I do for you?". Now everyone thinks that businesses were created just to give them a job and owes them something more than a paycheck. My brother is a laid-off $90,000/yr mechanical engineer who would do anything for your job. Sucks, but he's not about to waste his time blaming someone for his situation. smile* happens, time to move on. He's sold everything and working 3 jobs to keep his family in thier house. And you morons are complaining about driving around in a truck making $25+/hr? Give me a break!

Another shill for Fred. And how many of us "morons" are making $25+ per hour? If I had $21 million in seed money (Fred's $4 million dollar inheritance in today's dollars) I'd certainly be doing something else than FedEx. I doubt you even work for FedEx, but if you do, you are the idiot for letting Fred use you as his doormat while he laughs his rich ass all the way to the bank by skimming your wages and benefits.

I doubt your mechanical engineer brother could handle my HS diploma job. He'd probably be gone within a few months because he couldn't make his numbers. You obviously have no idea what the job is like. I have 2 college degrees (one is advanced), and this is not an easy life by any means. If you actually were a courier, you might get it.

Run along, I think Glen Beck has a special on FOX tonight detailing how he and Chuck Norris are going to lead the secession of Texas from the U.S. Right up your (ignorant) alley.

FedEX 4 Life

another shill for fred. And how many of us "morons" are making $25+ per hour? If i had $21 million in seed money (fred's $4 million dollar inheritance in today's dollars) i'd certainly be doing something else than fedex. I doubt you even work for fedex, but if you do, you are the idiot for letting fred use you as his doormat while he laughs his rich ass all the way to the bank by skimming your wages and benefits.

I doubt your mechanical engineer brother could handle my hs diploma job. He'd probably be gone within a few months because he couldn't make his numbers. You obviously have no idea what the job is like. I have 2 college degrees (one is advanced), and this is not an easy life by any means. If you actually were a courier, you might get it.

Run along, i think glen beck has a special on fox tonight detailing how he and chuck norris are going to lead the secession of texas from the u.s. Right up your (ignorant) alley.
you are pathetic.quit nagging about fred all the time.you are nothing but a nagger,and i hate naggers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Pretty funny (sad) seeing people complain about making $20+/hr for a job that requires nothing more than a high school diploma and a drivers license. If you're not happy, that's your fault. So quit blaming your employer and quit. Open up a good paying job for the several million people in this country who need a job! Oh you poor boys. "my employer is mean and he fires people for no reason!" Too bad little boy. Move to another country where the government can control everything for you, since you obviously can't run your own life. "Oh, Fred S is a bad, bad man. He doesn't give us everything we want!" Well guess what idiot, it's HIS company! If you don't like it, start up your own company and see what it's like to deal with employees like you. What the hell has happened to this country? People use to be thankful they had a job and ask their employer, "what can I do for you?". Now everyone thinks that businesses were created just to give them a job and owes them something more than a paycheck. My brother is a laid-off $90,000/yr mechanical engineer who would do anything for your job. Sucks, but he's not about to waste his time blaming someone for his situation. smile* happens, time to move on. He's sold everything and working 3 jobs to keep his family in thier house. And you morons are complaining about driving around in a truck making $25+/hr? Give me a break!

Hey Mr. Intelligence ( considering you are in the habit of calling everyone idiots and morons, I am assuming you are fairly high on your own intellgence) ,

It would be nice if you broke up some of your useless rants into paragraphs. This would make the drivel you write more easily read. Of course you probably know this because you are so damn smart.

Secondly, I believe the truck drivers you speak of are UPS truck drivers. No FedEx Express drivers have an hourly rate $25+/hr to drive around trucks. Even the tractor-trailer/feeder drivers do not make that type of money.

I personally am very happy making almost $30/hr to drive a truck around, yet can sympathize with FedEx drivers who are only making anywhere from $13 to as much as $25/hr with many, many years of service, doing the same exact job.

Lastly perhaps you should refrain a bit from exaggerating or outright lying and trying to belittle others to make points that do not exist. Just a thought.

O

olcc

On the contrary, what's sad to me is that someone who doesn't even work for FedEx relentlessly posts inflammatory material under various aliases to try and get a rise out of people who actually care about making it a better place to work and bringing it in line with industry standards.

Go shill your purple heart out at brownbailout.com. NO ONE cares what you have to say here. Get a life.

Broke

If your so offended by someone speaking out about their concerns (which we have every right to do in a democracy) why don't you move to another country.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I love it.You dont even know the poster and you are calling him a liar.

How do you know he is lying?

Can you read? HOnestly? I spelled it out in my post quite clearly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"And you morons are complaining about driving around in a truck making $25+/hr? Give me a break!"

Lastly perhaps you should refrain a bit from exaggerating or outright lying and trying to belittle others to make points that do not exist. Just a thought.

FedEx courier

Has anyone noticed all the news updates on the brownbailout page are from smaller chambers of commerce lately. It's getting pretty funny, they even have some of these people dropping the term bailout now. Since bailout has become such a yesterday fad term shouldn't Fedex find another boogeyman name to label this thing they are calling a bailout. I also like how the emphasis in many of these articles in the past few weeks is that FedEx is in no way anit-union and that employees can easily organize under the RLA. In other words they aren't anti union they are just fighting with millions of dollars to deny their employees the right to vote for or against one. The strange circular logic never stops over there at Brownbailout.com.
What a joke the brownbailout campaign has become.I can't wait to hear the leader of the chamber of commerce in whatever small town in Kansas call this thing a bailout and repeat what Maury Lane has said again. It's a shame FedEx didn't spend the money to start a real campaign against this "bailout" as they call it and not make themselves look so ridiculous. I guess it would be far too costly to hire someone to make your lies sound like truth beyond just repeating the word "bailout".You have to love it!:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Chamber of Commerce= Anything that is pro-business and anti-labor is OK with us. Fred is one of their biggest heroes. Great comment on the circular logic. NO, we're not anti-union, but YES, we don't want one, and YES, we'll do anything we can to have our employees who DO want a union vote AGAINST the union because they love FedEx and hate unions. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Washu234

Alright I don't normally comment on such things, but god MrFedEx you got a lot of hate in you.

What district are you in? I'm in the Bostonian District out of BVY as a part timer and while some days are bad I really enjoy my little 5-hour 60 stop shift. I've asked around and can't find anyone out of my station who has as much disdain for the company as you do.

We all wish we got paid more but when my volume dropped from 400 pieces a day to about 100 I didn't lose my job like my brothers in Brown. The poor saps who are left at Brown have 150+ stops a day and always complaining about the uselessness of Teamsters in a recession.

I'm not exactly a Fred S fan, but I don't believe he ****s on us as much as you think he does. Perhaps you're a victim of bad management; have you ever been to a different station? I've made many mistakes, some small but mostly big (I've had my share of flipouts on cursing customers) and haven't gotten fired yet or or even threatened - just calmly dealt with (and a Electronic Counseling Session once).

Now to stay on topic, I will say that I feel like our company is going the way of a big small company. There is so much lack of internal communication that it kills me somedays. Everything seems so one-way, sometimes I wonder if our CSA's even work for the same company when they tell my customers bad information. I see my managers as frustrated as I am with broken powerpads and pointless policy changes. And Brownbailout.com is a joke of a website which I'm embarrassed by.

Perhaps I'm lucky. I've heard horror stories about ****head managers but I honestly believe this company is superior to UPS largely because of the lack of union. Bad workers are easily dealt with.

If you work for FedEx you gotta be a good guy who's customers love you otherwise you wouldn't stick around, cause as we all know (brown and purple) the bad days are awful without your customers.

FedEX 4 Life

Alright I don't normally comment on such things, but god MrFedEx you got a lot of hate in you.

What district are you in? I'm in the Bostonian District out of BVY as a part timer and while some days are bad I really enjoy my little 5-hour 60 stop shift. I've asked around and can't find anyone out of my station who has as much disdain for the company as you do.

We all wish we got paid more but when my volume dropped from 400 pieces a day to about 100 I didn't lose my job like my brothers in Brown. The poor saps who are left at Brown have 150+ stops a day and always complaining about the uselessness of Teamsters in a recession.

I'm not exactly a Fred S fan, but I don't believe he ****s on us as much as you think he does. Perhaps you're a victim of bad management; have you ever been to a different station? I've made many mistakes, some small but mostly big (I've had my share of flipouts on cursing customers) and haven't gotten fired yet or or even threatened - just calmly dealt with (and a Electronic Counseling Session once).

Now to stay on topic, I will say that I feel like our company is going the way of a big small company. There is so much lack of internal communication that it kills me somedays. Everything seems so one-way, sometimes I wonder if our CSA's even work for the same company when they tell my customers bad information. I see my managers as frustrated as I am with broken powerpads and pointless policy changes. And Brownbailout.com is a joke of a website which I'm embarrassed by.

Perhaps I'm lucky. I've heard horror stories about ****head managers but I honestly believe this company is superior to UPS largely because of the lack of union. Bad workers are easily dealt with.

If you work for FedEx you gotta be a good guy who's customers love you otherwise you wouldn't stick around, cause as we all know (brown and purple) the bad days are awful without your customers.
Mr fedex hates his life and hates anyone at fedex who actually likes their job.Watch his response.Trust me.Its gonna be about you being brain washed and drinking the kool-aid blah blah.Its gotten so old most of us just ignore him.As soon as someone makes a post about liking fedex they are called a liar and a fraud.
Im a part time pick-up courier and i do about 30 stops a day and I make 25 an hour and im very happy with my stress free job.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I am UPS and lived in Mass my whole life, now in NH.

You are so off-base in your view of UPS it could not be further from the truth. I will not stand here and give you an opinion of FedEx because I haven't done it, but you are completely wrong about UPS in everything you said.

Let me first say, NO ONE IN BROWN AS A DRIVER LOST THEIR JOBS entirely. If the volume is reduced to the point, that cuts the driver BACK INTO THE BUILDING to get their 8 hours. THEY DO GET LAID OFF FROM DRIVING BUT NOT OUT OF A JOB.

This is a union shop, and perhaps you have not done it, but let me explain. Work is offered by seniority. If you are junior driver, a full-time driver, you are bumped out of your job into the building to bump someone less senior. Full-time employees have seniority over all part-timers.

PS how was FedExs profits the first 2 quarters this year?

And UPS's profits?

FedEx is superior? Wrong, wrong wrong.

Broke

Fedex doesn't layoff because they don't want to pay unemployment benefits. They find it more beneficial to just cut routes and have drivers wave their minimum. I can't understand why this isn't pointed out more often. I would rather work for UPS and get laid off than to have my route cut and have the choice of coming in and scrubbing toilets or waiving my minimum.

Management can cry about their not being any work or the volume being down, I say bull**** there's plenty of work to do, it's just all being given to ground.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

you are pathetic.quit nagging about fred all the time.you are nothing but a nagger,and i hate naggers.

Is it just me, or is someone else a hate filled person? MrFedEx is like a lot of us, we actually LOVE our jobs, customers and co-workers (we wouldn't come back everyday if we didn't), we're just tired of not being allowed to see what's just on the other side of the blinders. Ours fell off and we saw Senor Benevolence for what he is. We respect the opinions of others who don't see the light, but the day will come when you have to open your eyes and started thinking for yourself. It's so simple a kindergartener can point it out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is it just me, or is someone else a hate filled person? MrFedEx is like a lot of us, we actually LOVE our jobs, customers and co-workers (we wouldn't come back everyday if we didn't), we're just tired of not being allowed to see what's just on the other side of the blinders. Ours fell off and we saw Senor Benevolence for what he is. We respect the opinions of others who don't see the light, but the day will come when you have to open your eyes and started thinking for yourself. It's so simple a kindergartener can point it out.

What he said.

FedEx courier

You were picking up 400 pieces in 5 hours? Wow that's pretty amazing! I've never heard of anyone being able to do that seriously that's heavy heavy for a part time pick up route.

Bottom line is if FedEx felt they treated everyone fairly they wouldn't be afraid of this RLA change because a majority at a station would still have to vote it in. FedEx would have to work like every other company and do legitimate things for their employees to keep it out.

You say that you know of bad management but then claim that FedEx should remain non-union because the "bad" employees are easily dealt with. I'm not trying to be negative but that logic seems a little confusing,because you are admitting that there are victims of bad management. What about them? What is the solution to the victims of bad management. What is the solution to feeling like you have received fair pay for the work you have done. I don't know about you but I have never sat in an SFA feedback meeting where FedEx got good marks on the "receive fair pay for this type of work" question.

Washu234

You were picking up 400 pieces in 5 hours? Wow that's pretty amazing! I've never heard of anyone being able to do that seriously that's heavy heavy for a part time pick up route.

Really!? I mean I know when I started it seemed like a lot but I got used to it fast. I'm doing a downtown route so most of my freight is docs, my stops are close together or in the same building and a lot of it is automated (maybe 30-50 airbills a night)?

Bottom line is if FedEx felt they treated everyone fairly they wouldn't be afraid of this RLA change because a majority at a station would still have to vote it in. FedEx would have to work like every other company and do legitimate things for their employees to keep it out.

I mean from a black and white logic this makes perfect since, I think the problem comes in when dealing with a company as big as FedEx. The whole reason for RLA is to make it so the whole company has to Unionize as one. It doesn't prohibit the company from becoming Unionized at all, but however, makes it so individual stations can't without the rest of FedEx.

I'm not an expert on this by any means but the reason its called the Railroad Labor Act and why its applied to railroads and airlines is because the whole system can become useless should one sector unionize when another doesn't (if a ramp unionized but a station didn't freight wouldn't be able to move freely as the unionized ramp would likely refuse the 'non union' station's freight so as to pressure them into a union).

You say that you know of bad management but then claim that FedEx should remain non-union because the "bad" employees are easily dealt with. I'm not trying to be negative but that logic seems a little confusing,because you are admitting that there are victims of bad management. What about them? What is the solution to the victims of bad management. What is the solution to feeling like you have received fair pay for the work you have done. I don't know about you but I have never sat in an SFA feedback meeting where FedEx got good marks on the "receive fair pay for this type of work" question.

This is where I'm guessing. I've heard - mostly on these boards of bad management. Occasionally a guy at our station will talk about how ****ty a manager was at another station.

I know I have heard of managers being sent off for 'retraining' when they get enough complaints against them and I guess this is FedEx's way of dealing with that. I think bad workers regardless of position in the company should be dealt with. All I'm saying is unions often get in the way of this with bad line employees.

The quote part about the SFA makes me crack up. I remember in our last meeting we had really good numbers because my manager's been trying really hard and we all see it. He's actually been doing a great job, the only area on the SFA that got bad marks was the "fair pay".

I do feel like somedays I bust my ass for pennies, but then I have the easy days where I get those same pennies for having fun and joking with customers.

Washu234

Management can cry about their not being any work or the volume being down, I say bull**** there's plenty of work to do, it's just all being given to ground.

Yeah but like... Express employees can't do ground work. That's not how it works. Ground drivers (or their bosses) own the routes and the rights to the packages. If FedEx Corp hired Express drivers to do that work I'm pretty sure Ground could sue the crap out of FedEx Corp for unfair competition. FedEx Ground (or RPS) are subcontracted drivers for FedEx Corp. FedEx Express are FedEx employees.

(I know this is gonna light a fire about the whole is/isn't a contractor debate but that's how it was set up when FedEx bought RPS)