FedEx Home, Ground, or Express BEST??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Need to quit bulljiving and just get a job at UPS. No future at FedEx for ya. All these people want their cake and eat it at the same time, game don't work like that son. You can keep working at NOWHEREVILLE and make chump change and no benefits and no retirement or suck it up and put your time in at UPS and have good pay, good benefits and retirement. Get a part time job while your working part time at UPS, and heres something for ya, YOU GET HEALTH INSURANCE AS A PART TIMER AT UPS also. Oh and by the way I just hit 80k for the year today. Theres your answer to your dilemma right there son. And theres drivers on here that have made more than that already for this year also. Easy choice really unless your one of those people with no patience and no perseverance.
Wow...imagine how much you would've made this year if you hadn't sat home for 3 weeks to diddle your :censored2: ...lmao

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm a new driver for FedEx Home and as of now I'm making 120$ a day before taxes, no benefits, no vacation, nothing except that I get to take the truck home with me. I hear guys say that Ground and Express not only get paid better but get benefits too. Is this true and how hard is it to get on in these instead? Thanks for your help!!

They both suck.

Slick silver

Hear from me, I did the same 3 years ago. I busted my ass off all year and only made 34k per year on the ground side. Get away as fast you can. It's not worth it, especially during peak working 60 hrs or so. I move to express and at least make way more and have benifits, vacation. Last if this is what you think you would like to do as a career, move to ups if you can.

FatherBrown

They told me it was a 5 year wait to go driving when I started, but I only did part time for just about 2.5 years before going driving, and I delivered pizza part time also to make ends meet. Go for Brown for sure. It'll be worth it in the long run.

MassWineGuy

The company can pretty much fire you for any reason it wants, especially for working for UPS. UPS has the same policy, I believe.

In any case, to the OP's question: FedEx Express is obviously the best to work for because of the benefits and conditions, regardless of how much those may be argued about here. Why work for Ground and have to buy your own vehicle and rarely get vacations?

The pay sucks with any of them, I guess. If I worked fulltime for Express at what I earn, I'd make only about $34,000 a year. Luckily, I don't need to work fulltime and my part time job is ok.

Artee

You cannot work for the competition if you work at FedEx. If FedEx finds out you're workling for UPS, you will be canned immediately.

Thats true, but according to FedEx since he works for ground or HD he isn't an employee, so he doesn't work for FedEx. He is an employee of the contractor. I am sure there is still something in the contractors contract stipulating you cannot hire someone or let someone work for the competition. Like others have said just keep the mouth shut. Its not like it hasn't been done before.

It will be fine

Thats true, but according to FedEx since he works for ground or HD he isn't an employee, so he doesn't work for FedEx. He is an employee of the contractor. I am sure there is still something in the contractors contract stipulating you cannot hire someone or let someone work for the competition. Like others have said just keep the mouth shut. Its not like it hasn't been done before.
Nope. Nothing in there about who else my employees can work for. Really nothing about my employees other than anyone working for me has to be treated as an employee, following tax and labor laws.

The company can pretty much fire you for any reason it wants, especially for working for UPS. UPS has the same policy, I believe.

In any case, to the OP's question: FedEx Express is obviously the best to work for because of the benefits and conditions, regardless of how much those may be argued about here. Why work for Ground and have to buy your own vehicle and rarely get vacations?

The pay sucks with any of them, I guess. If I worked fulltime for Express at what I earn, I'd make only about $34,000 a year. Luckily, I don't need to work fulltime and my part time job is ok.

Do you have any info on USPS? I know there is a test, but do you know anything about the test or working for them? How hard it is (or easy) to get hired? They seem to pay extremely well. Of course I haven't talked to anyone employed by usps just what I saw on glassdoor

PT Car Washer

I don't remember seeing anything in the contract book about working a second job being a cardinal offence.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member

.....this is the exact same thing MassWineGuy said......uncanny!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I think usps is now only hiring carriers with no benefits. You have a year contract and then are let go. Read the job postings. They lost over 5.5 billion this year.

halitzor

All these stories are horrible... I must have lucked into one amazing contractor. No benefits but aside from peak I only work 6-7 hours a day and get paid very well. Peak is basically stacking cash for us..... 212 stops today in 5 hours 45 mins been home for an hour already.