Fedex lies about non delivery too

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I ordered a set of car mats from weathertech for my stepdaughters and mine new cars last week. I didn't know who they use to ship by but was disappointed when I got tracking info from FedEx ground. I live in the boonies and they always screw up my delivery. We have been through several drivers in this area since the guy that owns the route can't seem to keep anyone on it. About the time I tell the new guy where I live he quits or gets canned. Last time they left a pair of work shoes I ordered at a vacant house several houses away. Package before that was left at a local business for them to give to me when I delivered there.

So anyway, the shipment is coming in two separate boxes. Stepdaughters car is a Honda CRV and they send the trunk mat first. I was so shocked when the newest driver shows up outside my house with the package. (I am off work right now) Scares me that I see someone riding with her. Vacation time coming I guess but at least I think the cover driver will know where I am too. Our floor mats are supposed to be delivered the next day.

I look the next morning and see that the package is out for delivery. Six o'clock comes and no package so I check tracking again and it shows "local weather delay". LOCAL WEATHER DELAY???? Are you kidding me? What weather delay! I had already received a 2 day air package from FEDEX express earlier in the day. A cloudy day didn't seem to delay him from bringing me a package. (havn't had many probs with the express guy)

So I am assuming the regular driver took he day off and the new guy couldn't get done. So they showed the package as weather delay instead of missed as it should have been. You ever try to call FEDEX and find out about a package? After talking to a phone center in India with two people I finally gave up. You have to jump through hoops to even find an email address on their website that is not tied into specific questions about shipping or claims. Nothing to send in an email and get a reply like UPS does with its customer concerns that come in on email everyday. I gave the call center my info and a phone number but still have yet to get a call. Received an email telling me that they were not able to complete my delivery because of a weather delay.

What a croc!

bbsam

Staff member
I ordered a set of car mats from weathertech for my stepdaughters and mine new cars last week. I didn't know who they use to ship by but was disappointed when I got tracking info from FedEx ground. I live in the boonies and they always screw up my delivery. We have been through several drivers in this area since the guy that owns the route can't seem to keep anyone on it. About the time I tell the new guy where I live he quits or gets canned. Last time they left a pair of work shoes I ordered at a vacant house several houses away. Package before that was left at a local business for them to give to me when I delivered there.

So anyway, the shipment is coming in two separate boxes. Stepdaughters car is a Honda CRV and they send the trunk mat first. I was so shocked when the newest driver shows up outside my house with the package. (I am off work right now) Scares me that I see someone riding with her. Vacation time coming I guess but at least I think the cover driver will know where I am too. Our floor mats are supposed to be delivered the next day.

I look the next morning and see that the package is out for delivery. Six o'clock comes and no package so I check tracking again and it shows "local weather delay". LOCAL WEATHER DELAY???? Are you kidding me? What weather delay! I had already received a 2 day air package from FEDEX express earlier in the day. A cloudy day didn't seem to delay him from bringing me a package. (havn't had many probs with the express guy)

So I am assuming the regular driver took he day off and the new guy couldn't get done. So they showed the package as weather delay instead of missed as it should have been. You ever try to call FEDEX and find out about a package? After talking to a phone center in India with two people I finally gave up. You have to jump through hoops to even find an email address on their website that is not tied into specific questions about shipping or claims. Nothing to send in an email and get a reply like UPS does with its customer concerns that come in on email everyday. I gave the call center my info and a phone number but still have yet to get a call. Received an email telling me that they were not able to complete my delivery because of a weather delay.

What a croc!
What makes your address so hard to locate?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
My road is a horseshoe with a spur on it. I live at the end of the spur. While the numbers are not consistent, I have a huge mailbox in front of house with address on it. Not hard to find if you look. Just hard finding someone that will look. Pure laziness. I have had them put no such number on my packages on numerous occasions.

Pooter

Make sure your house number is fully visible. Sounds like your house is a pain in the ass to find and it's easier to EC or just not attemp the delivery and let the next driver deal with it tomorrow.

I'm just assuming on little snippets, so no hard feelings.

I will agree getting info from fed ex is pretty infuriating

Pooter

My road is a horseshoe with a spur on it. I live at the end of the spur. While the numbers are not consistent, I have a huge mailbox in front of house with address on it. Not hard to find if you look. Just hard finding someone that will look. Pure laziness. I have had them put no such number on my packages on numerous occasions.

Is it possible to get FedEx to put "notes" on your delivery address so it's easier to find?

Id look into that but then again, dealing with fed ex means dealing with Express, ground, HD :(

Lazy drivers just suck. I'm hourly so I put effort on all my deliveries :)

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
In 30 years of delivering for UPS if finding my house was the hardest thing I had to do, I would be floating on cloud nine. You first have to come down the road to look for my house. They don't make the effort to even come down the road. No way you can miss my huge mailbox with my address on it if you do. That's a pet peeve of mine is people complaining about non delivery when their house or mailbox is not marked. My house is on my delivery area. People on my area have put up new mailboxes and numbers just because FEDEX drivers can't find their butts with both hands. I don't know where the find these people. An old saying comes to mind "You get what you pay for"

bbsam

Staff member
In 30 years of delivering for UPS if finding my house was the hardest thing I had to do, I would be floating on cloud nine. You first have to come down the road to look for my house. They don't make the effort to even come down the road. No way you can miss my huge mailbox with my address on it if you do. That's a pet peeve of mine is people complaining about non delivery when their house or mailbox is not marked. My house is on my delivery area. People on my area have put up new mailboxes and numbers just because FEDEX drivers can't find their butts with both hands. I don't know where the find these people. An old saying comes to mind "You get what you pay for"
"Free delivery", eh?

CJinx

I'm guessing that drivers don't realize that the spur is part of your road and not just another road. I think it's completely understandable that drivers not familiar with your area would miss that.

My suggestion would be to sign up for the Fedex Delivery Manager which allows you to put a notation in for the current and future delivery drivers. ie, "Unmarked road between 21 and 27 Main St is still part of the road, and 25 is located on this extension."

In my area, a scenario like you describe would prompt the town to assign a name to this "road"; especially if more than one person lives on it.

Johney

This happens everyday by guys making 80+ a year and you're surprised it happens by guys making less than $10 an hour?

clean hairy

I must be missing something here.
Folks come on here asking us to fix problems with UPS deliveries, and we get a person on here complaining about FedEx?
What are we supposed to do about a messed up FedEx delivery?

bbsam

Staff member
The fact that it was marked as "weather delay" is probably what is irritating. I understand that it's possible to miss the stop.
"Weather delay" can have a wide range of meanings from "14 inches of snow overnight delaying semis" to "half inch of ice locally" to "that house is too far out of the way but weather code has been approved for the day".

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I must be missing something here.
Folks come on here asking us to fix problems with UPS deliveries, and we get a person on here complaining about FedEx?
What are we supposed to do about a messed up FedEx delivery?

If you took the time to read the thread instead of just posting, you would see that I am a 30 year UPS driver. I am making the comment that FEDEX also has managers telling drivers to post weather delay on missed packages when in fact there was no bad weather.

My house is not off the beaten path. The road is not hard to navigate. I wish all my deliveries could be this easy. From the top of the spur you can see my entire house, not just a roof top. The spur is only 100 yards long. This is just a case of laziness on the part of the driver when I do not get my packages. It is dishonesty on the part of FEDEX when they show weather delay when the package is just missed because they sent someone out with too many stops or not being trained on the area.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What exactly is a weather delay anyway? Waiting for the weather forecast? Sun in your eyes?...

clean hairy

If you took the time to read the thread instead of just posting, you would see that I am a 30 year UPS driver. I am making the comment that FEDEX also has managers telling drivers to post weather delay on missed packages when in fact there was no bad weather.

My house is not off the beaten path. The road is not hard to navigate. I wish all my deliveries could be this easy. From the top of the spur you can see my entire house, not just a roof top. The spur is only 100 yards long. This is just a case of laziness on the part of the driver when I do not get my packages. It is dishonesty on the part of FEDEX when they show weather delay when the package is just missed because they sent someone out with too many stops or not being trained on the area.
I did take the time to read all of th thread and missed the 30yrs with UPS. My fault for that.
I did see your avatar and mistook that as 30 yrs of riding bikes, my mistake.
The initial post read as if just a Customer was on here complaining, others might have had the same impression.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I did take the time to read all of th thread and missed the 30yrs with UPS. My fault for that.
I did see your avatar and mistook that as 30 yrs of riding bikes, my mistake.
The initial post read as if just a Customer was on here complaining, others might have had the same impression.

Sorry........... after reading my initial post I could see where anyone might get the impression I was a customer. After being on this web site for the last 8 years, I assumed most people knew me even though I don't post much anymore.

T

Turdferguson

Sorry........... after reading my initial post I could see where anyone might get the impression I was a customer. After being on this web site for the last 8 years, I assumed most people knew me even though I don't post much anymore.
Did you call the FedEx direct line to complain 981-867-5309?.......

Sorry couldn't resist :)