FedEx Lies and Takeaways

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you've been around for awhile, here are just a few. Feel free to add more lies you are aware of. Newer people won't understand, but maybe they'll get an idea of how Fred works.

1. Killing the Traditional Pension

2. Profit Sharing. Remember how they said you'd get it in the form of increased compensation? Sure...still waiting.

3. Jumpseat. Can't have smelly hourlies associating with godly pilots.

4. Shift Differentials/Premiums. Name a company that doesn't pay shift premiums.

5. Industry Leading Benefits and Wages. We pay huge premiums for lousy coverage AND get ultra-high deductibles as a bonus. Our wages? Pleeeez...

6. Ground will never take work from Express. Yep...sure.

7. Your PPA is a pension. Uh, no.

8. The RLA. Protecting you from unions, and Fred from having to pay competitive wages.

9. Fuel Surcharge. Yes, we're still screwing customers on this one.

10. Claims. Ever had a customer file a successful claim against FedEx.? Good luck.

11. Service. Call Center agents regularly lie to customers about the reasons why their packages are late or never arrived. "Weather", and "Acts of God" are big favorites. I once had a rep from God knows where tell a customer our area was experiencing "typhoons" when it was clear and 80 degrees outside. I live somewhere where we don't have typhoons or hurricanes. "Typhoon" is a term used largely outside the USA.

Please add more.

Oldfart

Biggest lie was calling you a valued employee. Bigger mistake than Zapmail, Hotel Pack, Aeromate vans, Jim Barksdale. Etc Etc

Last edited:

Star B

White Lightening
3) The TSA and post 9/11 has a ton of weight in this. The pilots badge/FAA license gives them access to any SIDA area as long as they are in the companies area. A courier, not so much. Even a SIDA carrying courier doesn't have that luxury.

4) Tons. I think most, if not all of my prior employers I worked for didn't do shift diff.

Oldfart

3) The TSA and post 9/11 has a ton of weight in this. The pilots badge/FAA license gives them access to any SIDA area as long as they are in the companies area. A courier, not so much. Even a SIDA carrying courier doesn't have that luxury.

4) Tons. I think most, if not all of my prior employers I worked for didn't do shift diff.
MFE Did he just spoil your hate filled post and prove you wrong? Proving you wrong isn't hard because your post are filled with inaccuracies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Jumpseat? Uh, no. Fred is happy to let you ride if it's business (stay up all night, no sleep or hotel). The pilots didn't want us to have it back. Ramp agents pre-screen every jumpseater and check luggage etc. Ask a pilot. If they're honest, they'll tell you the truth.

Shift differential? Almost all employers offer a hefty incentive for weird shifts. Ours was peanuts anyway.

Star B

White Lightening
Jumpseat? Uh, no. Fred is happy to let you ride if it's business (stay up all night, no sleep or hotel).

Yeah, for company business they can feed it to the TSA a different way. You are on-duty and therefore a crewmember. Leisure is a different animal when it comes to the TSA. I'm sure you're also right when it comes to the crews like their little bubble and hate it when the riff raff mingle with them.

I'm still going to disagree with the shift differential. Many legit, honest, employees are slightly more than a number companies offer it. There are hundreds upon thousands of them that don't. Most airlines don't... and remember, we're an airline that just happens to own a huge fleet of trucks.

Oldfart, we know MFE's very grumpy at the company. He started with a different FX than most of us. He's put his years in, so he gets to bitch. Sometimes the crazy tin-foil hat guy is right.

Oldfart

Yeah, for company business they can feed it to the TSA a different way. You are on-duty and therefore a crewmember. Leisure is a different animal when it comes to the TSA. I'm sure you're also right when it comes to the crews like their little bubble and hate it when the riff raff mingle with them.

I'm still going to disagree with the shift differential. Many legit, honest, employees are slightly more than a number companies offer it. There are hundreds upon thousands of them that don't. Most airlines don't... and remember, we're an airline that just happens to own a huge fleet of trucks.

Oldfart, we know MFE's very grumpy at the company. He started with a different FX than most of us. He's put his years in, so he gets to bitch. Sometimes the crazy tin-foil hat guy is right.
I believe my 40+ qualify as been here a few years. Grumpy hate filled miserable people like him don't deserve to even have a job.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You know, I don't mind a good debate but when your argument for everything is "you're filled with hate" or "you're negative", it really becomes pointless to even have any sort of discussion.

If you ever decide to come to the big boy table, look me up. I'll be happy to debate, then.
The dude's a TROLL just trying to get a rise out of people. Put him on 'Ignore' alongside Dano and Upstate.

DONE

40 plus years?? You must be nuts. I still feel guilty for wasting 15 at that dump of a company. Leaving that dump
was the best move I ever made. Took guts to move on but doing it and finding a career that respects its employees was the best move I ever made. That dump is obviously still a mess.

BootsOnTarmac

Ramp agents pre-screen every jumpseater and check luggage etc.

Ramp agents do not check luggage. That is the responsibility of security as they go thru detectors as they enter the SIDA area. The ramp agent checks / scans the jumpseater's ID prior to entering the aircraft. The flight crew also has the responsibility to check the jumpseater prior to take off.

Limiting jumpseat access to business only needs was inevitable as the company grew and also extending the offer to other airlines pilots as a perk.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ramp agents do not check luggage. That is the responsibility of security as they go thru detectors as they enter the SIDA area. The ramp agent checks / scans the jumpseater's ID prior to entering the aircraft. The flight crew also has the responsibility to check the jumpseater prior to take off.

Limiting jumpseat access to business only needs was inevitable as the company grew and also extending the offer to other airlines pilots as a perk.

Afraid they do. We have no security at our ramp other than the airport police, and they don't check baggage or have detectors. The TSA checks baggage at the main concourse and has detectors, for regular airline passengers. Our ramp agents and managers are the only people I have ever seen check jumpseater baggage.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
See, you lied again. It gets easier every time you tell another lie. You said you had a million dollar home.

Assessed value is not market value, but you're not smart enough to know that. Most homes in my neighborhood go for way above assessed value. A recent listing at $825,000 brought multiple offers. The winning offer was $1.2M.

I bought my house 30 years ago for peanuts because it was a run-down home in an upscale community. Through lots of sweat equity, and the desirability of the area, I now live in an area I couldn't have possibly afforded, except through hard work and following the concept of location, location, location. I put over $150,000 into fixing it up, which were the things I couldn't do like foundation and plumbing.

vantexan

Assessed value is not market value, but you're not smart enough to know that. Most homes in my neighborhood go for way above assessed value. A recent listing at $825,000 brought multiple offers. The winning offer was $1.2M.

I bought my house 30 years ago for peanuts because it was a run-down home in an upscale community. Through lots of sweat equity, and the desirability of the area, I now live in an area I couldn't have possibly afforded, except through hard work and following the concept of location, location, location. I put over $150,000 into fixing it up, which were the things I couldn't do like foundation and plumbing.
You're in danger of having Book'em Dano bitch about your personal anecdotes.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're in danger of having Book'em Dano bitch about your personal anecdotes.

Maybe, but when the other couriers were buying new cars, I was buying drywall and bricks. My newest car is a 2006 model with almost 200,000 miles. Like you, I've always worked my ass off.

I made it myself, not through FedEx.