Fedex love fest.

With the help of a vomit bucket I was able to get through the sickeningly sweet morning presentations.The executives are a bunch of confident, snake oil selling mafia members. They took their manure and covered it with red velvet rose peddles and the Wall Street crowd ate it up. All of it! Amazing! The stock was up over 3%. The Dow was down a 100 points. Go figure because liars sure can.
Money talks guys. Money talks.

Some of you on the Express side will be targets of the cost reduction program.How many? They won't say, but, as station leases expire they will move to close down some stations and consolidate packages and employees to other stations. Nothing really new here. My guess is 7500 to 15,000 Express employees will lose jobs over 3 years.
I didn't hear anything that suggested 3 day express product was going away completely.

Rebholz is retiring to West Palm Beach next May. Whoopee!
FedEx Ground is cannibalizing Express and taking business from UPS. They're cherry pick'n, bottom feeding scabs. 81% of the contractors have multiple routes and that number will only increase.

I gotta tell you folks, the "ground contractors" paying their "employees' "Chinese wages" will continue to eat your lunch, :censored2: your wife, and molest your children.

Beggars can't be chooser.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Amazing! The stock was up over 3%. The Dow was down a 100 points. Go figure because liars sure can.Money talks guys.

What does one have to do with the other?

My guess is 7500 to 15,000 Express employees will lose jobs over 3 years.

Based on what data? The plan is to reduce total domestic Express hours by the equivalent of 3% of total full-time hourly positions.

Goldilocks

It was the GRAND DAM of a Sales Pitch. Funny I remember when Express was treated like Royalty and all sales pitches were about Express. Now we have been kicked to the curb and thrown under the bus. I am discusted. Has anyone seen anything about our benifits yet. I haven't. SHAME SHAME SHAME and remember, this will come back to bite them in the butt. One way or another. Most of you know how proud I was to work for Express and how I defended Express. NO LONGER.....DISCUSTING....

bbsam

Staff member
It was the GRAND DAM of a Sales Pitch. Funny I remember when Express was treated like Royalty and all sales pitches were about Express. Now we have been kicked to the curb and thrown under the bus. I am discusted. Has anyone seen anything about our benifits yet. I haven't. SHAME SHAME SHAME and remember, this will come back to bite them in the butt. One way or another. Most of you know how proud I was to work for Express and how I defended Express. NO LONGER.....DISCUSTING....
That's the problem. You were treated like royalty. Welcome to the real working world of the 21st century.

Goldilocks

That's the problem. You were treated like royalty. Welcome to the real working world of the 21st century.

I not going to get rude, because I do have a nasty PR temper. I sacrificed my life for Fedex Express, and most of us did. WE helped this company get on its feet. You dont have a clue about the loyalty to FS that most of us had. You will never know. I will be polite, but please dont kick the dog when he is down....

STFXG

And what do you have to say about the post office? Since smart post handles over 1/3 of grounds volume. If ground is scum then the post office and its union employees are...?

bbsam

Staff member
Hey now. Don't think we at Ground never sacrifice. I've put in the man houurs and a crap load of money. Never had the company treat me as what I am. A way to get box from point A to point B.

Based on what data? The plan is to reduce total domestic Express hours by the equivalent of 3% of total full-time hourly positions.

My data is proprietary information.

FedEx has off the books involuntary employee reduction program and it will eliminate a great deal more employees then are publicly discussed.

Last edited:

Goldilocks

Hey now. Don't think we at Ground never sacrifice. I've put in the man houurs and a crap load of money. Never had the company treat me as what I am. A way to get box from point A to point B.

I dont think your guys at Ground are slackers at all. I spoke with some ground guys and lots hate it. Because they are underpaid with no benifits. Anyone who works as a wage employee for Fedex works their tails off. I was one of the lucky ones to get into Federal Express when it was only 10 years old. Good Luck to you and please treat your people good.

Manager Wants Buyout

They will get their kills regardless. They will do a buyout to easy the bulging payroll but they will come for anyone that they can. Reduce costs is all that matters. While I'm disappointed I won't get confirmation I'll be bought out, I'm optimistic it will happen so I'll hold out a little longer.

FedEx has off the books involuntary employee reduction program and it will eliminate a great deal more employees then are publicly discussed.

Goldilocks

They will get their kills regardless. They will do a buyout to easy the bulging payroll but they will come for anyone that they can. Reduce costs is all that matters. While I'm disappointed I won't get confirmation I'll be bought out, I'm optimistic it will happen so I'll hold out a little longer.

I really hope it happens for you....Good Luck...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

[/COLOR]

Odd how the Official Corporate Suck-Up magiacally appears on D-Day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred does not want you to know what the body count will be when this drive-by is finished.

15,000 people, 15,000... floating down the river.

Remember the scene in "War of the Worlds" where Tom Cruise's little girl goes to pee by the river? After she finishes, she walks over to the stream, and there are dozens of bodies just floating-by in clumps. That's what I'm thinking of right now.

59 Dano

As Christopher Hitchens said, and someone here repeated, "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

59 Dano

Odd how the Official Corporate Suck-Up magiacally appears on D-Day.

Do you think I'd miss the Meltdown of the Malcontents for anything???

The perplexing part is that there was not much of anything of note announced for US DGO, yet people here are spazzing out as if they announced mass layoffs.