Fedex new commercial.

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by DontThrowPackages, Apr 27, 2013.

1. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

A new commercial has been airing touting Fedex ground is faster than UPS. I see the writing on the wall.

2. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Link?
    BTW, they've been saying that for awhile.

3. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

It has been faster to a lot of Midwest states, for example if you are moving packages from the west coast. It's part of the rail vs truck setup.

4. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Our shipping lanes have been faster for years now.

5. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

But how many commercials have they run claiming that? Ground will really grow with advertising, and probably they are now comfortable enough with the infrastructure to start advertising.

6. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Bring it, baby!

7. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

UPS moves almost everything by rail once it exceeds a certain distance. This is nothing new for either carrier.

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

So, those are the magic words you whisper in Fred's ear for more freight?

9. bbsam

Envy green is not your color.

10. northbound

northbound Member

Haha

11. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Reminds me of old GWB saying "bring em on".

12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Probably the same end result. Right now, Fred, MT3, bbsam, and all the rest of them are saying "Mission Accomplished". Maybe Fred will land on the ramp somewhere and run through a banner waving to his many fans.

13. bbsam

or any sporting event anyone has been to in the past 20 years.

14. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

No, Revenge Red is more my style. I'm going to enjoy it when Fred steers the ship in a different direction with Ground and you're all wondering what hit you.

15. bbsam

you just have no frame of reference, do you? Nothing promised, nothing stolen. Scares you, doesn't it? You took things for granted, I haven't had that luxury.

16. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I know, you're an example of American Exceptionalism, the hallmark of the Tea Party.

17. bbsam

No. I am an example of a contractor. Nothing more nothing less.

18. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Tea Party darling.

19. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

If someone is willing to work for 10.00 an hr, no insurance, no retirement plan and no overtime how soon will Smith realize he doesn't need the middle man?

20. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

He needs the middle man to make the scam look legit. If he can figure out a way to screw the contractor out of a penny...he will. I'm sure they are trying to figure out a way to do it too, but then they'd be employees. Wait, they already are. So confusing...and legally questionable.