Fedex on fire

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by NoLates, Jul 5, 2016.

1. LazyFreddy

LazyFreddy New Member

Seen this on a site today.

Attached Files:

2. Star B

Star B White Lightning

PREVENTABLE ACCIDENT: not expecting the unexpected.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. bacha29

bacha29 Well-Known Member

Looks like an old E-Series Ford at least 10+years old. Ground isn't the only unit to run rags.
  4. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Burning the route up?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

That's true. This was most likely a spare. Most spares are in less adequate condition.
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Drive had a hot sales lead?
  7. Star B

Star B White Lightning

Not exactly. We have quite a few of those left. I think most of our FO fleet are those.
  8. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Wasn't really referring to the E - series Ford. Should've made myself a little more clear. Most spares are nasty. Dirty and in rough shape.
  9. bacha29

Smelter bait.
  10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Hopefully, the courier went in there and threw himself on the flames to save all those precious packages. I wouldn't have even called the fire department until it was fully involved.
  11. bacha29

Specially designed with the junkyard in mind.
  12. Slick silver

Slick silver Active Member

Yeah I would make sure that van was going good and then call. That way you wouldn't have to worry about delivering after that. Tell the fire department, take your time no rush
  13. bacha29

Imagine the look on managements if he were able to bring it back to the terminal on fire and drive it right up to the front door
  14. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

Then they would all get the old "no pictures on social media" warning.
  15. Sparky

Sparky Member

I wouldn't be mad if they replaced the E-series with those new transits, or be like DHL and lease then from penske
  16. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I would have driven it as long as possible.
    Like this...

17. HedleyLamarr

HedleyLamarr Member

We had one of those older vans at our station up until just a couple of months ago. Drove it a few times, it really wasn't that bad. On the other hand, the old Dodge Sprinter we have is a hunk of junk. Turn signals don't work half the time, and the transmission is having issues now. If I am driving up a hill, it slows down considerably despite the accelerator being pushed to the floor. Won't kick into overdrive anymore.
  18. Exec32

Exec32 Member

I wonder if they got FIRED,