Fedex Pilots Contract - Wow

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Which means that the only difference between them and you is the vehicle.

How many AMJ's do you carry if they don't move the plane to the ramp?

I'm not saying the jobs are analogous. Flying a Boeing is a lot more complicated than driving a Freightshaker. What I am saying is that the RTDs also control quite a bit of freight, something we could use to our advantage if we don't deliver it.

I don't carry any AMJs if they don't fly the plane, which would be A-OK with me. Too bad our pilots wouldn't do more to support us unionizing, as in refusing to fly if we gained representation and Fred blew us off like he does when Freight terminals vote for a union.

BootsOnTarmac

Sounds like most RTD's I know that sit in the break room waiting for their containers to be loaded instead of helping push them in the trailer, especially if the sort is running late.

Most of our RTD's are still breathing heavy after climbing six stairs to the dock level. They then complain when they have to go and air up the rollers. But some will even go into the sort at the end and help pull their own cans to the truck. Kudos to them and an inspiration to the handlers who aspire to be drivers.