FedEx Pride

hypo hanna

They have the "nerve" to have a "hashtag" ... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

just being "hip" to show the younger crowd how with it they are! Lol!

These messages can come from just about anywhere within the company. There are email list for just about every workgroup. An email goes out to dispatchers to send out the blurb with a little note that they will be audited. The dispatcher copies and paste the message into the dispatch system and sends it out to the drivers. Other broadcast messages like the ones concerning going over hours the dispatchers sends out to cover their own butts. Few of them have not been written up for a driver going over when there was nothing they could have done to prevent it from happening. There are broadcast from sales, from local managers, from basically anyone who thinks they have something important to say and wants to distract us from moving packages.

FedEx916

My manager mentioned yesterday, "ya know, I was just given permission to give out BZ's again" as if that was supposed to be incentive to work hard.. How about my 3%, portable pension, and split differential back.. Then MAYBE we will talk...

hypo hanna

My manager mentioned yesterday, "ya know, I was just given permission to give out BZ's again" as if that was supposed to be incentive to work hard.. How about my 3%, portable pension, and split differential back.. Then MAYBE we will talk...

EXACTLY!

pay us a living wage. FedEx can damn well afford it! All that gloom and doom is nothing but lies. FedEx has already recovered its value plus some from the 2008 market crash.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
EXACTLY!

pay us a living wage. FedEx can damn well afford it! All that gloom and doom is nothing but lies. FedEx has already recovered its value plus some from the 2008 market crash.

FedEx is doing just fine. They do even better when they screw us blind and take even more away. Fred never has enough, so he needs to steal it from us and jack those sky-high FDX profits into the stratosphere.

northbound

Seems that management at my station is slowly realizing that morale is bad. So, the new tactic, instead of the threatening messages of past, is to send out motivational broadcasts about "FedEx Pride". We should all show our pride in working for FedEx. The week is still young though.

LOFL. I show "FedEx Pride" when I take a huge, steaming Smith and then wipe my Thornton with a big wad of Bronczek.

Haha

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You can say that again. We got a message yesterday via powerpad from our manager addressing us as "team". Once again we are being squeezed to hit onroad goals and we were told late starts, route cutting, hours cutting, etc were all on the table. The manager asked for suggestions "to help me help you". People were openly talking about signing union cards when I got back for the reload. The fireworks at our next meeting should be good.

You guys still have meetings? We haven't had an AM station meeting in over six months. No SFA, no "You suck", nothing. Been kind if nice. Management on the other hand has at minimum four a day. They should have solved the issue of world peace by now!

hypo hanna

You guys still have meetings? We haven't had an AM station meeting in over six months. No SFA, no "You suck", nothing. Been kind if nice. Management on the other hand has at minimum four a day. They should have solved the issue of world peace by now!

The rare meeting we have now is to tell us how FedEx is barely hanging on and its basically our fault for not working hard enough. Never mind the fact that we have never been this productive in the history of the company. No, more meetings I can do without. What I need is a proper paycheck!

hypo hanna

I got a little more information on these broadcast messages. The email was signed by Vicki towles. She is some kind of pet of the dispatch senior management. The email read in part...

"these messages are designed to offer helpful hints and information with the underlying focus of providing outstanding customer service."
and my favorite;
"This weeks message is pretty cool and our couriers will appreciate it, so please broadcast it today:"

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'm in charge of working on our ramp's float for the upcoming 'FedEx Pride' parade...It's going to consist of larger-than-life animatronic figures in the form of Fred, Bronczek, MT3, et al sodomizing blow-up dolls wearing (faded) FedEx uniforms.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm in charge of working on our ramp's float for the upcoming 'FedEx Pride' parade...It's going to consist of larger-than-life animatronic figures in the form of Fred, Bronczek, MT3, et al sodomizing blow-up dolls wearing (faded) FedEx uniforms.

Bravo Zulu!! (no money, just paper).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got a little more information on these broadcast messages. The email was signed by Vicki towles. She is some kind of pet of the dispatch senior management. The email read in part...

"these messages are designed to offer helpful hints and information with the underlying focus of providing outstanding customer service."
and my favorite;
"This weeks message is pretty cool and our couriers will appreciate it, so please broadcast it today:"

I've got a helpful hint for Vicki. :censored2: YOU!!

overflowed

One of my co workers had a good idea about uniforms. She said she was going to tell her customers to call and say she looks like *****ee. Can you please properly clothe your workers?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bahahaha that's great. Btw thanks for the insight on a dispatchers perspective. I wish our dispatchers were as upfront and honest as you are.

Our dispatchers are just as controlled as we are. They are monitored like hawks and just regurgitate the broadcasts that they are directed to send out. They think the messages of "encouragement" and "pride" are just as stupid as we do. Like us, if they say anything, it will be their ass.

DontThrowPackages

You can say that again. We got a message yesterday via powerpad from our manager addressing us as "team". Once again we are being squeezed to hit onroad goals and we were told late starts, route cutting, hours cutting, etc were all on the table. The manager asked for suggestions "to help me help you". People were openly talking about signing union cards when I got back for the reload. The fireworks at our next meeting should be good.
This is what I was telling you guys about. They have been told to "motivate" couriers to hit Onroad goals. And we all know once the Heads see couriers hitting 100percent without fail, its time to raise their goal again. Demonstrate you can do 100pecent without fail and you will find yourself asking your manager, "Why did my goal go up?". Shoot for 98percent everyday and have lates if you are instructed to take out extra stops. Make sure to walk every package in and out of your truck. If you're a belt puller and items bypass you while you're in truck placing a box on top shelf just behind the bulkhead, then let them continue to the end of the belt for rerun. But if your co-worker next to you takes them off then go ahead and get them when you have a chance. No running and no throwing. WAD.

hypo hanna

Bahahaha that's great. Btw thanks for the insight on a dispatchers perspective. I wish our dispatchers were as upfront and honest as you are.
There are still some that drink the kool aid but most realize what a lousy job it is. Management tries to get them to do their jobs for them and basically fix their mistakes then turn around and blame them if they can't pull it off. They like to call the dispatcher the "on road manager". All that for less then what most couriers make. Same base pay as a swing driver with no overtime and the same crappy hours. So glad I went back on the road.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There are still some that drink the kool aid but most realize what a lousy job it is. Management tries to get them to do their jobs for them and basically fix their mistakes then turn around and blame them if they can't pull it off. They like to call the dispatcher the "on road manager". All that for less then what most couriers make. Same base pay as a swing driver with no overtime and the same crappy hours. So glad I went back on the road.

This is so true. As the better managers leave, and the lousy ones hide in their offices or go out and do a few stops, the dispatcher becomes the defacto manager. I know several very well, and the best way for a dispatcher to WAD is to put all of those decisions back where they belong...with management.