Fedex Quality Service

Oldfart

Mr. Oldfart is incapable of accepting the cold reality that people who become employees of his beloved company in the future will not become as emotionally attached to it as he no doubt is primarily due to the fact that their pay scale will not advance nearly as fast as his was, the healthcare plan will require them to pay a much higher share of it's cost than he had to pay and the pension plan will be strictly a defined contribution which at the end of the person's employment could be worth something but just as easily be worth nothing given today's zero interest rate environment.These are the stark realities that will dictate future employee attitudes. He can call them names and try to shame them all he wants but it will not change a thing. And his continued insistence on doing so is a testament to his own ignorance.
Portable has been paying 4% since day one 13 or so years ago and even higher some years. PLEASE do some research before showing your ignorance. Try reading a book sometimes, you MIGHT learn something. I doubt it, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Portable has been paying 4% since day one 13 or so years ago and even higher some years. PLEASE do some research before showing your ignorance. Try reading a book sometimes, you MIGHT learn something. I doubt it, YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID.

I agree. You are stupid, and it can't be fixed. Dude, you are the effing POSTER BOY for IamFedEx.com retardation propaganda.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The term NO PENSION is used over and over. Idiots claim the traditional is not a pension. I see that over and over. Yes, you are a miserable ingrate. Misreables complain about the medical. Compare it to other Fortune 500 companies and see that it compares pretty well. Better than some, not as good as others. Getting family medical coverage and dental and vision for about $200 a month is not a bad deal. The deduchtibles are a little high but the $900 HRA account helps on that.

YOU, sir, are the idiot. The Traditional Plan is a pension, but the Piss Poor Pension known variously as the PPP or PPA is NOT. Our medical is basically catastrophic coverage with a few peanuts like preventive care and the HRA tossed in to make it seem like you aren't taking it straight up the butt.

If you think we have decent coverage, you need to call People Help and get a referral to a psychiatrist. Can anyone possibly be this dumb?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yet you keep on working there. Why is that? You wouldn't have a reason to awaken everyday if you didn't have this job to whine about.

My "job" here is to educate the ignorant. Usually, they finally see the light. Some people are beyond help...like you.

bacha29

Portable has been paying 4% since day one 13 or so years ago and even higher some years. PLEASE do some research before showing your ignorance.
Is that 4% guaranteed? Now that may sound like a lot to you but even a humble little S&P index fund does twice that. In addition back in your heyday, back when you still had some sap in your trunk interest rates were double that amount. Keep in mind one other important fact. The benchmark 10 year U.S. Treasuries are paying right now around 1.70% having fallen earlier this year to an all time low of 1.38%. And in some European countries interest rates are in fact trading in negative territory . So don't throw that mighty 4% number at me and expect it to mean something.

Oldfart

YOU, sir, are the idiot. The Traditional Plan is a pension, but the Piss Poor Pension known variously as the PPP or PPA is NOT. Our medical is basically catastrophic coverage with a few peanuts like preventive care and the HRA tossed in to make it seem like you aren't taking it straight up the butt.

If you think we have decent coverage, you need to call People Help and get a referral to a psychiatrist. Can anyone possibly be this dumb?
Says the town IDIOT. Ask your friends to compare their benefits to yours. Some will be better, some will not. Well, you can't have any friends. People normally don't like being around miserable people that hate life.

vantexan

If it pays 1% a quarter how is it paying more some years other than some slight compounding? And everyone is saying the traditional pension is a pension. Some disagree about the portable pension. The portable doesn't pay anything close to the traditional and for it to amount to anything a new hire has to be in it a very long time. And your vaunted 4% only keeps it a little ahead of inflation although these days that's about as good as it gets.

Oldfart

Is that 4% guaranteed? Now that may sound like a lot to you but even a humble little S&P index fund does twice that. In addition back in your heyday, back when you still had some sap in your trunk interest rates were double that amount. Keep in mind one other important fact. The benchmark 10 year U.S. Treasuries are paying right now around 1.70% having fallen earlier this year to an all time low of 1.38%. And in some European countries interest rates are in fact trading in negative territory . So don't throw that mighty 4% number at me and expect it to mean something.
Been paying 4% or more for 13 or so years. Find ANY no risk fund that pays 4%. Not gonna be very easy.

Oldfart

If it pays 1% a quarter how is it paying more some years other than some slight compounding? And everyone is saying the traditional pension is a pension. Some disagree about the portable pension. The portable doesn't pay anything close to the traditional and for it to amount to anything a new hire has to be in it a very long time. And your vaunted 4% only keeps it a little ahead of inflation although these days that's about as good as it gets.
There were several years it paid 4 1/4 or maybe 4 1/2. It has been a while. Either way. A no risk plan with FREE money that you contributed ZERO to is pretty good in today's financial numbers.

bacha29

Says the town IDIOT. Ask your friends to compare their benefits to yours. Some will be better, some will not. Well, you can't have any friends. People normally don't like being around miserable people that hate life.
It's not that people dislike a person who insists on living in a bygone era. They simply ignore them choosing instead to bypass them leaving them in their ignorant little world. Clearly you are a person who is much more comfortable living in the past because the future scares you as evidenced by your irrational affection for that company given the sense of security it gives you despite the fact that they could have and still can dispose of you in a heartbeat That's understood. At the same time criticizing and demeaning those who have to live in that future is why they have no time for somebody like you.
There were several years it paid 4 1/4 or maybe 4 1/2. It has been a while. Either way. A no risk plan with FREE money that you contributed ZERO to is pretty good in today's financial numbers.
It is only as solvent as the portfolio's (probably an insurance company) ability to earn enough to pay the benefits. If it can't all it has to do is to petition federal regulators for the right to amend the plan.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I love my life...outside of FedEx. I have a great wife and kids, a loving family, and a very successful second career. I'll be out of this shathole as soon as I'm old enough. You need to get a life, other than being a Weasel Worshipper.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If your boss had any sense, he would throw you out with the trash. That is where you belong.

I've been through more managers than I care to remember. Whatever you think of me, I'm very good at my job, and am intelligent enough to eviscerate any superior who wants to take me on.

dezguy

tumblr_lifqtbSoyG1qakh43o1_400.gif