Fedex Quality Service

Oldfart

I've been through more managers than I care to remember. Whatever you think of me, I'm very good at my job, and am intelligent enough to eviscerate any superior who wants to take me on.
People that hate life and EVERYTHING in it can't be very good at their job. You have a lousy attitude, you don't lift a finger to help a coworker and your customers hate you because you complain all the time. At least you think highly of yourself. Your coworkers wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

vantexan

People that hate life and EVERYTHING in it can't be very good at their job. You have a lousy attitude, you don't lift a finger to help a coworker and your customers hate you because you complain all the time. At least you think highly of yourself. Your coworkers wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.
Now now, stalefart, you can't possibly know anything about our lives other than we were screwed over by your favorite company and we complain about it here. I'm curious, would you have defended the Nazis if you were German in the late 30's? Things were going well up 'til then, but the wheels started coming off when they began invading other countries and rounding up Jews and others. Would you have defended them?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Now now, stalefart, you can't possibly know anything about our lives other than we were screwed over by your favorite company and we complain about it here.

Fart is right about this. Negative, bitter people are lousy employees. Never seen an exception.

vantexan

Fart is right about this. Negative, bitter people are lousy employees. Never seen an exception.
I was raised to believe that no matter what is done to me, short of breaking the law, I have an obligation to work hard and honestly for my employer as they are paying my way. FedEx however doesn't believe in rewarding hard work, and too many of it's mgrs are dishonest and abusive. We're told we must be trustworthy, if they can't trust us we shouldn't work for them. Yet over and over I've experienced mgrs lying to me. Some seem to believe that we're easily deceived morons who exist to be fleeced. So when it comes to who's a good employee, I'll take most couriers, many of which are bitter over how they were treated the last 15 or so years, over this company's management team any day.

Oldfart

I was raised to believe that no matter what is done to me, short of breaking the law, I have an obligation to work hard and honestly for my employer as they are paying my way. FedEx however doesn't believe in rewarding hard work, and too many of it's mgrs are dishonest and abusive. We're told we must be trustworthy, if they can't trust us we shouldn't work for them. Yet over and over I've experienced mgrs lying to me. Some seem to believe that we're easily deceived morons who exist to be fleeced. So when it comes to who's a good employee, I'll take most couriers, many of which are bitter over how they were treated the last 15 or so years, over this company's management team any day.
Maybe they treat you like crap because you are a crappy employee.

dezguy

WOW! Talk about making generalizations.

Do you have any proof of any of this? I mean, saying FedEx's customers hate people without even knowing the person is pretty bold and insinuating the same about their co-workers.... Can you cite these accusations?

I bitch plenty on here about FedEx. The customers I deal with, every day hate me so much they pretty much all gave me generous tips at Christmas, last year, not to mention birthday gifts. My co-workers seem to enjoy my company as well. Sure, I'm sure there are a couple who don't like me, it'll be like that anywhere one works but I seriously doubt if I were on fire, they wouldn't spit on me.

I'm really starting to wonder who is really the one who is "full of hate"....

Oldfart

WOW! Talk about making generalizations.

I'm really starting to wonder who is really the one who is "full of hate"....
I hate lazy people that whine and complain about their job, yet they continue working at the very job they whine and complain about.

It will be fine

I hate lazy people that whine and complain about their job, yet they continue working at the very job they whine and complain about.
You seem to not understand the distinction. One can hate fedex and still enjoy their work. You can dislike a manager, hate working within in the building and still be happy 90% of your day while out on the road. Fedex is an evil corporation that doesn't care about its employees or even its customers at this point, but driving around delivering boxes can still be alright.

Oldfart

You seem to not understand the distinction. One can hate fedex and still enjoy their work. You can dislike a manager, hate working within in the building and still be happy 90% of your day while out on the road. Fedex is an evil corporation that doesn't care about its employees or even its customers at this point, but driving around delivering boxes can still be alright.
No doubt. But people complain about benefits, pay, dishonest managers and their working conditions. If all that is true, only an idiot would continue to work at a place that is guilty of that. Go find a job that pays more, has better benefits and honest management.

dezguy

I would never say I hate someone. Hate is reserved for the lowest of the low.

Now, what I can say is I dislike people who try to blow sunshine up others' asses. I know a few of those left at my station. Perhaps they should quit because they dislike my attitude?

Works both ways, bud.

vantexan

Maybe they treat you like crap because you are a crappy employee.
Been tops in productivity in most of the places I've been. Had a director ask to meet me once, said he never heard of another courier who consistently ran his rt at 150%. Once delivered 19 stops in 24 mins in a 36 story bldg I had never been in before. My Sr mgr loved me for that. I used to run windsprints, have worked 40 or more Saturdays as a 6th day a number of years. All I got in return were lies that negatively affected my life, low pay, and a stunted pension.

vantexan

No doubt. But people complain about benefits, pay, dishonest managers and their working conditions. If all that is true, only an idiot would continue to work at a place that is guilty of that. Go find a job that pays more, has better benefits and honest management.
There is such a thing as transferring. If I get into a bad situation I can always transfer. I do like that I've lived in some unique places. I dislike that mgrs have not only lied about the kind of rt I was taking, but in one case even lied to me about the location of their JCATS opening because they were desperate to cover an incredibly heavy route. I've had so many HR reps cover for the mgr that I gave up trying to get situations fixed. Old age, a plugged up artery, high blood pressure and diabetes eventually kept me here til the bitter, bitter, oh so bitter and miserable end. But hey, happiness is FedEx in the rear view mirror. So while you are wailing here I'll gladly move on.

Oldfart

Been tops in productivity in most of the places I've been. Had a director ask to meet me once, said he never heard of another courier who consistently ran his rt at 150%. Once delivered 19 stops in 24 mins in a 36 story bldg I had never been in before. My Sr mgr loved me for that. I used to run windsprints, have worked 40 or more Saturdays as a 6th day a number of years. All I got in return were lies that negatively affected my life, low pay, and a stunted pension.
150%. My BS detector just went off. Sounds like you had a goal of 5 SPH. Go blow smoke up someone else.

vantexan

150%. My BS detector just went off. Sounds like you had a goal of 5 SPH. Go blow smoke up someone else.
Can't handle it can you? I was 29, super fit, and ran, literally ran, all the time. Didn't even know that they used percentages until director told me. My first mgr as a courier wrote in my first courier review that I was "super human." Most people here know couriers who work fast, etc. And we're not often liked by some couriers. If I had to do it over again I would've slowed down. Would have saved me a lot of grief and a lot of extra work dumped on me. I went into FedEx believing that if I worked really hard and made myself a valued employee I would get rewarded for my efforts. FedEx beat that out of me. I still hold up my end of the bargain though.

Schweddy

Balls
welp.. I'm buggin out of this fart waft.. fartboy is cropdusting the whole forum. You talk like a shill

OP, hope you don't have any more issues with the dude that thinks he can break the rules cuz he used to be the boss.

Oldfart

Can't handle it can you? I was 29, super fit, and ran, literally ran, all the time. Didn't even know that they used percentages until director told me. My first mgr as a courier wrote in my first courier review that I was "super human." Most people here know couriers who work fast, etc. And we're not often liked by some couriers. If I had to do it over again I would've slowed down. Would have saved me a lot of grief and a lot of extra work dumped on me. I went into FedEx believing that if I worked really hard and made myself a valued employee I would get rewarded for my efforts. FedEx beat that out of me. I still hold up my end of the bargain though.
I even put new batteries in and my BS detector has ran down again. Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. 150%? Like I said, when your goal is 5 SPH, not hard to accomplish.

vantexan

I even put new batteries in and my BS detector has ran down again. Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. 150%? Like I said, when your goal is 5 SPH, not hard to accomplish.
That particular rt was a town of 25,000 52 miles from station. I delivered from about 10 miles north to 30 miles south of town, doing 50-60 dels and 15-20 pups most days. The year before I was a 4X10 cover driver in downtown Seattle. Often did 50+ dels by 1030 there. Mgr would say to rts I covered "if he can do it why can't you?"

Oldfart

That particular rt was a town of 25,000 52 miles from station. I delivered from about 10 miles north to 30 miles south of town, doing 50-60 dels and 15-20 pups most days. The year before I was a 4X10 cover driver in downtown Seattle. Often did 50+ dels by 1030 there. Mgr would say to rts I covered "if he can do it why can't you?"

Did you walk 5 miles to work UPHILL each day too?