Fedex Quality Service

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Good way to look at it. Terminal managers hate hourly temps because they're budget killers, not to mention bonus killers. Too many contractors make the mistake of signing on to peak season volume without first having the men and machines in place to handle it. Experience has clearly shown that when it comes to XGround stop gap measures often become permanent solutions.
Not to mention at least 3 garage doors need panel replacement because a temp backed out of them with the door closed or only halfway up?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx - The World Whenever

We used to "accidentally" scrape of the "e" on our CTV tractors so it read "The World On Tim". Service these days is an absolute joke. The station I hit on the AM has had over 1,000 outbound not make the plane this week. That's 2,000 happy customers.

bacha29

We used to "accidentally" scrape of the "e" on our CTV tractors so it read "The World On Tim". Service these days is an absolute joke. The station I hit on the AM has had over 1,000 outbound not make the plane this week. That's 2,000 happy customers.
All of the operating units have in recent years have been so economized that the best they can do overall is to try to muddle through. How long they can go on like that is anybody's guess and the bottom level box grunt who has nothing to look forward to has become desensitized to the point where he couldn't care less about the eventual outcome . So just throw some boxes on and go for a ride and let the next guy figure out what to about it.

vantexan

All of the operating units have in recent years have been so economized that the best they can do overall is to try to muddle through. How long they can go on like that is anybody's guess and the bottom level box grunt who has nothing to look forward to has become desensitized to the point where he couldn't care less about the eventual outcome . So just throw some boxes on and go for a ride and let the next guy figure out what to about it.
Really?

bacha29

You must be so proud of yourself and are a role model for all miserable people.
Too many trips to the Fedex Mind Control and Reeducation Academy.Poor guy has be so indoctrinated in happy thoughts and hero worship that happy is now the only emotion he is capable of generating.

dmac1

Just to update on my missing package-

Customer service called and said to go ahead and file with the shipper. I asked if they were able to determine where the package was delivered. She said that they had no idea because they were unable to contact the driver, and he never replied to their calls ??????? How can they have a driver working who doesn't even respond? I could understand if the driver claimed(lied) he had delivered to the right address, even though I was just feet away from my open front door when he said he delivered the package, but accepting a non-response is nuts.

Is it now acceptable for a HD driver or his contractor to not respond at all?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You must be so proud of yourself and are a role model for all miserable people.
Meanwhile people like you and Dano live in constant denial of a once great company that has become nothing but a thriving cesspool of crap.

Would love to meet your coworkers.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just to update on my missing package-

Customer service called and said to go ahead and file with the shipper. I asked if they were able to determine where the package was delivered. She said that they had no idea because they were unable to contact the driver, and he never replied to their calls ??????? How can they have a driver working who doesn't even respond? I could understand if the driver claimed(lied) he had delivered to the right address, even though I was just feet away from my open front door when he said he delivered the package, but accepting a non-response is nuts.

Ground simply doesn't care.
Substandard wages and working conditions = substandard service.

bacha29

Ground simply doesn't care.
Substandard wages and working conditions = substandard service.
That is exactly what you have. X believes that contractors are in fact capable of finding and employing people who are first class professionals in every sense of the word and are willing to work for fast food wages regardless of which part of the country you're talking about. Oh you might be able to do it here and there but nationwide, with a average of 12,000 baby boomers marching off to retirement everyday 365 days a year for the next 17 years it's can't help but open up better job opportunities.

It will be fine

Absolutely. The majority of my responses are, "it was driver released at the front door." If I'm feeling generous I'll check the GPS and make sure the truck was at the right spot, but I don't always bother. What are they going to do, pull my contract? Not likely for disputes, maybe if it becomes excessive but I imagine that would take a lot. The sad fact is I don't care anymore, half the time I respond that way without checking GPS or with the driver, it's not worth my time.

dmac1

Absolutely. The majority of my responses are, "it was driver released at the front door." If I'm feeling generous I'll check the GPS and make sure the truck was at the right spot, but I don't always bother. What are they going to do, pull my contract? Not likely for disputes, maybe if it becomes excessive but I imagine that would take a lot. The sad fact is I don't care anymore, half the time I respond that way without checking GPS or with the driver, it's not worth my time.

But this driver or the contractor did't even reply. The streets are numbered, with east and west, with the same house number on multiple houses. I live on east 23rd st, and there is a house on east 21st, and another on west 23rd with the same house number. And my house is over 150 feet from the road. My front porch is visible from the street, so technically the package should not have been left in plain sight.

I always at least replied to loss prevention when I was a contractor, and had to dispute being charged for a missing package once. Did they quit charging contractors for missing packages if they left packages without following the DR rules?

It will be fine

But this driver or the contractor did't even reply. The streets are numbered, with east and west, with the same house number on multiple houses. I live on east 23rd st, and there is a house on east 21st, and another on west 23rd with the same house number. And my house is over 150 feet from the road. My front porch is visible from the street, so technically the package should not have been left in plain sight.

I always at least replied to loss prevention when I was a contractor, and had to dispute being charged for a missing package once. Did they quit charging contractors for missing packages if they left packages without following the DR rules?
They don't charge for claims anymore. As long as you follow driver release standards I don't see how they can make it an issue. My contract says I can leave residential packages following certain criteria. After that I don't really care what happens to the box. There could be a guy standing on the street saying he was going to take the box as soon as I left and I wouldn't even pause on my way back to the truck.

Oldfart

Meanwhile people like you and Dano live in constant denial of a once great company that has become nothing but a thriving cesspool of crap.

Would love to meet your coworkers.
Yet you keep working there.

Its a paycheck. Not a way of life. Cant let it consume you.

bacha29

Yet you keep working there.

Its a paycheck. Not a way of life. Cant let it consume you.
You just don't get it man. That company has done an awful lot of egregious things to people who didn't deserve it. You take a passive approach to this conduct. As long as it happens to the other guy and not you then it's alright. The economic gains that you have experienced during your time with that company have come relatively easy. That's not the case theses days and what I find gratifying is that every day more employees and contractors are coming to the realization that if they are to receive what you got easily they are going to have to fight for it . Hopefully someday soon the RLA will no longer stand in the way and the courts will finally look past that "contractor" smoke screen X has been blowing in their faces for decades.

Oldfart

You just don't get it man. That company has done an awful lot of egregious things to people who didn't deserve it. You take a passive approach to this conduct. As long as it happens to the other guy and not you then it's alright. The economic gains that you have experienced during your time with that company have come relatively easy. That's not the case theses days and what I find gratifying is that every day more employees and contractors are coming to the realization that if they are to receive what you got easily they are going to have to fight for it . Hopefully someday soon the RLA will no longer stand in the way and the courts will finally look past that "contractor" smoke screen X has been blowing in their faces for decades.
I don't know any contractors and have no idea how their pay scale works. I don't spend all my free time contacting people in other cities and other parts of the company. I just see how it is at my station. Are things perfect? Not hardly? Would I like to make more? Who wouldn't. I know nothing about different market levels and how the raise affected other people. People that fight other peoples battles often do it because they are so miserable that they take joy in having more things to complain about.

As far as having everything easy. When I got hired on, I barely made $5 an hr, which was only about $1.50 more than minimum wage. Nothing easy about that, even in the 70's. I just got .89 raise and will get .99 next year. That will most likely be my last raise. Just got my insurance packet and with the new options and the modest premium increase, I am satisfied with that benefit after talking to friends at other companies.

Just glad my Tide stomped some Vol butt today. Life is good.

vantexan

I don't know any contractors and have no idea how their pay scale works. I don't spend all my free time contacting people in other cities and other parts of the company. I just see how it is at my station. Are things perfect? Not hardly? Would I like to make more? Who wouldn't. I know nothing about different market levels and how the raise affected other people. People that fight other peoples battles often do it because they are so miserable that they take joy in having more things to complain about.

As far as having everything easy. When I got hired on, I barely made $5 an hr, which was only about $1.50 more than minimum wage. Nothing easy about that, even in the 70's. I just got .89 raise and will get .99 next year. That will most likely be my last raise. Just got my insurance packet and with the new options and the modest premium increase, I am satisfied with that benefit after talking to friends at other companies.

Just glad my Tide stomped some Vol butt today. Life is good.
The theme that runs through all your posts is that since you've had it pretty good then everyone else should be happy too. And if we aren't happy we're just miserable people who aren't happy with anything. Never mind that we've had to settle for much less pay and a much smaller pension. If we don't like it, too bad, like it or leave. Never mind that many mgrs in many places lied to us repeatedly over the years about how the company was working on improving midrange pay. You don't know what went on in other places? Most people don't. I for one have worked in enough places to know the company was telling mgrs to lie to us. Anything to keep us at it. And now with the new pay plan people that have worked 10+ years still have to work many more years to get to better pay. That's ok with you because you've got yours and that should make us all happy. And if we aren't dancing jigs because you're happy then we're just miserable ingrates. And I thought Dano was dense.