Fedex Quality Service

Oldfart

The theme that runs through all your posts is that since you've had it pretty good then everyone else should be happy too. And if we aren't happy we're just miserable people who aren't happy with anything. Never mind that we've had to settle for much less pay and a much smaller pension. If we don't like it, too bad, like it or leave. Never mind that many mgrs in many places lied to us repeatedly over the years about how the company was working on improving midrange pay. You don't know what went on in other places? Most people don't. I for one have worked in enough places to know the company was telling mgrs to lie to us. Anything to keep us at it. And now with the new pay plan people that have worked 10+ years still have to work many more years to get to better pay. That's ok with you because you've got yours and that should make us all happy. And if we aren't dancing jigs because you're happy then we're just miserable ingrates. And I thought Dano was dense.
If you dont trust your employer, why continue having him as your employer?

vantexan

If you dont trust your employer, why continue having him as your employer?
I've invested most of my adult life in this company, am just about to retire. We've talked about this before. Hung in there for the pension, when they terminated it in 2008, the economy tanked. Later developed health issues. So have had to ride it out. But that's not really the point is it? If you're happy with FedEx and want to sing it's praises more power to you. If however one has been screwed over repeatedly by bad mgrs or the company in general he has just as much right to be critical. YOU don't get to decide what's allowed. Your take seems to be only positive posts are acceptable. Your experience certainly hasn't been mine but both views are valid. I've known plenty of topped out couriers who are happy with what they got. I've known plenty of midrange employees who aren't. One thing the company can't get around however is as more senior couriers retire the workforce is becoming more and more disgruntled. And that's the ones who are sticking with it. If the company intends to try to hoodwink everyone with this new pay plan, which would be insane to try, no one in their right mind will work for them. This is the internet age, and the only hope they have is to have people come on forums like this and paint a rosy picture. The truth will come out however. Better hope a federal minimum wage of $15hr never happens because FedEx will be forced to pay much better. Why work your tail off for BSers when an easy job down the street pays almost as much?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They don't charge for claims anymore. As long as you follow driver release standards I don't see how they can make it an issue. My contract says I can leave residential packages following certain criteria. After that I don't really care what happens to the box. There could be a guy standing on the street saying he was going to take the box as soon as I left and I wouldn't even pause on my way back to the truck.

That's messed up... If that's an unsecured DR, then why not DEX 007 & make the customer sign the door tag for a next attempt?

What I dislike about those complaints or disputes are driver followups... I only had 3 this year, 2 were resolved - their relatives took the parcels inside. One didn't know the parcel was a blue white Walmart bag instead of a box. One blatantly lied to try to "buy one get one free" by claiming non delivery (MC she held the door open while I shoved the big crate n barrel box in for her)

Are u guys sure about disputes & claims not chargeable? or u just lose your bonus for that month?

As the OP experienced, YMMV depending on who's covering your area. My current contractor gives me 3 Franklins a month bonus for having no complaints or accident s... My previous cheapskate contractor had no such motivation. No paid vacation also helped my choice to find a better employer who values good workers.

It will be fine

That's messed up... If that's an unsecured DR, then why not DEX 007 & make the customer sign the door tag for a next attempt?

What I dislike about those complaints or disputes are driver followups... I only had 3 this year, 2 were resolved - their relatives took the parcels inside. One didn't know the parcel was a blue white Walmart bag instead of a box. One blatantly lied to try to "buy one get one free" by claiming non delivery (MC she held the door open while I shoved the big crate n barrel box in for her)

Are u guys sure about disputes & claims not chargeable? or u just lose your bonus for that month?

As the OP experienced, YMMV depending on who's covering your area. My current contractor gives me 3 Franklins a month bonus for having no complaints or accident s... My previous cheapskate contractor had no such motivation. No paid vacation also helped my choice to find a better employer who values good workers.
They make the decision easy. If I 07 a package I get no revenue for that stop. Do that 3 times that's a good 10 minutes of work and maybe a mile of driving for $0. Maybe it will be redirected to kinkos and I'll get my pennies for a package, maybe the customer will come get it and I'll get $0. Or I can driver release it on the first attempt and make money. It's a no brainer.

Oldfart

The theme that runs through all your posts is that since you've had it pretty good then everyone else should be happy too. And if we aren't happy we're just miserable people who aren't happy with anything. Never mind that we've had to settle for much less pay and a much smaller pension. If we don't like it, too bad, like it or leave. Never mind that many mgrs in many places lied to us repeatedly over the years about how the company was working on improving midrange pay. You don't know what went on in other places? Most people don't. I for one have worked in enough places to know the company was telling mgrs to lie to us. Anything to keep us at it. And now with the new pay plan people that have worked 10+ years still have to work many more years to get to better pay. That's ok with you because you've got yours and that should make us all happy. And if we aren't dancing jigs because you're happy then we're just miserable ingrates. And I thought Dano was dense.
My theme is as follows. IF you hate it here. IF you are mistreated. IF you have been lied to. IF you have skills that other companies want. WHY do you continue working here.

vantexan

Lack of marketable skills.
Which applies not only to most FedEx couriers but to most people who work dead end jobs. I should've finished college but I didn't. I liked the work and a long time ago felt I had a decent future here. Even when they started screwing with the pay I still felt it was worth hanging in for the pension. And eventually had to just live with what I was getting. But that doesn't mean I have no right to be critical. They lied to us about the pay. They lied to us about the pension. And everyone considering working for them who's reading this should be aware that based on the company's track record they aren't trustworthy. They can decide if the risk is worth the potential reward.

bacha29

Van: 'oldfart" is just " a good ol' boy down ' Bama way". Down there they worship 4 specific types of people, gun nuts, moonshiners, bible thumpers and rich white guys. You'll never change them. I do enjoy how they are the most vocal critics of any social program bill that comes up in congress but when one does manage to get through they are always the first people standing in line to sign up for it. What "old fart" considers a good pension others may laugh at it. He chooses to continue to live back in the day when X was a fast growing, reputable and highly admired company primarily due to the fact that what they were doing was new innovative and exciting. That's not the case anymore. The so called 'people" component went away a long time ago. Today it is a company driven by the bottom line and the bottom line only . Today employees below management level mean nothing and contractors over at ground are not " retired", they're disposed of. Most importantly his posts always contain three key words, " I don't know".

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I had a walmart LED Tv, which is notorious for not imposing iSR or DSR on some of their high value items.

I DEX it 007 because it was on Main St, with no safe DR spot. I slapped a doortag on the 1st attempt on Tuesday. Wed was a holiday, no skool. Kids roaming about while i took the signed doortag and left the TV in plain sight (no chairs or tcans on the porch to try to hide it)

heck i would have taken the welcome mat and placed it on top but that would be ridiculous... customer signed the doortag to relieve me of any claims if the tv grew legs and walked over to a neighbor's home or hitch~hike into a passing car

Purplepackage

But this driver or the contractor did't even reply. The streets are numbered, with east and west, with the same house number on multiple houses. I live on east 23rd st, and there is a house on east 21st, and another on west 23rd with the same house number. And my house is over 150 feet from the road. My front porch is visible from the street, so technically the package should not have been left in plain sight.

I always at least replied to loss prevention when I was a contractor, and had to dispute being charged for a missing package once. Did they quit charging contractors for missing packages if they left packages without following the DR rules?

Saying technically it shouldn't have been left in plain sight is purely up to your opinion.

If a package is releasable, which frankly 95% of packages are now, you simply release them.

At express I had a manager tell me I don't care if the door opens to the sidewalk, you release that package if it doesn't require a signature.

Claims mean nothing to eithe opco anymore, and frankly you could misdeliver 10 packages in 1 week and nothing would happen to the driver

dmac1

They don't charge for claims anymore. As long as you follow driver release standards I don't see how they can make it an issue. My contract says I can leave residential packages following certain criteria. After that I don't really care what happens to the box. There could be a guy standing on the street saying he was going to take the box as soon as I left and I wouldn't even pause on my way back to the truck.

They must have changed DR standards for HD. The list used to include not being able to see from the street. Maybe where ever it was really left, it was okay to DR it.

My main issue is that I was there, not 10 feet from the door, working at my desk, and would have seen the driver, not to even mention that the dogs at both neighbors houses on either side, go nuts when anyone is walking in the shared driveway. You need to walk past two houses to get to my porch.

The driver didn't respond because he knew he misdelivered it. And now the replacement package is being delivered by HD, likely even the same driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey Dave. How old are you? I'm assuming that if you left UPS, employers would be flooding you with offers to come work for them due to your advanced skill set.

I would be in the same boat. I am 55 and have not been in a college classroom since 1989.

The difference is I don't hate my job nearly as much as you do.