Fedex Quality Service

bacha29

Not a chance. OT has been that way since the 70's where I am. PART TIMERS? Lol. Many of the ones we have are afraid of work. I have 2 part time routes that give away parts of their routes to couriers in our loop because they want off by noon. My neighbor and I finish our stops and then go del the part timers stops to finish off our 10.5 to 11 hour days.
Part timers who need to be done by noon so they can go to their two other jobs. To your complete surprise they are not the lazy dregs you make them out to be.

Oldfart

The Express defined benefit plan and defined contribution plan together can't sustain a person in retirement. Most have other income sources mostly in the form of a working spouse with a good plan. Either that they are like you a greedy overtime hog.
Its all in the 401k and Roth. Not many jobs will allow you to make 80% or more of your working income when you retire just from a pension. Pay off your house. Put 15 to 20% in those 2 retirement plans and live the good life when you call it quits. OT hog? Heck, we have many people that will bust 60 on a regular basis and a few more on Saturday. My hours are middle of the road compared to others.

Oldfart

Part timers who need to be done by noon so they can go to their two other jobs. To your complete surprise they are not the lazy dregs you make them out to be.
Not ours. These 2 are on the golf course or at the paintball park pretty much every day.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Didnt answer your question because I was on a plane coming home from the Cowboys/Packers game. Like I said earlier. This is a job, it doesnt define my life. People like you let it drive you crazy because you are so filled with hatred and mistrust. It is a job that I swipe my badge at about 0530 and again at 1730. I dont take it home and I dont think about it till the next morning. I do find it funny reading about the whiners on here crying about how their life being miserable because they hate their job.

I don't know what you consider a small station. I posted earlier that we have 60 or 70 am routes. 4 or 5 bob truck routes. I might be wrong on the numbers, I don't take the time to walk the building counting people. I don't even know many of their names and I have been there since the 70's. Lots of new people due to a rash of retirements lately. Seems like the vacation bidding involved over 90 people. I am sure that is bigger than some, smaller than others.

I have worked for so many seniors, good and bad. I don't let it bother me. I would imagine I have put at least 30 to 40 different managers # on my time card. Some good, some bad. Once again, can't let a bad manager ruin your life. I would never let a manager or a senior make me quit. Never considered it. You are the one complaining about how you hate your job. It might be time for you to consider a career change. Just practice this phrase to prepare for what you are most qualified to do. "Would you like to make your meal a combo'?
LOL. You're funny. Show me anywhere on here that I said I hate my job. I have a great job. I drive around in the country all day and get paid for it. My manager I have now is a real sweetie. He's old school FedEx and leaves me alone to do the job I've done for many years.

Beauty of being a courier is when I punch out, my day is done. Worry about FedEx?? Lol. Not even.

Bad managers, yes, I've had a few that I straightened out. Fortunately, I've mostly had good ones. I've only had two SM's I've come close to losing my job over. One I transferred away from (already planned) and the other I called HR (and won) over. I'm not backing down to ANYONE. I don't care who they are. Wrong is wrong, and I'm going to let them know it.

All that aside, I hate what this company has become and how they fail not only their employees but their customers on a daily basis all for the almighty dollar.

Obviously, you aren't bright enough to be aware, much less even care what is going on around you. You prove that with almost every post. Sad that the well being of your coworkers means so little to you. I've worked with people like you before. I stay away from your kind too. Good luck in your retirement. I'll be following you eventually.

Last edited:

dmac1

As an update to my original post- the replacement package was to be delivered today after the driver misdelivered/stole/lost the first. It had been on his truck a week ago, DNA'd the first time, then scanned as delivered the next day at 1:52 pm while I was just feet from my open front door.

Now today, it was on the truck at 7:30 a.m. and scanned as another DNA at 1:07 p.m. Scanning something as a DNA at 1 p.m. seems like the driver is just giving up on the day pretty early.

dmac1

I'd be bitching up the tree. There's no excuse for a DNA at 1PM, short of a major disaster.

It rained 1/4 inch Sunday night. The ground is still damp in shady places.

I have a feeling that this driver practices 'alternate day' delivery. The terminal is about 60 miles away. The nearby population is around 200k+ in a 15 diameter area, but the county is huge.

But even so, quitting at 1 p.m. is ridiculous.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yup, u probably have a lazy millenial for your area...

Here's an idea, see if u have a kinkos or radio shack nearby and just have it directed to those locations as HAL (hold at location) for customer pickup.

U should have told your seller to use UPS or USPS instead

dmac1

I'd be bitching up the tree. There's no excuse for a DNA at 1PM, short of a major disaster.
Took your advice- bitched up the tree. At 4:15, an unmarked small stepvan pulled up and the fedex driver dropped the box off, without knocking. I opened the door, hollered "Thanks" and got a scowl as he was walking back to his van.

Anytime I have a choice of services, as long as any extra charge is low, I pick UPS, or USPS.

That said, I have a second package as part of the same order from the same shipper be delivered again by HD tomorrow(maybe).

Oldfart

Took your advice- bitched up the tree. At 4:15, an unmarked small stepvan pulled up and the fedex driver dropped the box off, without knocking. I opened the door, hollered "Thanks" and got a scowl as he was walking back to his van.

Anytime I have a choice of services, as long as any extra charge is low, I pick UPS, or USPS.

That said, I have a second package as part of the same order from the same shipper be delivered again by HD tomorrow(maybe).
Every delivery service has issues. Some people will use FDX for years with no issues. Others have issues each and every time they use us. The same with UPS and USPS. No company is perfect and is very dependent of people doing the right thing. I have seen people switch from FDX to UPS and experience the same problems. It is like the shipping gods are against you. It isn't right and isn't an excuse, it is just the way it is sometimes.

dmac1

When customer service got no response from the driver, and paid for the lost package, it should have had some effect. I will see tomorrow if the other package is delivered. I now know that you need to ask to make a formal complaint when calling, as just calling and complaining does nothing. It looks like my formal complaint today got an immediate response from someone who cares about complaints. A complaint is considered to just be an inquiry unless you specifically tell them to make it a complaint.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When customer service got no response from the driver, and paid for the lost package, it should have had some effect. I will see tomorrow if the other package is delivered. I now know that you need to ask to make a formal complaint when calling, as just calling and complaining does nothing. It looks like my formal complaint today got an immediate response from someone who cares about complaints. A complaint is considered to just be an inquiry unless you specifically tell them to make it a complaint.

There are messages and then there are concerns, which used to be called complaints. Concerns must be addressed in a timely manner.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
But, u are team brownie... This is a ground or HD matter.

A complaint or dispute must be answered in a timely fashion or the contractor gets dinged with loss of bonus.

But, some other contractors said that's a thing of the past maybe in ISP land, but still in CSP state, so I think it's still a chargeable offense

I'm still pondering why that local HD driver is avoiding the OP s home. maybe he's flat salary and not by the stop... Does it take him a couple of min to get to your development from the more dense suburban areas?

It will be fine

Formal complaint will cost $300. If it's handled same day where the customer gets the package it won't be charged. It's pretty easy to make an attempt if it saves you $300.

Oldfart

What those two PT's do with their time off is not indicative of what PT's company wide do with their off time and to point to this isolated situation is doing a disservice to them.
You dweeb, I gave a specific example as to why I get 10.5 to 11 hrs a day. I run my rt, then finish the route for a part timer that plays golf or paintball everyday. Another FT person in my loop does the same for his playing partner. If you can't keep us with the discussion, go back and read the previous posts. I didn't bash any group of people. Just described the 2 PT people in my loop. Learn to read. What a waste of time dealing with someone who can't keep up.

Last edited: