FedEx SameDay ??

Dax723

Hello everybody I was wondering if any one can point me in the right direction or help me out .So recently I apply for a FedEx sameday city courier position (Got tired of Working at FXG)I did really well on my interviews and got and offer letter and start day but yesterday I receive an email Stating due to my Recent MVR I did not meet the criteria to be a courier.
I have a cell phone violation ticket that I receive while being on the job about three months ago, but I have no points on my license clean record.After going back and fourth with FedEx office HR apperantly is not run by them but by FedEx Services and only they have the final word.Does anybody know here if there's anything I can do or say before going to them.I have great PA reviews as well as references,I just don't understand why FedEx Sameday Cares if I have a cell phone ticket if my license has no points.I really want this job because of the benefits better pay and scheduled.Im just so bummed out if anybody here works is FedEx services I would really appreciate any advice thanks in advance.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I wasn't texting the freaking customer was calling me to go back and pick another package.

I don't remember the amount of the fine, but operators of commercial vehicles are absolutely banned from using cell phones while driving.

Consider yourself lucky.

Express Courier

A couple weekends ago I was driving on the freeway to go to lunch and noticed an Express truck passing me. I look over and it was the SDR manager speeding and on his cellphone. lmao

OP dunno what to tell you but that does suck for you. I try not to ever let a customer get my phone number.

Dax723

Lesson learn do go above and beyond for customer service not while its puts in jerpody your driving career.
I guess I was hoping for too much
For the record it was only a cargo van ans I was about to pull over when the cop spotted me.my contractor said technically I'm still with his company oh well will see
:brokenheart: Thanks anyways.

STFXG

Lesson learn do go above and beyond for customer service not while its puts in jerpody your driving career.
I guess I was hoping for too much
For the record it was only a cargo van ans I was about to pull over when the cop spotted me.my contractor said technically I'm still with his company oh well will see
:brokenheart: Thanks anyways.
That's good if he didn't fire you. Now you have a better chance of getting unemployment when he has to let you go because he won't have any work for you.

By The Book

I don't remember the amount of the fine, but operators of commercial vehicles are absolutely banned from using cell phones while driving.

Consider yourself lucky.
Absolutely banned?....that's a good one. I know it's a fineable offense, and a steep one at that but absolutely banned?

Last edited:

By The Book

@Dax723....I would say moving forward that whenever your cell phone rings to resist the urge and to pull over to a safe location to answer it. Personal or working, I always let it ring and will get to it later when it's safe to do so. I think your having to deal with the consequences of your actions and you'll be better for it. If it turns out that your contractor will take you back but with a pay cut I think that's a real chicken :censored2: move.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Your contractor will likely not be allowed to have you back if it is showing up on background.
But, but.......It's supposed to be the contractor's business.

Oh yeah, that's right, FedEx has you guys by the balls.

Fedwhatnow

Sweetheart why do you even want to work for FedEx sameday,those guys are just a bunch of Amazon drivers wearing FedEx uniforms lol good luck to you Hun.Lesson learn don't ever give your number to a customer do you think they care about the consequences.