FedEx SameDay ??

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You goof. That's the nature of many, many contracts. Again, if you dont understand contracts, the why do you comment? In fact, don't ever take out a mortgage. Now that's a stifling contract.
Sure there's lots of deals with the devil out there.

Ground just happens to be one the biggest ones.

Sparky

If I do ever give my number out I have a burner app on my phone that lets me change numbers whenever I want, I just give them one of those and change it after a few weeks

BootsOnTarmac

To the OP. Don't answer the phone when driving, hands free or not. Pretty simple. You can still be distracted when hands free, except the police only see you talking to yourself. You are driving a commercial vehicle, policy states no cell phone use when driving. You can still be distracted in your personal vehicle by passengers talking to you. Be safe and drive like a professional whether on the job or not. You may have to go back to Ground if you can with a pay cut. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and a continued paycheck.

bacha29

Hiring back a guy who left earlier with a a pay cut. I always wondered how some Ground contractors got away with paying less than minimum wage. Some contractors payed their guys on the basis of how much they knew and that's how they got away with paying less than minimum wage. Now they have more options.

RedAngel

Trust me when I say this you don't want to work here SameDay is something else,the good things we have is the benefits unlimited uniforms ,good management and weekends off.But a SameDay City Courier
Is considered a swing driver from hell,a very stressful job depending on your market LA,NY,IL etc...The reason why the cellphone violation was such a big deal is because that's an automatic 8 points in the FXS
Point scale, 12 points and your Driving status is revoke, so here's a better an example a speeding ticket is only 6 points,Atfault accident with no injury 5 points.So even thought is no a DMV point FedEx services has there on point system and that's why you got rejected because any little thing and you would have been gone.But trust me from my experiences with FXG drivers who jump over most of them can't Unlearn all the $h$&t they learn from being a ground driver,no to mention they have a hard time adapting to the Smith system So if it's any consolation you probably would have fail or struggle here. My advice just get out of FX.anyways good luck to you.

STFXG

FMCSA is a 10 point hit under BASIC. It's the highest violation. So while it's not hitting your driving record it hit FedEx.

Edit: since you weren't in a CMV it didn't hurt their score but they treat the violation the same as if you were.

MassWineGuy

Dax723: You are not going to get a job driving for FX. And that's a good thing. Using a cellphone while operating a vehicle (talking, glancing, etc.) can kill and has killed people.

fatboy33

Hiring back a guy who left earlier with a a pay cut. I always wondered how some Ground contractors got away with paying less than minimum wage. Some contractors payed their guys on the basis of how much they knew and that's how they got away with paying less than minimum wage. Now they have more options.
Just goes to show, cheating the system is rewarded. Tom Brady and his team, perfect example.