FedEx SameDay ??

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You wouldn't last a full P1 route out there.

Like UPS doesn't deliver envelopes too.

Have fun at work this week. Oh, and did you dump a bunch of stops on someone else you could have some happy time on this forum?
I'm sorry but there's not one fedex route anywhere that compares to the level of work ups gives its FT drivers.

I can't believe I'm saying this but you'd probably have a hard time doing Upstates route. Even if he sorts the truck stop for stop off the clock for you.

Every fedex truck I've ever seen looks like an 8 HR day request at ups.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I may have mentioned this earlier in this thread but the local Express guys have been directed to make some of their drop box pickups before the commit time posted on the box.

There is one stop where there are boxes from both UPS and Express. Our time is 1715 and theirs is 1730 which is 15 minutes later than it needs to be as the office building the boxes service closes at 1700. I was talking to the Express driver and he said that due to their earlier air cut off time (1830) that they have been told to make the pickups when they get there. He then scanned the box (1720) and was off to the next one.

vantexan

I'm sorry but there's not one fedex route anywhere that compares to the level of work ups gives its FT drivers.

I can't believe I'm saying this but you'd probably have a hard time doing Upstates route. Even if he sorts the truck stop for stop off the clock for you.

My toughest rt...met guy on rd who drove a 900 who transferred 2/3 to 3/4 of his truck to my 700 around 1015-1030 every morning. Usually at first stop about 1100-1130, did 75-95 total stops. Ended day at bulk pickup where I loaded 100-200 40 to 50lb boxes, 100-600 1lb boxes, and 2 days a week 30 to 40 international boxes going to Germany. Then we drove our trucks to meet shuttle 60 miles away, offloaded onto shuttle, did my paperwork, took lunch around 2015, drove back 60 miles, off around 2215. This in an area that was above 90 degrees most of the year, above 100 for 3-4 months with humidity. UPS guy used to shake his head and laugh. And I was making about $12.50hr.

whenIgetthere

I may have mentioned this earlier in this thread but the local Express guys have been directed to make some of their drop box pickups before the commit time posted on the box.

There is one stop where there are boxes from both UPS and Express. Our time is 1715 and theirs is 1730 which is 15 minutes later than it needs to be as the office building the boxes service closes at 1700. I was talking to the Express driver and he said that due to their earlier air cut off time (1830) that they have been told to make the pickups when they get there. He then scanned the box (1720) and was off to the next one.

We are allowed to do this if there is an early pull at the ramp. They're supposed to leave a note showing the pick up was made early.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I don't know Upstate's route, not that I couldn't learn it and do it. I will say that yes you guys have a heck of a workload, no doubt. But for Upstate to claim that all FedEx does is envelopes is just totally stupid. Make no mistake we earn our money too and cover more area. We don't have the density you guys do, perhaps that's why you don't see as many packages on a FedEx vehicle.

Cactus

So?

The ramp requested an early pull. They're just working as directed.

Either that or they were just trying to avoid you.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I don't know Upstate's route, not that I couldn't learn it and do it. I will say that yes you guys have a heck of a workload, no doubt. But for Upstate to claim that all FedEx does is envelopes is just totally stupid. Make no mistake we earn our money too and cover more area. We don't have the density you guys do, perhaps that's why you don't see as many packages on a FedEx vehicle.
On my route I have three express and two ground guys cover the whole delivery area I do by myself.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah we know, no one works as hard as you. You even told us so!

You're starting to sound like Upstate. Not a good thing.
Listen skippy, never said you guys don't work hard. I know you guys do.

But it isn't on our level and you know it. That's just a fact. Even the fedex guys on my area shake their heads in their AC at what they make us do.

And unlike upstate, I can be a sarcastic ass right back with it so feel free to start treating me the way you treat Dave and I'll gladly give it back to you.

Just stating an observation. Take it any way you want.

Cactus

Listen skippy, never said you guys don't work hard. I know you guys do.

But it isn't on our level and you know it. That's just a fact. Even the fedex guys on my area shake their heads in their AC at what they make us do.

And unlike upstate, I can be a sarcastic ass right back with it so feel free to start treating me the way you treat Dave and I'll gladly give it back to you.

Just stating an observation. Take it any way you want.
And that's fine. If you guys wanna make $35 an hour, then obviously you gotta' work that much harder for it. But understand that we've got a few here on this forum that think we just deliver envelopes or drive in circles all day and it's gotten annoying.

Speaking of A/C, I worked my first 20 years without it, so yeah I think I know what it's like. Personally I feel sorry for anyone who has to be out in the heat all without A/C, but take that up with your Teamsters union. Nothing I can do about it and nothing personal either.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
And that's fine. If you guys wanna make $35 an hour, then obviously you gotta' work that much harder for it. But understand that we've got a few here on this forum that think we just deliver envelopes or drive in circles all day and it's gotten annoying.

Speaking of A/C, I worked my first 20 years without it, so yeah I think I know what it's like. Personally I feel sorry for anyone who has to be out in the heat all without A/C, but take that up with your Teamsters union. Nothing I can do about it and nothing personal either.
I don't think you deliver envelopes all day.

Although you guys do have some advantages than us as we have some than you

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Why even listen to him. He is a blowhard know nothing who's only experience with FedEx is what he reads on here. All he is doing is pushing buttons to get a rise out of you. Mock him or ignore him don't let him get to you
Turd is right. Give it back to him. Make fun of the fact you have AC and he doesn't.

I only know about fedex what I see in my area and what I've read on here. You guys have issues just like we do.

Everyone in our business deserves respect because it's all hard work and wear and tear on us all

Purplepackage

Turd is right. Give it back to him. Make fun of the fact you have AC and he doesn't.

I only know about fedex what I see in my area and what I've read on here. You guys have issues just like we do.

Everyone in our business deserves respect because it's all hard work and wear and tear on us all

Regardless of the company you work for its :censored2: work that goes underappreciated by the people you deliver too, as soon as the customer thinks you did something wrong they are all over your ass saying its your fault (even if it later turns out to be their fault).

And as we compare dick sizes as to who has a harder route, ultimately we are all just trying to make it home at the end of the day. Off the road safe and sound

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are allowed to do this if there is an early pull at the ramp. They're supposed to leave a note showing the pick up was made early.

Lots of early pulls lately. They say runway work in Memphis, but maybe it's just really screwed up and they're trying to get back some time.

Lots of late planes.

MassWineGuy

I totally agree. Especially at peak, UPS drivers get their routes loaded to insane numbers.

But like others said, every driver regardless of which company they work for has a tough, sometimes thankless job.