FedEx Sues UPS Over ‘Most Reliable’ Claim

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
FedEx Sues UPS Over ‘Most Reliable’ Claim - Memphis Daily News

Memphis-based FedEx Corp. has gone to court in an attempt to get rival United Parcel Service Inc. to take down TV and print advertising touting UPS as “the most reliable” shipment carrier.

FedEx filed a complaint in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee Friday asking for a temporary restraining order against UPS. The legal flap concerns UPS’ promotion of a November 2008 Morgan Stanley Parcel Return Survey the Atlanta-based carrier refers to in TV and print ads.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
If UPS is the "most reliable", does that mean that I lose the "least best" moniker?

re⋅li⋅a⋅ble   [ri-lahy-uh-buh
thinsp.png
l]
–adjective that may be relied on; dependable in achievement, accuracy, honesty, etc.: reliable information.

Not as long as you can be depended upon, to be the "leastbest". :happy-very:

slantnosechevy

you should wear that least best moniker with pride. someone has to do the little things that makeup for the things the bonus babies don't do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Thats just what these big companies need to be doing in this economy-----wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars suing each other over crap that no one pays attention to anyway.:sad-little:

jimstud

Banned
screw fedex ups may treat us like crap but at least we get paid. freddy treats his people like ****** and don't pay. 15 years to make top rate have to take 3.5 to 4 hour lunches and not for nothing 80% of the fedex ground people i have met i wouldn't let del. a newspaper much less valuable cargo.

ups1990

This lawsuit woiuld be equal to the CFl suing the NFL, for claiming their league is superior. A triple A baseball league suing MLB, for the same reason. We can go on and on....

Alteredboy

Ben in the box's
Grasping at straws to deflect the current state of Fedex earnings. Profits down 75% = not so good for Freddy. More like Fredo. For the record, everything is the unions fault. Tired of this line of reasoning. Yeah, im in Mich.

ups1990

Both companies always blame the Union. How many times do we hear from UPS management, you guys are the highest paid in the industry. So we need more from you, meaning more production. Let's not forget, it was a signed contract by both parties. UPS agreed to our wages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think (hope) that the bean counters and corporate lawyers made sure their t's were crossed and i's were dotted before they started running these ads. If the data supports the claim than why not use this to our advantage?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I would think (hope) that the bean counters and corporate lawyers made sure their t's were crossed and i's were dotted before they started running these ads. If the data supports the claim than why not use this to our advantage?
The publicity that this lawsuit generates will be an AD campaign in itself.

disneyworld

Both companies always blame the Union. How many times do we hear from UPS management, you guys are the highest paid in the industry. So we need more from you, meaning more production. Let's not forget, it was a signed contract by both parties. UPS agreed to our wages.
And who do these people think makes UPS the most reliable? The employees!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Given today's economic climate I think FedEx could spend their money in better ways than squabbling over useless advertising terminology.

Channahon

It's not like UPS used the "absolutely, postively" slogan of FedEx.
Does make you wonder why FedEx would even bother with a lawsuit.

Looks to me like the Corporate Brand Manager and Attorneys missed the boat on this one, considering dated information was used. What's that all about??

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's not like UPS used the "absolutely, postively" slogan of FedEx.
Does make you wonder why FedEx would even bother with a lawsuit.

Looks to me like the Corporate Brand Manager and Attorneys missed the boat on this one, considering dated information was used. What's that all about??
Maybe "Sal", needs to have another talk, with Mr. Black.