fedex termination policy?

FUFred

As someone who has made "the great escape" and now in the writing biz (big congrats on that BTW), don't forget the differentiations of 'here' and 'hear'.

just consider this your OLCC for today (just in case you were missing those!)
I'm not in the writing business. I was making a joke about writing seeing it would be about fedex. Could you picture their faces if they thought I was. mahaha I wouldn't be able to write in order to save my life,
spelling too. Look at some of my posts, they are all messed up. Now I make my money these days by consulting and sales. No writing all face to face transitions.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I'm not in the writing business. I was making a joke about writing seeing it would be about fedex. Could you picture their faces if they thought I was. mahaha I wouldn't be able to write in order to save my life,
spelling too. Look at some of my posts, they are all messed up. Now I make my money these days by consulting and sales. No writing all face to face transitions.
haha! your writin' looks fine to me...How have things been post FedEx? Ive heard there actually is a life out there beyond this crap

FUFred

haha! your writin' looks fine to me...How have things been post FedEx? Ive heard there actually is a life out there beyond this crap
Its great. I had a real, no peak, Christmas. It was the first time in 9.5 years. I still have many close friends who work at express, so I'm always getting the inside story.

Route 66

Its great. I had a real, no peak, Christmas. It was the first time in 9.5 years. I still have many close friends who work at express, so I'm always getting the inside story.
Good to hear that. As I've said before, I know a lot of former FedExers, and not a single one - regardless of how their employment ended - has any regrets. They all seem happier today.

MAD_WIFE

MAD WIFE OF FEDEX EMPLOYEE HERE.... CAN ANYONE PLEASE...... point me in the direction of a COMPLETE written statement as to exactly what ALL is included in "Acceptable Conduct Policy 2-5"

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
MAD WIFE OF FEDEX EMPLOYEE HERE.... CAN ANYONE PLEASE...... point me in the direction of a COMPLETE written statement as to exactly what ALL is included in "Acceptable Conduct Policy 2-5"[/QUOTE
FedEx management won't be of any help. They'll just lie and try to make you jump thru hoops. The best advice I can give you is contact a lawyer who specializes in employment matters.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
MAD WIFE OF FEDEX EMPLOYEE HERE.... CAN ANYONE PLEASE...... point me in the direction of a COMPLETE written statement as to exactly what ALL is included in "Acceptable Conduct Policy 2-5"

Have your husband call one of his coworkers and ask them to go in the computer and print it out for him.

If he was fired for violating 2-5, he should have been given a copy of the policy as well as the policy on GFT.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Although the following list is not all-inclusive, the following specific violations may result in severe disciplinary action up to and including termination for employees or dismissal for vendors.

• Conviction of, or a plea of “no contest” to, a crime involving job-related conduct

• Falsification of Company documents or records including, but not limited to, business reports, delivery records and time cards (start time or break times)

Note: Falsification of any Company document or record is a serious offense that can result in the issuance of a Warning Letter. See the following section on Discharge Offense for types of falsification that normally result in termination.

• Job related fraudulent activities

• Failure to notify management of an overpayment upon discovery, or when the employee reasonably should have discovered the overpayment

• Repeated incidents of losing ID badges, possession of more than one ID badge, a copy of an ID badge used to secure access to FedEx facilities, or failure to report a missing or stolen ID badge

• Possession of more than one ID badge is a security violation that results in discipline up to and including termination for employees or dismissal for vendors

• Theft or unauthorized possession or control of Company or customer property or the property of other employees

• Failure to report an aircraft strike or ground damage

• Failure to report a vehicle accident or occurrence in accordance with 8-90 Vehicle Accidents/ Occurrences and 4-48 Driving Qualifications
    • Disruptive conduct while on duty or while on Company property

• Insubordination or refusal to follow instructions or perform assigned work in a timely manner without valid reason

• Using violent, threatening, intimidating, coercing, or abusive language; engaging in violent, threatening, intimidating, coercing, or abusive behavior; or displaying blatant or public disrespect toward or about any employee, customer, vendor, or member of the public while on duty, on Company property, at collection sites, or at off-site Company meetings and functions

• Openly making or publishing false, vicious, or malicious statements concerning the Company, any employee, or customer

• Unprofessional or rude conduct towards any customer while on duty, or in FedEx Express uniform

• Fighting while on duty, at Company functions or on Company property

• Damage, destruction, interruption of use, or defacement of Company property, facilities, information systems and applications, or equipment as a result of deliberate or negligent action

• Unauthorized use of Company facilities, assets, or systems, including but not limited to
      • – Personal use of COMAIL

• – Use of Company long distance telephone facilities for personal calls

• – Personal or other improper use of the corporate name, proprietary logo, or various trademarks
    • Misuse of the Internet or Intranet or other violations of the Information Security Standards

• Violation of corporate safety regulations including
      • – Failure to wear/use protective equipment/devices when provided and/or required (e.g., seatbelts, safety shoes, ear and eye protection)

• – Requiring or allowing subordinates to perform work activities in an unsafe manner or under unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions

• – Failure to ensure subordinates attend required safety training

• – Failure to have the driver-side sliding door or the bulkhead door closed when the vehicle is in motion

• – Failure to have the passenger-side sliding door closed when the vehicle is moving with a passenger on board. The only times the passenger side door may be open is when the vehicle is in motion with no passenger, and when the vehicle is not in motion and is actually being loaded or unloaded.
    • Violation of guidelines and policy for employee reduced-rate shipping, nonrevenue shipping, interline travel, or jumpseat privileges

• Wearing unauthorized badges, insignias, pins, or other devices while on duty or on Company property

• Solicitation or distribution in violation of 10-55 Solicitation and Distribution

• Leadership failure of a member of management

• Any other act obviously and significantly detrimental to the best interest of FedEx Express and/ or fellow employees as determined by management

>>>More to follow<<<

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Discharge Offenses

1. While any violation of the Acceptable Conduct policy could potentially result in termination of employment, an employee normally will be dismissed upon completion of an investigation confirming violations related to

1. • Falsification of the following Company documents and records:

• – Employment application or any other materials submitted in connection with an application for employment

• – Legally required flight safety documentation

• – Regulatory documents that could subject the Company to fines or other sanctions. A change to end times to avoid Hours-of-Service (HOS) violations is falsification of a regulatory document that normally warrants termination.

• – Any other Company documents or records if falsification was for personal gain or benefit, or to conceal an offense that normally would have warranted termination

• Termination also normally results if investigation confirms falsification of a Company document or record and the employee has received a Warning Letter for falsification in the previous five (5) years as stated in the Warning Letter/Recurrent Patterns guideline

• Unauthorized possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons on Company property, as specified in 8-10 Firearms/Weapons

• Drugs and alcohol as specified in 2-10 Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace

Note: EmployeeswhoaccesstheGFTPprocessuponterminationfordrugsoralcoholshould proceed directly to Step 2.

• Violation of the Confidentiality guideline for the survey questionnaire as specified in 5-70 Survey/Feedback/Action (SFA) Program

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Although the following list is not all-inclusive, the following specific violations may result in severe disciplinary action up to and including termination for employees or dismissal for vendors.

• Conviction of, or a plea of “no contest” to, a crime involving job-related conduct

• Falsification of Company documents or records including, but not limited to, business reports, delivery records and time cards (start time or break times)

Note: Falsification of any Company document or record is a serious offense that can result in the issuance of a Warning Letter. See the following section on Discharge Offense for types of falsification that normally result in termination.

• Job related fraudulent activities

• Failure to notify management of an overpayment upon discovery, or when the employee reasonably should have discovered the overpayment

• Repeated incidents of losing ID badges, possession of more than one ID badge, a copy of an ID badge used to secure access to FedEx facilities, or failure to report a missing or stolen ID badge

• Possession of more than one ID badge is a security violation that results in discipline up to and including termination for employees or dismissal for vendors

• Theft or unauthorized possession or control of Company or customer property or the property of other employees

• Failure to report an aircraft strike or ground damage

• Failure to report a vehicle accident or occurrence in accordance with 8-90 Vehicle Accidents/ Occurrences and 4-48 Driving Qualifications
    • Disruptive conduct while on duty or while on Company property

• Insubordination or refusal to follow instructions or perform assigned work in a timely manner without valid reason

• Using violent, threatening, intimidating, coercing, or abusive language; engaging in violent, threatening, intimidating, coercing, or abusive behavior; or displaying blatant or public disrespect toward or about any employee, customer, vendor, or member of the public while on duty, on Company property, at collection sites, or at off-site Company meetings and functions

• Openly making or publishing false, vicious, or malicious statements concerning the Company, any employee, or customer

• Unprofessional or rude conduct towards any customer while on duty, or in FedEx Express uniform

• Fighting while on duty, at Company functions or on Company property

• Damage, destruction, interruption of use, or defacement of Company property, facilities, information systems and applications, or equipment as a result of deliberate or negligent action

• Unauthorized use of Company facilities, assets, or systems, including but not limited to
      • – Personal use of COMAIL

• – Use of Company long distance telephone facilities for personal calls

• – Personal or other improper use of the corporate name, proprietary logo, or various trademarks
    • Misuse of the Internet or Intranet or other violations of the Information Security Standards

• Violation of corporate safety regulations including
      • – Failure to wear/use protective equipment/devices when provided and/or required (e.g., seatbelts, safety shoes, ear and eye protection)

• – Requiring or allowing subordinates to perform work activities in an unsafe manner or under unsafe and/or unhealthy conditions

• – Failure to ensure subordinates attend required safety training

• – Failure to have the driver-side sliding door or the bulkhead door closed when the vehicle is in motion

• – Failure to have the passenger-side sliding door closed when the vehicle is moving with a passenger on board. The only times the passenger side door may be open is when the vehicle is in motion with no passenger, and when the vehicle is not in motion and is actually being loaded or unloaded.
    • Violation of guidelines and policy for employee reduced-rate shipping, nonrevenue shipping, interline travel, or jumpseat privileges

• Wearing unauthorized badges, insignias, pins, or other devices while on duty or on Company property

• Solicitation or distribution in violation of 10-55 Solicitation and Distribution

• Leadership failure of a member of management

• Any other act obviously and significantly detrimental to the best interest of FedEx Express and/ or fellow employees as determined by management

>>>More to follow<<<

Translation: You can be fired for anything and everything.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Discharge Offenses

1. While any violation of the Acceptable Conduct policy could potentially result in termination of employment, an employee normally will be dismissed upon completion of an investigation confirming violations related to

1. • Falsification of the following Company documents and records:

• – Employment application or any other materials submitted in connection with an application for employment

• – Legally required flight safety documentation

• – Regulatory documents that could subject the Company to fines or other sanctions. A change to end times to avoid Hours-of-Service (HOS) violations is falsification of a regulatory document that normally warrants termination.

• – Any other Company documents or records if falsification was for personal gain or benefit, or to conceal an offense that normally would have warranted termination

• Termination also normally results if investigation confirms falsification of a Company document or record and the employee has received a Warning Letter for falsification in the previous five (5) years as stated in the Warning Letter/Recurrent Patterns guideline
    • Unauthorized possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons on Company property, as specified in 8-10 Firearms/Weapons
    • Drugs and alcohol as specified in 2-10 Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace

Note: EmployeeswhoaccesstheGFTPprocessuponterminationfordrugsoralcoholshould proceed directly to Step 2.
    • Violation of the Confidentiality guideline for the survey questionnaire as specified in 5-70 Survey/Feedback/Action (SFA) Program

Translation: Anything is a terminable offense...continued.

fatboy33

I am aware of an employee who was just terminated under circumstances that are truly shocking. If what the employee is saying is true, he probably has a case that could be worth an enormous amount of money. I don't want to tip FedEx, so I won't go into particulars, but suffice it to say that this could make the news as a story of corporate cruelty and gross mis-application of policy.

I think most of us here have seen FedEx in-action when they want someone gone, and then equal application of policy goes out the window. They use it (especially 2-5) however they wish, which flies directly in the face of how policy is supposed to work. If your head is firmly up management's ass, kissing as hard as you can, some way will be found for you to evade application of the rules. But, if you question authority and application of policy, they will herd you at the door as quickly as possible. Sorry, but that's not the way it works, and this is why FedEx ends up in court as often as they do.
Sometimes they want a courier gone so bad, they may let unprocessed DG get loaded onto a plane only because this courier forgot to unload it from his truck. Who cares if a handler catches the mistake. His manager says its ok, put it on the belt. Anonymous call to the ramp and that plane has to make an "emergency landing" and just like that, the courier is fired. Putting pilots lives at risk just to get a courier fired? I've seen the courier after his firing. He seems to have lots of money these days but wouldn't comment on these rumors we heard about his ordeal.

fatboy33

I never thought I'd feel the need to thank Dano for anything he'd ever post but I'm glad he did. Did anyone know an employee could be fired for having two ID's? I still have my first one...I think...maybe...probably not...

Route 66

No, I do not have 2 or 3 old I.D. badges kicking around in a drawer somewhere. I think that may actually be a felony - or at the very least, a very naughty thing. :sad: