FedEx Tuition Reimbursement

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Anyone used tuition reimbursement as a courier to go to CDL school?

Are you talking about to become an RTD? I know someone who did that. Seemed like a waste of money though when you can get FedEx to foot the whole bill. Or are you talking about getting your CDL, then quitting FedEx?

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
...which is the intent of the program...using it to get your CDL even though the company pays for that training seems redundant...

It would depend on why he wants his CDL. FedEx threatens us that if you become an RTD, and they pay for training, you have to stay in position for two years or reimburse them for the training. I've yet to see anyone have to pay though. Either this guy doesn't want to take that chance or he just wants it to get a job elsewhere.

Yozh69

It would depend on why he wants his CDL. FedEx threatens us that if you become an RTD, and they pay for training, you have to stay in position for two years or reimburse them for the training. I've yet to see anyone have to pay though. Either this guy doesn't want to take that chance or he just wants it to get a job elsewhere.
Exactly. I'd just like to keep my options open. If that means running RTD or something else locally then that would be great. Especially 2d or 3d shift. I know a swings RTD and the scheduling suits him just fine. I also know a FedEx Freight driver and he loves it. Interestingly the FedEx Freight positions advertised seem to say that you can latch-on there with just a CDL-permit. Is the same true for RTD?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Exactly. I'd just like to keep my options open. If that means running RTD or something else locally then that would be great. Especially 2d or 3d shift. I know a swings RTD and the scheduling suits him just fine. I also know a FedEx Freight driver and he loves it. Interestingly the FedEx Freight positions advertised seem to say that you can latch-on there with just a CDL-permit. Is the same true for RTD?

You have to have a CDL to be an Express RTD. They will send you to class for that. You DO have to have a temporary CDL though.