FedEx under investigation

Madtrucking

Hi All –

I just read about an investigation into FedEx and how it is misclassifying its drivers. Apparently it has been intentionally misclassifying independent contractors on purpose to boost company profits and reduce operating costs.

There have been over 40 cases already filed in courts nationwide and now is a good time for any FedEx driver to speak up regarding your experience.

If you are interested in joining the investigation visit FedEx Drivers Misclassified Lawsuit .

Channahon

The majority of peope on this board are with UPS, not quite sure how we can help with the investigation. Can you provide some insight?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Hi All –

I just read about an investigation into FedEx and how it is misclassifying its drivers. Apparently it has been intentionally misclassifying independent contractors on purpose to boost company profits and reduce operating costs.

There have been over 40 cases already filed in courts nationwide and now is a good time for any FedEx driver to speak up regarding your experience.

If you are interested in joining the investigation visit FedEx Drivers Misclassified Lawsuit .

Dude...this is old news. We've known about this for a looong time. -Rocky

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Maybe--Monte from FedEx can give us an update--he is quick to get on when FedEx stock prices are up--or when they have a good quarter!!

There has been a class action law suit on going and I know that FedEx doesn't want to rock their boat---but we should do everything in our power to make sure that our customers know that there is some "Uneasyness" in the FedEx camp and tell them where to goto get updated information.What they are doing in unethical and skirting alot of Social Security/benefits/Workman's Comp laws------I know that it is a matter of time before it catches up to them---and when it does, I hope it has to pay RETRO to all of their employees who are not classifed correctly as Independant Contractors!!

P

ppppppppppp

Maybe--Monte from FedEx can give us an update--he is quick to get on when FedEx stock prices are up--or when they have a good quarter!!

There has been a class action law suit on going and I know that FedEx doesn't want to rock their boat---but we should do everything in our power to make sure that our customers know that there is some "Uneasyness" in the FedEx camp and tell them where to goto get updated information.What they are doing in unethical and skirting alot of Social Security/benefits/Workman's Comp laws------I know that it is a matter of time before it catches up to them---and when it does, I hope it has to pay RETRO to all of their employees who are not classifed correctly as Independant Contractors!!

You're grasping at straws that aren't there to help you.

Majority of rulings have been that multi-route are contractors. Fact.

Single routes have (not!!) been renewed and have been re-bid as multi route.

The court showed FedEX how to classify. That's what they've been doing.

What have YOU been doing?

A lot of that is courtesy of ex-UPSers now working for your competitors.

Can you see the writing on the wall yet?

It's ok - you will. Just watch.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You're grasping at straws that aren't there to help you.

Majority of rulings have been that multi-route are contractors. Fact.

Single routes have (not!!) been renewed and have been re-bid as multi route.

The court showed FedEX how to classify. That's what they've been doing.

What have YOU been doing?

A lot of that is courtesy of ex-UPSers now working for your competitors.

Can you see the writing on the wall yet?

It's ok - you will. Just watch.

You're an idiot. I was aggressively pursued for an inside position by FedEx Ground. I did my research and declined. Guess where I am now? That's right...back at UPS. -Rocky