Votes: 17 85.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • a combination of both

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

PTCT*ASWING

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU-LEMONS YOU GOT LEMONS
why hasnt fedex been unionized yet? what would it take for that to happen? what do you guys think of the idea? would you guys be for it?

PTCT*ASWING

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU-LEMONS YOU GOT LEMONS

hahaha lol im sorry man i didnt mean too i swear. but in all seriousness i cant believe i work with bunch of *kitty cats* that they havent gotten together and done something about this. every morning i feel like a naked offensive lineman .... and every year around SFA time i get a nice slow bj from management and speech about how great it is to be union free... my anus doesnt think so anymore.

bacha29

why hasnt fedex been unionized yet? what would it take for that to happen? what do you guys think of the idea? would you guys be for it?
It would first require federal legislation. With a sizable pro big business majority in both Houses of Congress the odds of that happening are zero. The Washington elite are being replaced with the Wall Street elite and they will stop any pro labor legislation from reaching the President's desk.

It will be fine

It would first require federal legislation. With a sizable pro big business majority in both Houses of Congress the odds of that happening are zero. The Washington elite are being replaced with the Wall Street elite and they will stop any pro labor legislation from reaching the President's desk.
At this point it's past just legislation. The RLA doesn't cover Freight and when given the opportunity to vote in the teamsters most stations that scheduled a vote turned them down. It would take a cultural shift for the average worker to even want union representation.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
hahaha lol im sorry man i didnt mean too i swear. but in all seriousness i cant believe i work with bunch of *kitty cats* that they havent gotten together and done something about this. every morning i feel like a naked offensive lineman .... and every year around SFA time i get a nice slow bj from management and speech about how great it is to be union free... my anus doesnt think so anymore.
You need to do your homework to find out WHY we can't unionize.

bacha29

At this point it's past just legislation. The RLA doesn't cover Freight and when given the opportunity to vote in the teamsters most stations that scheduled a vote turned them down. It would take a cultural shift for the average worker to even want union representation.
It's not that the average worker doesn't want but to rather a case where they're not prepared for the personal risks involved in standing up for themselves. Verizon workers prepared their own personal finances well in advance but although it hurt in the near term they stuck together and will recoup the losses going forward. Freight and Express workers for the most part are in no economic position to launch an attempt at forming a union. Most are living from paycheck to paycheck and wouldn't dare take on the multi month struggle that could drag on for years. That is unfortunate because there's no question that the next generation will not have it anywhere near as good as their predecessors.

Indecisi0n

Did you say anus?