Fedex ups crossover thread

DS

Fenderbender
Station to station hub to hub,things differ dramatically depending on where you are .
From reading these threads it seems to me like nobodies happy there at express.
The fedex ground guy in my area loves his job.He used to be be a ups driver.
I punched out at 7pm throughout peak and loved it.

overflowed

Station to station hub to hub,things differ dramatically depending on where you are .

I don't like u already. 7pm go moderate or something. You gots the time.

vantexan

I love that I'm near retirement. Looking forward to the day I can just look back, shake my head, and be thankful I don't have to do that anymore.

vantexan

I hear ya Van, tired and worn out....This has been one peak not to remember....

We were supposed to work Saturday but at the last minute it was decided to only let the 5X8's work it. They didn't convert us 4X10's to 5X8's at this location so they didn't want to pay doubletime. We were "encouraged" to work Sunday, and most of us 4X10's did. The hoops we jump through for this company...

HomeDelivery

HD side in my terminal was well organized... didn't have to work Xmas eve

most drivers were going out with over 250 stops each daily when their normal loads were only about 1/2 that during the rest of the year. no-snow conditions played a big factor like last peak...

temps pick up the crappy areas/bulk stops/ rural sections that take 10-20 minutes between stops...

last peak day was Saturday; I clocked out at 22:00 & six others were still out there finishing their deliveries so we would have Xmas eve off.

--------------------------------------------------------
I felt sorry for Express as I saw a few of them on the road on Monday...

as far as the temp drivers go, i've seen ~1/2 of them that are pretty good, while the other half can just be package runners & shouldn't be behind the wheel...

If express needs help, they should ask some of those good temp drivers to help you guys out during the rest of 2012, me included. didn't they make the barcodes the same now so we can scan & deliver them?

StuffItFred

HD side in my terminal was well organized... didn't have to work Xmas eve

most drivers were going out with over 250 stops each daily when their normal loads were only about 1/2 that during the rest of the year. no-snow conditions played a big factor like last peak...

temps pick up the crappy areas/bulk stops/ rural sections that take 10-20 minutes between stops...

last peak day was Saturday; I clocked out at 22:00 & six others were still out there finishing their deliveries so we would have Xmas eve off.

--------------------------------------------------------
I felt sorry for Express as I saw a few of them on the road on Monday...

as far as the temp drivers go, i've seen ~1/2 of them that are pretty good, while the other half can just be package runners & shouldn't be behind the wheel...

If express needs help, they should ask some of those good temp drivers to help you guys out during the rest of 2012, me included. didn't they make the barcodes the same now so we can scan & deliver them?

The Ground terminal in my area closed at 1pm. All drivers were off the road by noon.

Glad you guys had an uneventful peak. I got in around 4:30 yesterday so it wasn't too bad yesterday at my station.

Not sure about the barcodes being the same now.

I would welcome help during peak from ANY ground/HD driver or temp helper. Express would never allow it sadly.

code 019 at ur moms

i worked as a ramp agent contractor for ups airlines for two peaks, it was bs. my fedex job is probably more stressful but at least I'm paid somewhat fairly and get things like benefits, and I don't have to stand on top of a k-loader for five hours in a raging sleet storm. plus I don't have to deal with the hypocritical teamsters union which would demand that us contractors give up hours to them on demand, even though the ramp agents and the sort people were basically doing the same job and working for the same bosses and should have been getting the same deal. unions are great, btw. just not when they're out for themselves like the businesses they organize against are.