Fedex UPSers...what do you do for lunch??

scisector9

Depends on the season. I usually pack a lunch. Cold sandwich, granola bars, and fruit. In the winter I am more likely to hit up a quick restaurant or gas station and get out of the elements. In the summer I eat a lot lighter maybe just fruit or fresh veggies.

Sent using BrownCafe App

lovey

From the UPS wife perspective this is a really interesting thread. I make the hubs his lunch every day and it gets challenging at times. We have experimented with wraps and every kind of sandwich imaginable. Pasta salads with chicken are always a hit. Chicken salad (or even tuna or egg) in a pita makes for a nice change of pace.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Photo4595.jpg
Us PTers working 15 hr days can't afford cold steak....lol ;) plus what's a lunch break? I pack things i can shove in my mouth while working! (yes i know...lol)

Future

Victory Ride
After a few decades of eatting ham sandwiches.....I couldn't take it anymore. I do not have alot of good places to eat,so I pack my lunch. Any leftovers in the fridge is fair game,for my lunchbox! So, what do the rest of yo'all do for lunch??
Me and the boys in my loop all meet at a coffee shop everyday....meet up with local police officers and shoot the breeze........some really good conversation between the 2 groups.

JL 0513

It is certainly a challenge to keep it interesting everyday when you're limited to cold options. I mostly rotate deli meat sandwiches - ham, turkey, roast beef, bologna,...Not sure how that will go over for the next 25+ years. Once a week I try to buy something hot on route.

Me and the boys in my loop all meet at a coffee shop everyday....meet up with local police officers and shoot the breeze........some really good conversation between the 2 groups.

Looks like you're not on ORION yet. Once you are, you can forget about such meets. You're pretty much stuck with whatever is on trace once Orion begins. Orion doesn't even want you to complete a street you're delivering on in order to save 2/10th's of a mile, never mind going out of the way for lunch. Of course some guys will say "screw it!" But then you have to deal with the supervisor talks.

It is certainly a challenge to keep it interesting everyday when you're limited to cold options. I mostly rotate deli meat sandwiches - ham, turkey, roast beef, bologna,...Not sure how that will go over for the next 25+ years. Once a week I try to buy something hot on route.

Looks like you're not on ORION yet. Once you are, you can forget about such meets. You're pretty much stuck with whatever is on trace once Orion begins. Orion doesn't even want you to complete a street you're delivering on in order to save 2/10th's of a mile, never mind going out of the way for lunch. Of course some guys will say "screw it!" But then you have to deal with the supervisor talks.
You wouldnt believe,what u can heat on your defroster!