Fedex wont let me remove signature that I paid for. HELP!

whenIgetthere

Controlled release is an option, need to speak to the station for that. Pretty sure the call center would be clueless on this. CSA gives controlled release number to courier, and courier follows the controlled release prompts on the power pad.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The buyer sent me an email saying that he missed the past 2 days for delivery because he had to work. I included a signature with the package.

He is requesting that I remove the signature since he wont be home again between the hours of 9am-8pm.

I called fedex headquarters and they said since I paid with a credit card, I can't remove the signature.

I'm so frustrated right now. The package is in a big box. it weighs 125lbs and I ended up spending $180 to ship it. Is there anyway I can remove the signature? They are sending it back out tomorrow and that will be the last time. Then they will send it back to my house and I will be out $180 all because they wont remove the signature.

I called 1.800.463.3339 and they are the ones that told me there was nothing I could do.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439779653.197180.jpg

SmithBarney

Hey it's not your problem the receiver isn't home to sign, he/she should be responsible for the shipping cost regardless.
Send your receiver this link.
http://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/
Don’t miss another delivery. Sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager.

Be part of the plan — customize delivery times and addresses, hold your delivery at a FedEx location, sign for your delivery in advance, provide specific delivery instructions or request a vacation hold.

SmithBarney

Controlled release is an option, need to speak to the station for that. Pretty sure the call center would be clueless on this. CSA gives controlled release number to courier, and courier follows the controlled release prompts on the power pad.

Problem is he paid over the counter with a CC, short of driving to that location with his receipt there is little he can do, even then it's a long shot

bob111111

I told the buyer to write a letter and leave it on the door with the tracking number and his signature stating to leave the package at the door step.

We will see tomorrow.

bbsam

Staff member
I told the buyer to write a letter and leave it on the door with the tracking number and his signature stating to leave the package at the door step.

We will see tomorrow.
Probably ok if it's "indirect signature". "DSR" or "Direct Signature Required" driver is putting his job in jeopardy and should not accept that as a signature.

dezguy

$180 for a 125lbs pgk?!?! What the hell kind of discount are you getting?! I can't even ship a pkg that size for that price with my 75% discount!

bbsam

Staff member
Don't be so vein. Your company. I don't know you and we weren't talking on a personal level. I look at my performance sheets for the both of you, the biggest difference is colors.
Catch that everybody? Color. Not price.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't be so vein. Your company. I don't know you and we weren't talking on a personal level. I look at my performance sheets for the both of you, the biggest difference is colors.

I can't speak for your company, but here at UPS everyone works just as hard, regardless of their color.