FedEx workplace intimidation

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Caught on camera here: Fedex Express Workplace Intimidation - YouTube

You might wanna adjust the volume up the first 1:17 then turn it down.

I like the part where the black guy says "Lincoln abolished slavery'. LOL. Fred has re-instated it. YOU DON'T NEED ANY WATER IN 95 DEGREE HEAT!! I have hours of video like this. It gets posted when I leave...forklifts running over packages, employees throwing packages, theft, managers swearing at employees, threats, unsafe vehicle conditions, etc. Like the man says...he has proof. I think a lot of us do. Keep those videos.

DontThrowPackages

Florida's a big state but the country is even bigger. Imagine how many stories even worse than his out there. And do expect the company to pass a new policy of all cell phones and other recording devises will no longer be permitted on company property LOL.

GoodGrief

Welcome to the reality of FedEx.

Look, I told you what I do. I am not out there on the front lines and believe me, I don't like to see this going on anywhere, especially FedEx. I came in here, asked a question and got attacked because I like my job and have had a good experience at FedEx. I went on the defensive and now I am the enemy. Well, I am not, I am not a company shill or a plant. I am just an employee who was worried about her job after the buyout announcement, so I wend digging on the net and came across this place. That's all. Now make fun of my spelling all you want, sometimes my fingers are faster that my brain and I don't go back and proof read what I wrote, sorry.

GoodGrief

What a cry baby Dbag. I think he has an ax to grind and when he cleans up his language and coordinates his brain cells, maybe he can contact the proper authorities.

True, he would sound a lot more credible without all the FUs and SOBs. But can't argue with the video. Does this go on everywhere?

vantexan

True, he would sound a lot more credible without all the FUs and SOBs. But can't argue with the video. Does this go on everywhere?

Most mgrs don't act like that. They are more likely to stab you in the back or use subtle intimidation. Make you feel you might lose your job if you don't drop everything and come in on your day off, that sort of thing. It was worse when we got reviews and mgrs had power over our raises.

vantexan

Look, I told you what I do. I am not out there on the front lines and believe me, I don't like to see this going on anywhere, especially FedEx. I came in here, asked a question and got attacked because I like my job and have had a good experience at FedEx. I went on the defensive and now I am the enemy. Well, I am not, I am not a company shill or a plant. I am just an employee who was worried about her job after the buyout announcement, so I wend digging on the net and came across this place. That's all. Now make fun of my spelling all you want, sometimes my fingers are faster that my brain and I don't go back and proof read what I wrote, sorry.

You can participate all you want. Just know if you come on here and curse at people or question their bravery or whatever you'll get it right back. I have opinions that don't jibe with some here, whether about politics or the direction the company is going, and have been attacked for it. I'm still here. Working for FedEx makes your skin thicken because, at least in stations, people are pressured to perform and they often take it out on each other. Between that, management, and customers a FedEx courier has to put up with a lot. A major reason why we should be paid better and why the company is setting themselves up to fail thinking they can dumb this job down and plug in anyone to do it. Ground drivers have handlers set up their truck for them. Couriers have to run a sort and to me it's the worst part of the day.

I apologize for suggesting you got your job by doing certain things, but that night you cursed MFE and you were writing so badly it was like a drunk slurring his words. You aren't going to get much sympathy here defending the company either because most of us know from many years of experience just how vicious and underhanded many in management can be. And we've watched our good job be turned into something much less and most of us aren't in a position to walk away, especially in this bad economy. Glad it's working out for you, if I made 3 times what a courier made I'd be happier about it all too. I hope much of that extra income goes into the bank because you never know with FedEx.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I'm with Sam on this one. He does come off as a "cry baby Dbag", and the muscle shirt (lol), Raiders tattoo and backwards ball cap are not doing him any favors either. At least he was smart enough to place the video before his profanity laced commentary. If he expects to be taken seriously, he should add a skosh of tact and professionalism.

Is the message he is attempting to convey wrong? No.

Is he going about it the wrong way? Absolutely.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

All I said was "welcome to the reality of FedEx". Even though this guy comes-off as inarticulate, what he says is right on the money. Pretty hard to refute the video.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can argue with the video because nothing can be confirmed.

When I was an RTD, I watched a guy pee himself because management wouldn't let him off the PM reload to relieve himself. There was bad weather, a Postive Pull, and a lot of late couriers coming-in with freight. I told him to go around the corner and pee behind the CTV, but this guy was under the watchful eye of his manager to make sure he didn't leave for one second. Next thing I know, this guy has a large dark stain spreading around the from of his pants. Nobody said a thing, because they didn't want to embarass him further.

Rarely, is there any water anywhere near where trailer/can loading is taking place, and it's by design. Stopping work to have some water takes away from productivity, so the water cooler or fountain is off in the break room or somewhere else, NOT where it actually needs to be. Oh, and when it's 95 outside, it's more like 120 degrees in the cans or the trailer, just in case you didn't know.

Why treat someone like a human being when you don't have to?

DontThrowPackages

When I was an RTD, I watched a guy pee himself because management wouldn't let him off the PM reload to relieve himself. There was bad weather, a Postive Pull, and a lot of late couriers coming-in with freight. I told him to go around the corner and pee behind the CTV, but this guy was under the watchful eye of his manager to make sure he didn't leave for one second. Next thing I know, this guy has a large dark stain spreading around the from of his pants. Nobody said a thing, because they didn't want to embarass him further.

Rarely, is there any water anywhere near where trailer/can loading is taking place, and it's by design. Stopping work to have some water takes away from productivity, so the water cooler or fountain is off in the break room or somewhere else, NOT where it actually needs to be. Oh, and when it's 95 outside, it's more like 120 degrees in the cans or the trailer, just in case you didn't know.

Why treat someone like a human being when you don't have to?
Some companies are only as considerate as the law requires.