FEDUPS app

Returntosender

Someone is selling an app for something you could already do for free.

View attachment 66344
According to the developer personal experience getting a refund the customer has to go through a very arduous journey to get back 79.99 shopping costs. Supposedly they make it difficult so the customer gives up. So the guy created the app charges 4.99 and the app does all headache work for customer.

IMO The internet generation is the devolper target market. They're used to clicking a button and getting what they need. Making phone calls that go beyond 5 minutes time is to much headache for them to deal with.

I have never asked for refund for late delivery. But I have seen customers at the CC picking up thier packages asking for refund no on time delivery and CC clerks telling them to call the 800# cause the CC could not give back the shipping costs.

I have heard rumors that the refund money comes from the origin and it will effect that district revenue numbers.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
According to the developer personal experience getting a refund the customer has to go through a very arduous journey to get back 79.99 shopping costs. Supposedly they make it difficult so the customer gives up. So the guy created the app charges 4.99 and the app does all headache work for customer.

I have never asked for refund for late delivery. But I have seen customers at the CC picking up thier packages asking for refund no on time delivery and CC clerks telling them to call the 800# cause the CC could not give back the shipping costs.

I have heard rumors that the refund money comes from the origin and it will effect that district revenue numbers.

I had a late delivery once and got a refund no problem just by calling the 800 number. CC clerks lack the authority to give refunds so complaining to them is a waste of time.

rod

Retired 22 years

If that app does all the leg work it's probably a good thing. UPS isn't noted for making getting a refund or a damage claim easy. Not everyone has a hour to kill listening to elevator music while being placed on hold waiting to talk to a human.

worldwide

IMO The internet generation is the devolper target market. They're used to clicking a button and getting what they need. Making phone calls that go beyond 5 minutes time is to much headache for them to deal with.

It's not difficult to get a refund and can be done online without ever speaking to a person so the "internet generation" is covered. Even calling the 800 # for a refund is automated as you simply say the tracking number and are told if the package is eligible for a refund.

From ups.com:

How do I request a Guaranteed Service Refund?

Requests for a Guaranteed Service Refund must be made by the person or company who paid shipping charges to UPS, and must be made within 15 days of the scheduled delivery date.

If you are the payer, you can submit your requests for Guaranteed Service Refund one of two ways:
  1. Call 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) and say "Refund"
  2. Or if you have a shipping account, you can go online to the UPS Billing Center (Note: you'll need to create a My UPS user ID if you do not already have one)
UPS and FedEx on-time performance is typically in the high 90% range. During peak, 3rd party auditing firms were reporting on-time effectiveness of around 95% so non-peak performance is likely higher.

This app is a solution in search of a problem.

P

pickup

It's not difficult to get a refund and can be done online without ever speaking to a person so the "internet generation" is covered. Even calling the 800 # for a refund is automated as you simply say the tracking number and are told if the package is eligible for a refund.

From ups.com:

How do I request a Guaranteed Service Refund?

Requests for a Guaranteed Service Refund must be made by the person or company who paid shipping charges to UPS, and must be made within 15 days of the scheduled delivery date.

If you are the payer, you can submit your requests for Guaranteed Service Refund one of two ways:
  1. Call 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) and say "Refund"
  2. Or if you have a shipping account, you can go online to the UPS Billing Center (Note: you'll need to create a My UPS user ID if you do not already have one)
UPS and FedEx on-time performance is typically in the high 90% range. During peak, 3rd party auditing firms were reporting on-time effectiveness of around 95% so non-peak performance is likely higher.

This app is a solution in search of a problem.

Emphasis on "the payer" and "the person or company who paid shipping charges to UPS". I imagine that doesn't apply to the receiver of the goods. There may be some exceptions, but i can't imagine those exceptions would make a significant percentage.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Emphasis on "the payer" and "the person or company who paid shipping charges to UPS". I imagine that doesn't apply to the receiver of the goods. There may be some exceptions, but i can't imagine those exceptions would make a significant percentage.
Which would mean this app can't really do what they say. They would be a 3rd party with no control at all.

P

pickup

Which would mean this app can't really do what they say. They would be a 3rd party with no control at all.

I would imagine that is the case. I clicked the original link and see that the info about the app is provided within an audio interview. I am not interested in listening to it. They must have some sort of angle: perhaps collecting valid emails along with legitimate names?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But the other guy knows where I live.
God I got that one the other day. Saturday air had sheeted it nss. No one wrote directions on it just sent it back out. Was my first day on the route. I'm blind. I called in and they said its off road X. Well it wasn't off of road X. It was off of road Y which was off of road X. Road X was the only road with any type of markings. Not on my gps. Not on my map. Nsn.

People call in wanting to meet me. Ok. Well of course they go off. I tell them their road isn't marked in anyway how do they expect me to find it. Well the other guy delivers to us all of the time.

Ugh. Maybe we should still keep route books. Lol

barnyard

KTM rider
But the other guy knows where I live.

"The other guy gets 6 weeks of vacation. There could be 4 or 5 different guys covering those 6 weeks. If you want your stuff on time, put up a house number, I guarantee the other guys do not know which house is which either."

More and more, we are starting to put notes in the diad for finding those places. The guy whose route I was covering does not believe in notes, so I did not call that one in.

Dr.Brownz

where's the app that shows customers how to put a number on their house/mailbox? which probably accounts for some of those late pieces

It's a tricky process I know. You can't be bothered and inconvenienced to go to any hardware store, pick out your # that is more than 2cm in height, and shell out your life savings of $1.50. You poor thing you

The same people who put up a house number that is the same color as the house paint.......