Feeder drivers pay?

UPS4Life

I go 55 to 62 on night highways in ideal conditions, in the far right lane. If you think that is hazardous, then you are over driving your conditions/equipment. There is nothing unsafe about going 55 to 62MPH. Get in wreck at your speed and watch how fast UPS dumps you at the curb.
So you're telling me 55 in a 65 in the right lane is safer than 65 when traffic is running 70? And we can assume clear sunny day with 6-8 second following distance and 8-12 second eye lead time

Sent using BrownCafe App

I missed the part where it said he was speeding. If you have 3 rear end accidents as this driver did he obviously can't watch more than 5ft off the front of his hood and should have never been driving. To me going under the speed limit is much more of a hazard than doing the speed limit or a few ticks over if it's 55 or 60. I pass people all the time running 2 or 3 over like they're standing still, I call that stealing time not being safe your the biggest hazard on the road and thanks to you a four wheeler just cut me off

Sent using BrownCafe App

If ANYTHING happens the first thing they'll do is pull the IVIS and see what speed you were doing. If you want to put the noose around your neck for them then have at it.

The speed limit, 55 in Illinois, is the speed LIMIT under ideal conditions. Around Chicago there is no such thing. One day you might get there doing 55. The next 40. It is what it is and idgaf what the flow might be doing. They won't answer to UPS when it hits the fan.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So you're telling me 55 in a 65 in the right lane is safer than 65 when traffic is running 70? And we can assume clear sunny day with 6-8 second following distance and 8-12 second eye lead time

Sent using BrownCafe App
I had my annual safety ride a few weeks back, 400+ miles most of it under the speed limit and my sup told me I did a great job. I work with guys who have been doing this job safely and effectively for a lot of years and I take all my cues from them. You brag about passing people "like they're standing still" and you call me a safety hazard? ok.
Be safe out there driver.

UPS4Life

I had my annual safety ride a few weeks back, 400+ miles most of it under the speed limit and my sup told me I did a great job. I work with guys who have been doing this job safely and effectively for a lot of years and I take all my cues from them. You brag about passing people "like they're standing still" and you call me a safety hazard? ok.
Be safe out there driver.
I'm here to learn too. I'm not trying to say I'm a speed demon but I look at it as being unsafe to not even be doing close to the speed limit on a highway with everyone else. Nobody ever knows it all and I'll be the first to admit I don't. Everything your posting and informing me on I am reading and taking the knowledge from. You're never to old to learn and what you all are saying does make sense and is opening my eyes but I just don't think running clearly under ( talking 5mph+) the speed limit is making you safer.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'm here to learn too. I'm not trying to say I'm a speed demon but I look at it as being unsafe to not even be doing close to the speed limit on a highway with everyone else. Nobody ever knows it all and I'll be the first to admit I don't. Everything your posting and informing me on I am reading and taking the knowledge from. You're never to old to learn and what you all are saying does make sense and is opening my eyes but I just don't think running clearly under ( talking 5mph+) the speed limit is making you safer.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Like I said, I'm running in the right lane. You know, the slow lane. As of yet, I've never had a problem impeding traffic in the right lane. And like Jonsey said, I've had three different supervisors do safety rides with me while I was doing 55 to 62, and not one of them said a word about my speed. Those supervisors threatening drivers to run a certain speed sound like runaway sups. They need a good base check.

And like I said, I drive at night for 80% of my day. And when it gets light, I'm running in rush hour, which is even slower.

oldngray

nowhere special
Like I said, I'm running in the right lane. You know, the slow lane. As of yet, I've never had a problem impeding traffic in the right lane. And like Jonsey said, I've had three different supervisors do safety rides with me while I was doing 55 to 62, and not one of them said a word about my speed. Those supervisors threatening drivers to run a certain speed sound like runaway sups. They need a good base check.

Doesn't the bomb explode if you drop below 55?

I applied for the seasonal position off the street and was hired for a full time feeder position... what I did was called in everyday as a seasonal employee and begged for work(even though it wasn't necessary) it was always work to be done... and never had a service failure and paid union initiation fees on my last seasonal check and 3 months later I'm being brought on board full time ... I'm * at Hub *

Last edited by a moderator:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
3A3551F3-45A2-43D7-A772-C16CA345F19D.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If they are driving slower than the posted speed limit it might be because they are pulling overweight (and illegal) loads or they are being safe. Trying to stop a vehicle that is 35-110 feet long, wiggles in 1-5 places and weighs 80,000+ pounds isn't like trying to stop your personal car.

How fast would you prefer they drive?
Guys pulling mileage routes push it from what I hear.