Feeder drivers;;;;;;;;;;;;; retire u old farts

brett636

We still got one with a 1964 seniority date.... Can you even imagine staying that long???

Our #1 guy has a 1963 seniority date, and our top 10 guys have atleast 40 years in.

In response to the OP you have a long wait for me to retire. I am not eligible to retire for another 21 years and probably won't retire for another 10 years after that. :)

bates

All that easy overtime !! Heres some easy overtime for yah!! hook up a set of doubles in a snowstorm,then drive them down a frozen over Mountain side road in 6 th gear praying to GOD that you can get down number one ,, and number two ,you don't need to touch the friggin brakes !! yup its all shiz and giggles out here !!!

go back inside and see how much fun it is now.

A

anonymous6

This thread should be required reading for everyone.

Already mentioned....PLANNING PLANNING PLANNING

Learn to say NO. Live on 40-45 hrs and bank the rest. max out IRA and 401K for tax advantages. making extra principal payments on house. pay off all debt BEFORE retirement. see a qualified financial advisor ( Dave Ramsey )

kids pay their own college or trade school. they will work harder and appreciate it more.

This thread should be required reading for everyone.

Already mentioned....PLANNING PLANNING PLANNING

Learn to say NO. Live on 40-45 hrs and bank the rest. max out IRA and 401K for tax advantages. making extra principal payments on house. pay off all debt BEFORE retirement. see a qualified financial advisor ( Dave Ramsey )

kids pay their own college or trade school. they will work harder and appreciate it more.

Marry someone who makes more than you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My ex and I have two kids. When our daughter went to college we agreed that we would split the first year and then all 3 of us would pay 1/3 for the remaining years. She was a hard worker and graduated cum laude. We tried this with our son and he spent the year partying. We took away the financial support, he is paying his own way and will also be graduating cum laude.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
go back inside and see how much fun it is now.
Bates,,welcome to B.C..... I am guessing,that you are new at UPS #1,, #2 I did the inside gig for a few years,and do you think it was fun back then ?? We actually had to read charts to load pkg cars and trailers,not like today !! # 3 if you pay your dues and stay long enough,you will be in feeders some day !! Don't EVER assume any job at UPS is easier than your's,till you have done it !!

tae111

Most of the Feeder Drivers with that kind of senority are on bids that make in excess of $100000. per year. Unless you are in NY state your pension is in the $40000. range so it's quite a drop. I my area those bids take a set out and bring a set back and often they are already put together. They come to work, do a pre trip, drive out to their meet point, drop their set and hook up to a new one, and drive back. Pretty easy money when the weather is nice. Every job has it's downsides but as far as work and stress go it's the best job in UPS period. I did Package for 24 years and Feeders for 12 before retiring in September. I am 58. If I was still in package I would have retired as soon as I hit 30. I would have stayed even longer but in this area we have two senoirity lists Company and classification so I would never be able to get one of those big $$ runs. I know it's hard for a Package driver to imagine but some of these guys enjoy their job. $100000.+ and 7 weeks vacation. Air conditioned trucks and the newer truck drive pretty nice. Tough to leave.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Marry someone who makes more than you.
Not only this make sure they have a job that will let them work well into their golden years if need be. I my friends have done both I supported my wife through 8 years of school and in another year or so she may be the one knocking you out before surgery. Everyone asks if I'm going to quit I say hell no daddy's gonna get some toys!!!!!