Feeder Pay??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by cook32nd, Apr 22, 2007.

1. cook32nd

cook32nd New Member

So what can one expect as pay as a feeder truck driver? And how does it ever change? Does it ever contain any kind of mileage pay, or is that a ups freight thing?
  2. wildgoose

wildgoose WILDGOOSE

Beer and peanuts on Friday and on 5 week months and extra bag of peanuts and a extra beer ! Not bad eh :-)
  3. retired2000

retired2000 Active Member

why would you take a job and not know what the pay is? i just do not understand. you are not the first one to ask this question.
  4. krash

krash Go big orange

I believe $.64 a mile(doubles), $.03 more if your doing sleeper. $27.29 and hour or $27.94 for doubles
    This is off the top of my head though.
  5. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

They pay you guys to drive in feeders? I always heard thats were you went to die (feeder dept). Hahahahaha
  6. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You off the street for UPS? Off the street for UPSF? Which?

Top feeder driver pay:

Hourly: 27.735 for doubles

Mileage: 63.31 cents per mile/sleeper teams receive two cents
    mile additional but that is mileage rate is split
    between the two drivers.

Subsistence: $25 for each 1,000 miles driven for sleeper
  7. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

i must be died already and working in the UPS in heaven.........
  8. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

Just curious, I'm a ramp transport driver for FedEx Express here in SoCal. What does a topped out feeder driver that drivers a tractor trailer to and from the airport make?

For example I have been driving for Express for just over 12 years and I make slightly more than 22 an hour.

Thanks, a pro union FedEx driver.
  9. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

you get payed?
  10. City Driver

City Driver New Member

i think hes just tryin to get on our good side
  11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Feeders here, as of Aug 1st, make around 29/hr as a top rate. It takes 3 years to get to top rate.
  12. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Considering how much weight a lot of feeder drivers carry around I thought they paid them in pork chops. :lol:

I kid I kid...
  13. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

Thanks. I knew I was making less than you guys, I just wanted to know how much less, especially since this "brown bailout" stuff has started. They put a flyer out at work trying to tell us that we made MORE than an air driver. LOL
  14. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Ouch! $7 less per hour for doing the same thing. That's huge!!!
  15. paidover95

paidover95 Member

29.38 when I dont pull doubles 29.63 if I do
  16. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

The big thing for you all reaching top rate, as you know. Sure FedEx pay STARTS reasonably well but it takes half a lifetime to top out it seems. If FedEx tilted the wage scale in favor of the employee, that alone might keep the union out for awhile longer. (if the legislation flies)

Our air drivers are making more than 22/hr. Also, I am working inside 8 hours and make more than that. my rate will be $23.85/hr or around there Aug 1st
  17. feederdriver06

feederdriver06 former monkey slave

I get 28.94 pulling singles and 29.49 pulling doubles. Depends on your local agreement what your pay rate will be.

Not sure of our mileage rate.
  18. whiskey

whiskey New Member

I'm saving feeders for when I get old.
  19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

^what he said. or when I can get daylight. whichever comes first.
  20. JimJimmyJames

JimJimmyJames Big Time Feeder Driver

If you go as young as possible, maybe you will make it to old age in one piece!

Seriously, don't wait.