feeder position

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I think 815 pm thru 530 am or so, mon - fri.
Fabulous hours. Once you get used to the vampire sleep schedule you'll be in like flint. You will be able to do things during the week that you would currently have to do by burning a personal day or by playing "catch-up" on the weekend. Also your commute to and from work should be easier since you wont be dealing with rush hour traffic. :peaceful:

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
Thats just about the best start time ever right there, if you can adjust to the day sleeping you might just find you love it...

brownrod

Thats just about the best start time ever right there, if you can adjust to the day sleeping you might just find you love it...

I'd love to do our 5PM to 3 AM run. Because I usually go to bed around 3-4 AM when I'm not working. I'd not have to adjust my natural sleep schedule at all.

lastoasis

when I was in pkg car I thought working days meant everything and that was my main reason for waiting so long to get feeder qualified. while working the extra board you get to try every start time and it will really open your outlook on start times. I start at 1030AM and love it, no alarm clock, natural sleep cycle , perfect for me. there is a shift for everyone

spif91

I think 815 pm thru 530 am or so, mon - fri.

Strange..........How big is the center or is it out of a hub? All of us "center" feeder drivers in the state are Sun thru Thurs.......I guess all states are different. How many feeder drivers are there now? There are just 2 of us at our center of 28 to 31 drivers daily on average. The first driver brings in double 45's and I bring in trips. He takes back trips in the evening and I take back the 45's..

gray squirrel

Smaller center, only one feeder driver, and 20 plus or minus driver routes. Sunday thru thursday would be better for me, no more missed football or basketball games, but our feeder run in mon-fri.

xracer

We have 18 feeder routes in our center and all but one are mon-fri. Mine is a CPU run that is 6am - 6:30pm mon-fri

gray squirrel

Just an update. I won the bid and did the 40 non-productive training. I then did 40 hours with a supervisor riding with me on the route I run. I have now done 4 days on my own. I was pretty nervous at first, but I am getting more comfortable each day. I still have a hard time setting up doubles, with backing the first trailer onto the dolly then to the rear. The dolly is a pain to back, and I can't even begin to back a trailer with a dolly yet. I'm sure it will get easier with time and experience. I try to set up the doubles quickly, because I usually have the hub area blocked when I am trying to do this. It usually isn't pretty, but I get it done. I check, double check, then triple check my connections before leaving the hub. I love it so far, and have no regrets I bid on the job. I'm getting used to the hours, and take melatonin before I go to sleep, and sleep like a baby. I got paid my 40 hours training on this paycheck, so all is good. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

yeldarb

Just an update. I won the bid and did the 40 non-productive training. I then did 40 hours with a supervisor riding with me on the route I run. I have now done 4 days on my own. I was pretty nervous at first, but I am getting more comfortable each day. I still have a hard time setting up doubles, with backing the first trailer onto the dolly then to the rear. The dolly is a pain to back, and I can't even begin to back a trailer with a dolly yet. I'm sure it will get easier with time and experience. I try to set up the doubles quickly, because I usually have the hub area blocked when I am trying to do this. It usually isn't pretty, but I get it done. I check, double check, then triple check my connections before leaving the hub. I love it so far, and have no regrets I bid on the job. I'm getting used to the hours, and take melatonin before I go to sleep, and sleep like a baby. I got paid my 40 hours training on this paycheck, so all is good. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
They will tell you not to back with a trailer and a dolly, but there are times when it would come in handy. Shagging trailers on an off ramp on a grade in a snow storm, etc.
I learned how to do it when I was off property doing CPU's and had to bring a set back, and had extra time.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Spot dolly with tractor close to kite,then put out chock block to see where to spot your lead.It will get easier as time goes by.When you get more experienced as a driver,then practice backing dolly while connected to trailer.Remember when backing trailer with dolly,back like a car,,,turn l for dolly to go left.It will make sense when you try it !!! Good luck & welcome to FEEDAHS DRIVAH !!!!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
They are frowning in drivers backing dollies with the front box in SC. We had two drivers put the fifth wheel of the dolly thru the front of the back box in 2 weeks. The way the fifth wheel is designed, it will hook over the edge of the metal, and won't come out. A wrecker has to come and lift the dolly out of the trailer.

spif91

They are frowning in drivers backing dollies with the front box in SC. We had two drivers put the fifth wheel of the dolly thru the front of the back box in 2 weeks. The way the fifth wheel is designed, it will hook over the edge of the metal, and won't come out. A wrecker has to come and lift the dolly out of the trailer.

They haven't said anything to us here in Ok yet.......prob will though before long.......Hooking up trips here it is a real time saver to back the trailor with the dolly on it already......So you bring in the Monday center load for the drivers on Sat morning while we bring it in on Mon morning. Glad to here you r enjoying it.......

NEFARIOUS

BOTTOM FEEDER
They have not said anything here about backing the dolly on the lead trailer...Yet.. We were told we can no longer make sets on the load wall in Oakland. Guess some one came around the building with a pig on and cliped the nose of another truck who just made a set on the wall...