Feeder question

Johney

We've always been told you don't take credit for the first move--supposedly its built into the allowances-- so just hooking a single, we claim 0. Hooking a set of stacked trailers, we claim 1 and 1. If we have to go grab and stack both trailers and the dolly, then we claim 2 and 1. Just how it is here. I don't mess around with claiming more than what they say.
Just goes to show different places different policies. Here...a set out is 2+1 on outbound equipment and 2+1 on inbound equipment. Regardless of where you put them. Even just a set of empties you leave in the yard.

MoarTape

do the same thing EVERY SINGLE TIME

When I was in training, I was told several different ways of doing a pre-trip. Still don't know if I'm doing everything in the right order..lol.

I was also told if we inbound and leave a set together, it's 1 and 0. If we break it apart, it's 2 and 1. Been doing it that way since and haven't been told differently.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It doesn't matter how our what order you do your pre-trip. Cover all the bases, do it your way, but do it the same way EVERY TIME. Find your way and stick to it; that way you avoid mistakes.

MaceFremonti

Where I am based dropping a set as is and not breaking it down is 0 and 0. We only take credit if we have to back something. Drop a rear, back dolly into patch, back trailer on door is a 1 and 1.

EasyTrucker

Why are you guys helping them make numbers that don't matter to us anyway? The IVIS asks for the equipment I am hauling not what I may or may not do with it. If I pull doubles no matter if I hook up or already hooked up thru loads it is 2 trailers and 1 dolly for outbound and inbound.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why are you guys helping them make numbers that don't matter to us anyway? The IVIS asks for the equipment I am hauling not what I may or may not do with it. If I pull doubles no matter if I hook up or already hooked up thru loads it is 2 trailers and 1 dolly for outbound and inbound.
The IVIS is not asking how many you brought in. The IVIS knows how many you brought in from you inputting trailer numbers. The IVIS is asking you what you "handled."

The only reason this screen is there is for time allowance. You get more time to break a set down than you do to just drop the hooked set.

The IVIS does not know what you did with the equipment once you brought it in.

You get around 50 minutes to break down a set and build your outbound set. You only get around 27 minutes to drop a set and hook to a built set. This includes pretrip and post trip.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When I was in training, I was told several different ways of doing a pre-trip. Still don't know if I'm doing everything in the right order..lol.

I was also told if we inbound and leave a set together, it's 1 and 0. If we break it apart, it's 2 and 1. Been doing it that way since and haven't been told differently.
When I was trained, it was 2 and 1. About 3 years ago, I was told it was changed. You automatically get credit for the lead trailer, so now breaking a set down is 1 and 1. Same with building a set.