Feeder Work Question

gandydancer

UPS logistics does not go around switching accounts they provide customers with logistics help. I have some of the biggest shippers in the country in my area of responsibility. In the last five years I have only had ups logistics help asked for in maybe three or four accounts. Three asking for internal help with their internal systems so they could process packages more efficently. The fourth asking us to validate their internal processes and asking about zone skip. This customer will not be skipping zones because while he is a big worldwide shipper he does not ship enough out of any one DC to make zone skip cost effective.

Many shippers are very good at whatever product they ship. They however do not fully understand the logistics processes very well. We provide that guidance on how they can process their products more efficently. Logistics does not tell the customer how they will ship their packages. Thats the part you guys are having a hard time understanding.
The customer tells us how they will ship the packages.

You're not answering the question, which, to repeat, was: "As far as I can see accepting your argument means that UPS Logistics CAN switch every CPU account in the nation to UPS Freight tractors and the feeder drivers doing that work now have no beef. Yes or no?"

Forget about the zone-skipping irrelevancy or the (previous) rarity of what happened to av8. Just answer the question. To make it specific: If UPS offers its CPU accounts 5 cents a package net to deliver the packages to hubs with UPS Freight equipment rather than having Feeder do it we have no beef with UPS because it's just the customer deciding how they will ship the packages. YES OR NO?

av8torntn

You're not answering the question, which, to repeat, was: "As far as I can see accepting your argument means that UPS Logistics CAN switch every CPU account in the nation to UPS Freight tractors and the feeder drivers doing that work now have no beef. Yes or no?"

According to the grievance panel in the southern region that is correct. The logistics language does not apply. The sub contracting language does not apply. Diversion of work language does not apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

tieguy

Banned

I did answer the question logistics does not tell the customers who they will ship their packages with. Customer makes the decision based on their service and cost needs.

tieguy

Banned
saw another one today. One of our top 5 largest customers planning a big shipping event. Was going to send a lot of it basic. Customer felt it was to their advantage to switch the entire 200,000 packages to ups ground instead so that we control the whole delivery.

Cheaper for the customer to go basic but they did not want the post office handling any of it. Is this a ups logistics success story or did the customer make the final call?

bvshearz

This stuff is going on all over the country,if we can't stop it,within a few short years the feeder dept. will be gone.Any dummy can see the writing on the wall,company's goal,eliminate as many feeder jobs as possible.Somehow this Sub-contracting needs to be made public so America can see just how another corporate giant cares only about $$$$ and we the workers are just peons that they could care less about.Layoffs in the feeder dept. will be huge a a short time.There won't be any long runs anymore,just shifter jobs and CPU work.It's coming.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Tie the employees have been boycotting, but some have also been damaging them by filling them with slugs. I do not condone the damaging of the machines, so lets just see how it plays out.

So, as with so many threads we never hear the outcome...what ever happen to the vending machines with the slugs in them...ha..thats pretty funny. Did anyone sneek some slugs into the center manager office also???