Feeders

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPS4Life, Dec 18, 2014.

1. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

Was curious as to what different type of trucks ups has around the country. On the east coast in PA and NJ I have seen sterlings, mack, international, and kenworth.

As far as newer trucks go mack has now been producing the LNG trucks I doubt we will see another diesel. Jersey has a bunch of nice kenworth's but talking to drivers they say the ride is awful.

As far as international and sterling I haven't seen any newer ones.

Just curious as to what other parts of the country is running with and how you like them!

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Pretty much just Macks and Sterlings. I've seen Volvos being rented/borrowed from Freight for peak but I don't think I've ever seen a Kenworth or thirteen-letter-s:censored2:t-spreader.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. happybob

happybob Feeders

The last 3 years in New England all the new ones I have seen have been Mack's

• List
  4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Same. Although I had a nice International rental yesterday, instead of the dual wheels on the rear axles it had these massively wide single tires. Thing rode great on the highway.

But at $1000 a tire I'm not sure UPS would ever switch to them

• List
  5. VonDutch

VonDutch Bite your tongue, Missy

We have Sterling and Mack. My personal ride is a Mack twin screw.

• List
  6. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

Super singles. Years ago we had them on the dollies.

• List
  7. browner89

browner89 Active Member

As far as I've noticed, my centers trucks are all Mack, which makes sense for the North East region since Mack is headquartered in the North East, Allentown Pennsylvania.

• List
  8. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

The only new ones they are buying right now are Kenworths and Macks. All LNG's. The tax breaks UPS got from the government for these, UPS is basically getting them for free.

We still have Sterling and Internationals, but there most likely won't be any new ones in the near future. There are talks about getting some Peterbilts also.

• List
  9. MaceFremonti

MaceFremonti Active Member

Never going to happen but it would be just plain sick to have one of these in UPS colors....

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

That would be nice.

• List
  11. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

I think for ups to spend that kind of money they would go back to leaf springs and no radio's. I hope you mean minus the sleeper too!

I was really hoping somewhere we had freightliners or Pete's. Would have been cool to see something different.

Sent using BrownCafe App

• List
  12. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

This is our newest of the fleet. jacktra.jpg

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Derail x 1
    • List
  13. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

I saw that guy at cach today.

I hope the lng kenworths are better then our new diesel ones. you have to stuff 500 red tags into all the cracks in the cab to stop the rattles. Otherwise you can't even hear yourself think.

14. MaceFremonti

When I used to go to RICVA some of the Carolina guys had Freightliners....I remember thinking they looked pretty sick at the time.

15. MeltedSnowman

MeltedSnowman Member

At my hub there is a mix of Mack, Sterling and International with Mack being the dominate make. How long do you think the older International and Sterling trucks will be around? I'm not a feeder driver but I've heard rumor that UPS will run these trucks into three million mile range. Any truth to that?

16. Brownkeg8

Brownkeg8 New Member

They are quieter for now! My biggest issue is there are a lot of blind spots, it is actually a safer back blind side as you cant see the trailer over your left shoulder. The mirrors seem to be an issue as they don't align with the trailers very well.

17. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Those things are SOOOO sexy looking. Saw one on the highway before I went feeders, and even my wife agreed that it was a bad ass looking truck

18. UPS4Life

UPS4Life Active Member

the most I've see on a running truck was 1.7 million give or take a little. And I think that got Ada because of lng coming in.

Could the older trucks see 3 million? Sure with the right maintenance and depending how much you want to invest into it when it breaks. The 270 Mack's I heard have problems with the regen after 600,000 miles. The newer regulations isn't doing good for these trucks. The newer trucks won't see near as many miles as the older trucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

19. MaceFremonti

Couple of ours had regen issues after the first 600 miles...lol.

20. lex

lex New Member

In our small center we have two 264 makes one has 1.7 million miles other has 1.9 million on it.