Feeders

UPS4Life

Was curious as to what different type of trucks ups has around the country. On the east coast in PA and NJ I have seen sterlings, mack, international, and kenworth.

As far as newer trucks go mack has now been producing the LNG trucks I doubt we will see another diesel. Jersey has a bunch of nice kenworth's but talking to drivers they say the ride is awful.

As far as international and sterling I haven't seen any newer ones.

Just curious as to what other parts of the country is running with and how you like them!

Sent using BrownCafe App

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Pretty much just Macks and Sterlings. I've seen Volvos being rented/borrowed from Freight for peak but I don't think I've ever seen a Kenworth or thirteen-letter-s:censored2:t-spreader.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Same. Although I had a nice International rental yesterday, instead of the dual wheels on the rear axles it had these massively wide single tires. Thing rode great on the highway.

But at $1000 a tire I'm not sure UPS would ever switch to them

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Same. Although I had a nice International rental yesterday, instead of the dual wheels on the rear axles it had these massively wide single tires. Thing rode great on the highway.

But at $1000 a tire I'm not sure UPS would ever switch to them
Super singles. Years ago we had them on the dollies.

browner89

As far as I've noticed, my centers trucks are all Mack, which makes sense for the North East region since Mack is headquartered in the North East, Allentown Pennsylvania.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Was curious as to what different type of trucks ups has around the country. On the east coast in PA and NJ I have seen sterlings, mack, international, and kenworth.

As far as newer trucks go mack has now been producing the LNG trucks I doubt we will see another diesel. Jersey has a bunch of nice kenworth's but talking to drivers they say the ride is awful.

As far as international and sterling I haven't seen any newer ones.

Just curious as to what other parts of the country is running with and how you like them!

Sent using BrownCafe App
The only new ones they are buying right now are Kenworths and Macks. All LNG's. The tax breaks UPS got from the government for these, UPS is basically getting them for free.

We still have Sterling and Internationals, but there most likely won't be any new ones in the near future. There are talks about getting some Peterbilts also.

MaceFremonti

Never going to happen but it would be just plain sick to have one of these in UPS colors....

Attachments

• 1418989712384.jpg
    1418989712384.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 160

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The only new ones they are buying right now are Kenworths and Macks. All LNG's. The tax breaks UPS got from the government for these, UPS is basically getting them for free.

We still have Sterling and Internationals, but there most likely won't be any new ones in the near future. There are talks about getting some Peterbilts also.
That would be nice.

UPS4Life

Never going to happen but it would be just plain sick to have one of these in UPS colors....
I think for ups to spend that kind of money they would go back to leaf springs and no radio's. I hope you mean minus the sleeper too!

I was really hoping somewhere we had freightliners or Pete's. Would have been cool to see something different.

Sent using BrownCafe App

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I saw that guy at cach today.

I hope the lng kenworths are better then our new diesel ones. you have to stuff 500 red tags into all the cracks in the cab to stop the rattles. Otherwise you can't even hear yourself think.

MaceFremonti

I think for ups to spend that kind of money they would go back to leaf springs and no radio's. I hope you mean minus the sleeper too!

I was really hoping somewhere we had freightliners or Pete's. Would have been cool to see something different.

Sent using BrownCafe App
When I used to go to RICVA some of the Carolina guys had Freightliners....I remember thinking they looked pretty sick at the time.

MeltedSnowman

At my hub there is a mix of Mack, Sterling and International with Mack being the dominate make. How long do you think the older International and Sterling trucks will be around? I'm not a feeder driver but I've heard rumor that UPS will run these trucks into three million mile range. Any truth to that?

Brownkeg8

I hope the lng kenworths are better then our new diesel ones. you have to stuff 500 red tags into all the cracks in the cab to stop the rattles. Otherwise you can't even hear yourself think.

They are quieter for now! My biggest issue is there are a lot of blind spots, it is actually a safer back blind side as you cant see the trailer over your left shoulder. The mirrors seem to be an issue as they don't align with the trailers very well.

UPS4Life

At my hub there is a mix of Mack, Sterling and International with Mack being the dominate make. How long do you think the older International and Sterling trucks will be around? I'm not a feeder driver but I've heard rumor that UPS will run these trucks into three million mile range. Any truth to that?
the most I've see on a running truck was 1.7 million give or take a little. And I think that got Ada because of lng coming in.

Could the older trucks see 3 million? Sure with the right maintenance and depending how much you want to invest into it when it breaks. The 270 Mack's I heard have problems with the regen after 600,000 miles. The newer regulations isn't doing good for these trucks. The newer trucks won't see near as many miles as the older trucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MaceFremonti

the most I've see on a running truck was 1.7 million give or take a little. And I think that got Ada because of lng coming in.

Could the older trucks see 3 million? Sure with the right maintenance and depending how much you want to invest into it when it breaks. The 270 Mack's I heard have problems with the regen after 600,000 miles. The newer regulations isn't doing good for these trucks. The newer trucks won't see near as many miles as the older trucks.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Couple of ours had regen issues after the first 600 miles...lol.