Feeders

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The only new ones they are buying right now are Kenworths and Macks. All LNG's. The tax breaks UPS got from the government for these, UPS is basically getting them for free.

We still have Sterling and Internationals, but there most likely won't be any new ones in the near future. There are talks about getting some Peterbilts also.

Our manager told us in a meeting a couple of weeks ago that the tax rebate was 70 cents on the dollar. The hub that I know of that has the CNG tractors has to be fueled by an authorized crew only, and it takes 30 minutes to refuel a tractor.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Our manager told us in a meeting a couple of weeks ago that the tax rebate was 70 cents on the dollar. The hub that I know of that has the CNG tractors has to be fueled by an authorized crew only, and it takes 30 minutes to refuel a tractor.
Definitely a union job

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
At my hub there is a mix of Mack, Sterling and International with Mack being the dominate make. How long do you think the older International and Sterling trucks will be around? I'm not a feeder driver but I've heard rumor that UPS will run these trucks into three million mile range. Any truth to that?
The Sterlings will never see 3 million. Too many major problems and too expensive to fix. Most Sterlings will be lucky to see 1.5 million before they ADA them.

He's incorrect. A fueler has to be trained and certified but that can be anyone including drivers. If procedures are followed a tractor can be refueled in 15 min or less.

UPS4Life

He's incorrect. A fueler has to be trained and certified but that can be anyone including drivers. If procedures are followed a tractor can be refueled in 15 min or less.
That's crazy 15 minutes to fuel. The lng's are probably quicker to fill than diesel.

Sent using BrownCafe App