Feeding animals on your route. On topic only...please.

Should you feed the animals?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It is strictly against UPS policy but many drivers still do it.
It's a good way to get bit and have a time loss injury. This practice costs the company alot of money and can permanently deform you.

What do you think?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It's a good way to get bit and have a time loss injury. This practice costs the company alot of money and can permanently deform you.

What do you think?
I think it is total BS when I cover a route that the regular driver feeds dogs and when I show up and don't have any they get agitated and behave aggressively. It is very dangerous! I don't like dogs, why would I feed them, plus there is too much work on the package car to take the time to feed every dog.

hyena

I think it is total BS when I cover a route that the regular driver feeds dogs and when I show up and don't have any they get agitated and behave aggressively. It is very dangerous! I don't like dogs, why would I feed them, plus there is too much work on the package car to take the time to feed every dog.
Wow you hate dogs that much? Here's an idea throw the bone in front of car. Now you don't have to deal with Fido anymore you d*!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don't forget peanuts!

image.gif

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I only feed the little kitty cats when when they appear behind me and start massaging their face with my leg.

Box Ox

think it is total BS when I cover a route that the regular driver feeds dogs and when I show up and don't have any they get agitated and behave aggressively.

How about when the owner gets agitated?

"WHAT? All you have is my box?! My REGULAR driver ALWAYS has a treat for Princess. Sometimes a four course meal!"

Total millennial dog entitlement generation.

Overpaid Union Thug

Exactly! I get allot of splits (from other routes) on mine and my route is also cut occasionally and I can tell which drivers are feeding the damn dogs. Its easy to see because they will come charging out and are super excited. One day one of them will run right under someone's tires. Plus, they are really hyper and don't realize their claws are scratching the hell out of the driver that doesn't even have any treats to give them. I would only feed the dogs that seem hostile. But I don't carry treats anymore anyway so it doesn't matter.

JL 0513

As a cover driver, there's no way I'm carrying treats as I'm in a different PC everyday. I run into so many dogs that go crazy waiting for their treat that I don't have. Then I feel bad for the poor dog that the owners apparently don't feed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dog treats are a necessity for a cover driver's bag, especially on rural routes. I keep a few in my pocket at all times. Never know when one will hop out from a cracked garage door or around from the backyard. I won't risk an attempt at all if they're loose and barking when I approach, but once you're halfway to the door WTF you gonna do? Best to have a distraction ready to go.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

What do you think?
I don't give my own dog treats unless he does his tricks. I'm sure as hell not buying box after box of treats for some jackoffs dog that I don't even know. And thanks to one dog who stole the last half of a pizza I had, they don't get anything now.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I don't feed all, but there were some very aggressive dogs on my route that wouldn't let me out of the truck that now act like big ol babies because I feed them.