"Fell off" the truck

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Out of gross curiosity, how much trouble would a ground driver find himself in if someone found one of his deliveries on the side of the road?

At ups no one would be in a heap of trouble thanks to the union. You all are afforded no such protections.

I ask because I found one, left it at a stop I know he'll be at tomorrow even though he is a jack wagon.

Just wondering.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Things like that happen. Just give it to the drive or leave it at one of his stops like you did. Maybe he will return the favor if the same thing ever happens to you.

dezguy

We've had it happen at our station. Had a newbie drive away from a stop with his back doors open and didn't realize till their next stop. Left packages all over the road. All they got was a discussion about securing your vehicle before putting in gear.

STFXG

If they end up missing the contractor pays for the claim. Or if a complaint is called in the contractor will lose some of the bonus.

It will be fine

ISPs are not charged for claims anymore. Most likely the driver could claim it was never on his truck and it would just go missing. Boxes go missing all the time, they're code 85s.

Motown

The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.Found a pkg going to a jewelry company.I held on to it all day hoping I would run in to him but never did so ended up delivering it myself.A couple days later while on a different route I pull up to a stop next to the ground driver and he asks me about the pkg.Told him where I found out and it turns it slid out through his bulkhead door and he never noticed it as he was flying around the corner no doubt.He was very grateful,since it was for a jewelry company I can't imagine how much that pkg was worth so I understand why he was so grateful.

I generally don't like how the ground drivers in my area work.They have some very bad habits that leave me shaking my head but we're all brothers out there and we should look out for one another.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Out of gross curiosity, how much trouble would a ground driver find himself in if someone found one of his deliveries on the side of the road?
At ups no one would be in a heap of trouble thanks to the union. You all are afforded no such protections.
I ask because I found one, left it at a stop I know he'll be at tomorrow even though he is a jack wagon.
Just wondering.

That was nice to do. We've got to look out for each other, never know when a stroke of karma might come in handy.

whenIgetthere

I had a customer ask me to take a ground package not long ago. I said I couldn't pick up ground packages. She said it wasn't a pick up, she had found it in the middle of the road. I just took it and left it in the ground pile at the station.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I was driving down a street and saw a UPS guy driving through a parking lot w/a pkg. on his back bumper. I knocked myself out to get his attention and point to what was wrong.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I was driving down a street and saw a UPS guy driving through a parking lot w/a pkg. on his back bumper. I knocked myself out to get his attention and point to what was wrong.
...wasn't there any other way to get his attention besides knocking yourself out???