Felony assault charge

22.34life

You haven't been convicted yet.

With that being said GROW UP I don't know how old you are but if you been driving for UPS for 7 years your most likely 30 or older. In order to grow up you may need to change the people and places that you hang around with and at. We all make choices some good and some bad, these choices may effect other aspects of are life in a negative way. Most people learn what are good and bad choices and choose the good ones.

Another way to think about it is that if you play with fire you are going to get burn eventually.

I hope thing work out for you and you learn from this mistake.

some of the replies to this thread are hard to believe,"Grow up"'change the people and places you hang out in".you must be one of these guys that would let a man slap your wife and your kids because fighting is immature.regardless of your age or situation there is always a time and a place where it can become necessary to use physical violence,get off your high horse.

UPSGUY72

some of the replies to this thread are hard to believe,"Grow up"'change the people and places you hang out in".you must be one of these guys that would let a man slap your wife and your kids because fighting is immature.regardless of your age or situation there is always a time and a place where it can become necessary to use physical violence,get off your high horse.

He got charged with 2nd degree assault. If he was defending his wife or kids I'm pretty sure he would have said so. It appears he got into a bar fight or atleast a alcohol related fight. Where his ego get the better of him.

I do my best not to put my wife or kids in a situation where they would be subject to violence to start which means I don't need to use physical violence to defend them. How ever if the situation arose I would take what ever action was needed to neutralize the situation. I must be doing something right I haven't gotten into a fight since I was in High school or 20 years ago and my wife and kids haven't been the subject of abuse.

wannab

Here's the story. My wife and I were having a date night. We had a babysitter for the children so we could go out and have some fun. Did the dinner thing then went to a local bar to have a couple drinks, dance and unwind a little. At the bar there was a guy that my wife use to date. He came over introduced himself talked a little and walked away. The wife told me who he was and how she knew him and that was it. She was drinking most of the drinks since i was driving and we were having a good time. My wife and i were dancing. She enjoys dancing much more than i do so i sat down and watched her have fun. At some point later in the evening her ex came up and was dancing with her. I'm not the jealous type and it wasnt like they were grinding on each other so i watched chatted with some people at the bar and everything was fine. The night went on with my wife and i sitting at the bar, dancing together and her dancing on the dance floor with other girls and guys. Her ex went back on the dance floor and was dancing with her but this time he kept trying to grab her butt, pull her close or get his face close to her's which i assume he was trying to give her a kiss. When he would try to do these things my wife would always push his hand away or push him back a little to get some space between them. At one point he looked right at me and i shook my head no to let him know that i saw what was going on. The wife got pissed because how the guy was acting. She came over to me too tell me she was ready to go because he was ruining her fun and that while i got the check she was going to use the bathroom. I asked the bartender for our bill and watched as she went to the back of the bar to use the restroom. Wouldn't you know it he was following her. I headed to the back and he was in the ladies room trying to talk to her through the stall door. He and i had some words and we ended up in the parking lot duking it out. To some it up I ended up breaking his nose on my first swing. When we went outside i hit him first and that was it. That's how i got charged with 2nd degree assault. I was arrested and spent the night in jail. My bail was set at 10k which was posted using a home equity loan and not a bail bondsman. So now I'm on probation which means i cant drink or contact/ be around the victim. My attorney told me I shouldn't worry because i have no priors but i may get community service, probation and have to pay some money for breaking his nose.

Returntosender

Awesome you had the proper response for the what happend. Their other individuals"Troll" that would let their wife get raped in the bathroom while watching cause he's afriad of violent, aggressive people.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here's the story. My wife and I were having a date night. We had a babysitter for the children so we could go out and have some fun. Did the dinner thing then went to a local bar to have a couple drinks, dance and unwind a little. At the bar there was a guy that my wife use to date. He came over introduced himself talked a little and walked away. The wife told me who he was and how she knew him and that was it. She was drinking most of the drinks since i was driving and we were having a good time. My wife and i were dancing. She enjoys dancing much more than i do so i sat down and watched her have fun. At some point later in the evening her ex came up and was dancing with her. I'm not the jealous type and it wasnt like they were grinding on each other so i watched chatted with some people at the bar and everything was fine. The night went on with my wife and i sitting at the bar, dancing together and her dancing on the dance floor with other girls and guys. Her ex went back on the dance floor and was dancing with her but this time he kept trying to grab her butt, pull her close or get his face close to her's which i assume he was trying to give her a kiss. When he would try to do these things my wife would always push his hand away or push him back a little to get some space between them. At one point he looked right at me and i shook my head no to let him know that i saw what was going on. The wife got pissed because how the guy was acting. She came over to me too tell me she was ready to go because he was ruining her fun and that while i got the check she was going to use the bathroom. I asked the bartender for our bill and watched as she went to the back of the bar to use the restroom. Wouldn't you know it he was following her. I headed to the back and he was in the ladies room trying to talk to her through the stall door. He and i had some words and we ended up in the parking lot duking it out. To some it up I ended up breaking his nose on my first swing. When we went outside i hit him first and that was it. That's how i got charged with 2nd degree assault. I was arrested and spent the night in jail. My bail was set at 10k which was posted using a home equity loan and not a bail bondsman. So now I'm on probation which means i cant drink or contact/ be around the victim. My attorney told me I shouldn't worry because i have no priors but i may get community service, probation and have to pay some money for breaking his nose.

Let's see how many of members of the "court of public opinion" stop back to offer wannab an apology.

[video=youtube;9Qi2m6NyUP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qi2m6NyUP0[/video]

Re-Raise

I really hope something like this wouldn't affect your job delivering packages for UPS. I think your charges will probably be dropped or at least reduced to a lesser charge after the States Attorney has all the facts.

Good luck and let us know how this turns out.

One thing I have learned over the years is make sure you can claim self defense before you drop the hammer on the guy. By this I mean stand your ground but let him be the first one to make the confrontation physical.

I know it is sometimes easier said than done.

satellitedriver

I headed to the back and he was in the ladies room trying to talk to her through the stall door.
The fight should have been there and then.
What :censored2: judge would give you probation for protecting your wife?
The dancing, drinking and grab ass is one thing, but stalking a woman in a bathroom is another.
The sob should feel lucky that you did not break another part of his anatomy.
I wish you the best and I think you will prevail in your case.

wannab

This is the story according to the OP. I would like to hear the other guys version.

I have the police report. Both stories are damn near the same. The only thing i left out in my post was what happened in the bathroom. I told him to get the ***** away from her and to keep his hands off her. He told me to go ****** myself. I pushed him into the wall and told him that he had a problem that I was going to solve outside. I was drinking (3 beers) but wasn't intoxicated. He was very intoxicated. A ambulance took him to the hosiptal after the fight was over while i went away in the police car.

He's saying that he never went into the bathroom or tried to touch her while they were dancing. He claims I followed him outside the bar when he was leaving and punched him because I was jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is the story according to the OP. I would like to hear the other guys version.

Why???
The OP came here as a UPSer looking for opinions as to how this was going to affect his job.
Instead he's being tried in this make shift kangaroo court on assault charges by a bunch sanctimonious (there's that word again UpState) know it alls.
The real legal system will sort that out.
In the mean time, I'll choose to believe the OP until such time as he proves himself not worthy.
Isn't that really all we ever have in this forum?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I believe the plaque says...."I have a zero tolerance for sanctimonious morons who try to scare people." ~Pat Robertson~

(you'll notice I did give credit to the originator of the quote) :happy2: However, I did cut & paste the quote....couldn't justify the wasting time of typing it all over again.)

The fight should have been there and then.
What :censored2: judge would give you probation for protecting your wife?
The dancing, drinking and grab ass is one thing, but stalking a woman in a bathroom is another.
The sob should feel lucky that you did not break another part of his anatomy.
I wish you the best and I think you will prevail in your case.

You and me both Brother. I would have been doing my best to drag the sob out of the bathroom.

iowa boy

Still, should be fired.....Very unprofessional.

Fired for what, protecting his wife? Was he in his uniform when he did this?

Any sensible man in this situation would do the same thing to protect their wife. I know i would, especially if I wasn't working.

wannab, you did the right thing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would certainly hope you'd get fired.....an adult fighting is very childish, shows immaturity, and inability to control themselves during stressful situations..... Add the fact of driving a truck, heavy traffic, road rage, etc. I would not want a violent, angry, aggressive person walking to my front porch, where I have to tell him "sorry, I don't want it, send it back." Or walk, at a pedestrian crosswalk, while he impatiently feels like he has every right to mow me down cause he's having a "bad day" cause his supervisor told him he's 'too slow.' Violent people shouldn't be in the service industry. Perhaps you should take up boxing, or the military......something other then driving a truck in residential areas, where you may have to interact with customers.
Hello, management.