Felony conviction

mssassy82

Hello. About two years ago i was convicted of a felony. UPS has yet to find out about this. I have been working at my center for 4 years and was recently asked by my division manager to take a full time job at another center(I am already in the pool for full time). I told him yes I would take it. I work hard and have cross-trained for every position in my center. Do they do another background check when you go into full time management? I really want to keep my job, and if they do another background check, I will just decline the offer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

rocket man

YOU SEEM REFORMED, I have to asumme you are a union member? call your local. if you are not a member i think you should turn your self in.

feeder05

As long as you were truthful on the application you should be fine...I can't remember if they ask if you have any felony convictions. Good luck.

mssassy82

Thanks. When I first started with UPS, they did ask me and I truthfully said no. I'm just wondering if they will run another one for full time.

S

splozi

This comment won't help the thread at all, but the whole idea of a felony is bs anyway. A lot of people don't understand how insignificant a crime can be to be considered a felony.

bluehdmc

I know if you apply for an airport ID they fingerprint you and run a background check. I'm not sure what would disqualify you, it's a homeland security thing. They also fingerprint you everytime you renew your commercial driver's license if you have a hazmat endorsement. Certain felony convictions are still allowed the Hazmat endorsement, for some felonies a certain amount of time has to have passed first. Ex: you can get a hazmat endorsement if you've been convicted of attempted murder more than 7 (I think) years ago, but if you succeeded in murdering someone you can't get the endorsement. This is all Homeland Security, not sure about UPS. As I understand the OP, you got hired by UPS and then got convicted of a felony?

mssassy82

Yes that is correct. Two years later. I am a part time sup and want to go full time, but I'm wondering if they will do another background check. I heard that they do. Are you in management?

bluehdmc

No, I'm not in management, but I do know for the airport ID the fingerprint and run a background check. If you went full time they may want you to get the airport ID.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Wells Fargo Worker Fired for 40-Year-Old Shoplifting Charge - ABC News

This thread reminded me of this story that showed up a few days ago

I would stay status quo unless you need to make the move. I'm assuming you only recieved probation since they would have figured out that you had gone to jail and missed work. A step you can take is by using UPS's Open Door Policy and have a discussion with an HR manager. You can discuss your situation informally and find your answers.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
yes they re-do the background check, yes they will probably find out,

Edit: they might not terminate you for it since you picked it up while you were at UPS however you will definitely not get the full-time position and if you lied about it at any point, you will be terminated immediately.

top dollar

Not sure about another background, but in my center our OMS (part time) has a felony charge but in on probation for it and still has a job!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Yes they do another background check.

Just remember as a full-time supervisor (OR) you may have to apply for a badge at the airport, courthouse, military base, etc etc...