Felony DUI as a part time employee

BenjMTB

I recently got a felony DUI away from work. I feel confident that I will keep my job except for the fact that I could be facing jail time. My question is what happens if a part time employee goes to jail? Automatically lose my job? I have a good amount of vacation time saved up, maybe I could use them while I'm away?
Thanks in advance

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I recently got a felony DUI away from work. I feel confident that I will keep my job except for the fact that I could be facing jail time. My question is what happens if a part time employee goes to jail? Automatically lose my job? I have a good amount of vacation time saved up, maybe I could use them while I'm away?
Thanks in advance
Huber law?

TheKid99

Ouch...

How foolish can you be bro? I have no sympathy for you...

You could've killed someone. You deserve jail time but you're a brother so i hope you keep your job.

Johney

Leave of absence doesn't cover jail time and unless you are spending weekends only in jail you're done.

PT Car Washer

You may be able to arrange your vacation time to cover your jail time. Otherwise you are a no call no show and after three days you are done. Good luck with this. We all make mistakes but if you get out of this with your job you may want to consider your sobriety.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why is DUI a felony without an accident or bodily harm? A sober 80 year old kills a kid getting off the bus and that's not a felony?

Brnone4real

I have known 2 people that went to jail and kept there part time jobs.
1 of them was gone about 3 weeks, and the other at least 90+ days.
Do u have good relationship with management? Do u work in a big hub with allot of people ?

browntroll

maybe you can use your vacation while you are in jail? if its short time. one guy in my hub went away for 2 weeks used his vacation.
another guy was able to leave jail for work and had to go back to jail for 2 months. i met another guy that was in jail for 9 months but went
to the union to get his job back but he said his sister was someones secretary so he got his job back.

I know a hand full of bros who did jail time and have kept their jobs. But with your vacations racked up, it wouldn't hurt to use a couple just to be on the safe side.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
What happens outside of ups, doesn't need to be shared with your boss. That being said, schedule vacation accordingly and hope it works out. Most importantly, SOBER THE friend' UP! That's coming from one Teamster to another. Grow up. A real man knows when to call a cab and not put the friend'n innocent at risk of dying by getting crashed into by a a friend'n drunk. Wake up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why is DUI a felony without an accident or bodily harm? A sober 80 year old kills a kid getting off the bus and that's not a felony?

One DUI by itself is not a felony.

In my state a third offence drunk driving is a felony punishable by 5 years in a state prison. Most serve a year to two years with good behavior.

It is the same in New York.

We have a former PT sup who is the son of a veteran driver who just received his 3rd DWI. He lost his job here when he got his 2nd. He will be facing certain jail time and we all hope that this will be the wake-up call that he so badly needs to get his act together.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1434032833.726157.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Could be drugs involved.....or an accident that didnt involve another person. In NY, I believe its automatically a felony if, you have a minor in your vehicle while driving under the influence, or you blow higher than a .15.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Thanks in advance
And by the way....if you are facing jail time, and you didn't hit or injure anyone....chances are, this was not your first arrest.