Fender bender in personal car

Upser2315

I'm a RTS or temp driver or whatever they call it. I've been doing that as needed for 2 years, and working pre load every day. On the way home from work today I fell asleep and rear ended someone in my personal car. I have no idea what the process is as far as work is concerned. Do I tell them or wait for the ticket report paper thing. Could it disqualify me from driving. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm
borderline freaking out haha

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I'm a RTS or temp driver or whatever they call it. I've been doing that as needed for 2 years, and working pre load every day. On the way home from work today I fell asleep and rear ended someone in my personal car. I have no idea what the process is as far as work is concerned. Do I tell them or wait for the ticket report paper thing. Could it disqualify me from driving. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm

Did you recieve a ticket?

Upser2315

Yea they gave me a ticket but the cop said that if my insurance writes a letter saying they covered the other car the court would throw it out. I don't know what UPS looks for or dq's for

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It won't affect your preload gig but may DQ from driving for a year.

I don't think it will effect his driving gig. Only if it was during work. But, after the 1st of the year. They will hand out the annual paperwork bs. Be sure to fill in the info accurately. They can and will fire you for dishonesty.

Upser2315

I don't think it will effect his driving gig. Only if it was during work. But, after the 1st of the year. They will hand out the annual paperwork bs. Be sure to fill in the info accurately. They can and will fire you for dishonesty.

Ok so I don't need to say anything to them until I fill that out?

6Brown

Driver Helper
It's always safer to simply pull over on the side of the road and take a nap than to fall asleep at the wheel. Be careful out there buddy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They don't run every abstract due to cost ($7/each in NY) but they do run random abstracts to ensure compliance.

finaddict

No moving violations in previous one year, no reckless driving or DUI in previous three years. It's stated right at the top of the driving job bid. So if you got a moving violation, no driving for you for a period of one year from the date of conviction to the date the driving job commences.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They don't run every abstract due to cost ($7/each in NY) but they do run random abstracts to ensure compliance.

Really??!! They don't want to spend 7 bucks? They spend thousands daily on the annoying messages they send needlessly. If they can catch you in a lie. 7 dollars is worth it to them

clean hairy

Of course, better to be honest up front.
Imagine if you are one they run the DMV report on and they ask "say, we see you had an accident, why didn't you put on the paperwork in the first place?"

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If I were you I would reconsider getting behind the wheel of a truck.....this time you got lucky and only got a ticket......there is never a good excuse to fall asleep at the wheel..you have to have responsibility