Fidel Castro has finally died

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
wake up & smell the coffee.....there are people who idolize Castro the way they do Che.....bunch of uneducated dummies!
ol.png

A favorite of ignorant hipsters.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How does duck and cover protect you from a nuke?

It doesn't. That and turning away from the classroom windows so you don't get cut by shards of glass from the nuclear blast was the plan if you couldn't make it to the fallout shelter that didn't exist.

oldngray

nowhere special
It doesn't. That and turning away from the classroom windows so you don't get cut by shards of glass from the nuclear blast was the plan if you couldn't make it to the fallout shelter that didn't exist.

Also to prevent flash burns. Useless if you were too close to the explosion but it would provide minor protection if you were far enough away. The whole idea was a bit silly but it did its intended job of calming down the population.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My son just got back from vacationing in Cuba this past Wednesday. He bought this for me, even though I don't drink rum.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1480173655.761093.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
He had no problem getting that through customs?

Not at all, I guess its like traveling to any other country, you can haul out so much. I'm surprised that he didn't get in trouble with the camera he took in, he shot a lot of video to use in a documentary. It was a very expensive 35MM that shoots video in low light situations. He will write the trip off as a business cost on taxes.

No cigars?

No cigars either, he thought about getting some. It was a cheap vacation.They don't have direct flights from the US into Havana until next week. They had to pay about $100 to take a 1950's vintage taxi cab halfway across the island. Taxi rides in "Habana" are about $10. They stayed in a palatial bed and breakfast for $45 a night, an enormous breakfast of fresh fruit, juice, eggs, ham, and coffee was included that would last all day. They had to convert currencies, there is actually two different types of money used. Tourists have to use a certain kind. You can use state-run internet and phone service, so we didn't hear much from them all week. His girlfriend is a graphics artist, they visited some art museums to write off the trip as a business expense.

Last edited: