Fifth wheel pullers?

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
We were specifically instructed to no longer do this. We have had guys "get some paper" over this.

Another case of different rules in different places.

On a warn summer day I'll stand there and pull the cord until it's done. -30 in February and the pogo stick is coming out of the bullpen.

Johney

Because if there's still air in the tank and you move the dolly it could trip and lock the brakes again. It's quite the show to see someone do that going down the road.

To pull on the cord while you break the set, wrap the lightcord around the pogo stick and then hook it it the cord to keep pressure on it.
Yes of course drain the tank if you have to tow the dolly alone down the road, but just to move it around while breaking down your set? Nah.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
The company won't issue pin pullers anymore. Mine was given to me 16 years ago when I qualified as a feeder driver. When I go on vacation, so does MY pin puller.

A pinpuller is like a badge of honor... Once you do the work to get one, it means something to you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
shop gifted me a puller when I saved them a road call. bracket under the tractor holding the airtank broke and was hanging near the road. got some bunjis and rope and tied it up for last 90 miles.

anyway. pullers come in handy for many things. knocking off snow and ice on air connectors and safety chains when trying to break up set etc.

I never leave the yard without mine.

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
The company won't issue pin pullers anymore. Mine was given to me 16 years ago when I qualified as a feeder driver. When I go on vacation, so does MY pin puller.

A pinpuller is like a badge of honor... Once you do the work to get one, it means something to you.
I got mine from our top guy after I passed the class and production run. His wife got him a new chrome plated one. Who ever knew they would have chrome plated pin pullers. Anyway I have kept my puller as a token of acceptance into the feeder mafia. I take it with me when I go on vacation or need to change tractors.

QKRSTKR

I use it to also remove ice and snow. Beat ice from back of door area so door will close all the way. Plus with a new ken worth, you need a pin puller. Old sterling, really didn't need it. I keep one I purchased in my locker, only grab it if tractor I'm in doesn't have one.

raceanoncr

Company never did issue here, I said HERE. We had to make our own or have somebody make em. One of the tractor fuelers/washers is a welder on the side and made a bunch of nice, stainless steel with heavy thumper on one end that he offered for sale to us for cheap.

Mine's hanging on the garage wall after not being used for over 4 years. Still stainless.