Filed a grievance to get on 3 year progression. What are my chances?

Ron Carey lives on

Two words, extension and retroactive. The whole contract is retroactive meaning the pros and cons are retroactive. The con in your case being a four year top out, tough break

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSjedi41

I am still waiting for the Local 705 contract to pass. Made full time after August 2013. But I have read the Master contract and in Article 41 after the new progression rates it states:
Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification.

Anyone making seniority on the extension of the old contract is currently in a three year progression. So based on this line alone you should be fine. Its clear as day. That line was not in the old contract. The 2008 contract used to say
"Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of August 1, 2008." That was because their was no extension it was a clear cut change from July 31 to August 1.

If they didn't want to give those drivers a 3 year progression for those hired after August 1 but before the date of ratification they should have never changed that line. Just my 2 cents.

Avalon

Avalon
So I filed my grievance stating that I should be on a 3 year progression for the simple fact that there was no other contract in existence when I was hired as a FT driver. To support my case I am going to bring up the fact that every other agreement was in effect(discipline, 9.5, etc) under an extension of the old contract, so how can UPS not honor the 3 year progression?

If you wanted your argument to hold any water then you probably should not have cashed your retro check.
You should have filed immediately and told them to shove their retro check!

Mack Grant

So I filed my grievance stating that I should be on a 3 year progression for the simple fact that there was no other contract in existence when I was hired as a FT driver. To support my case I am going to bring up the fact that every other agreement was in effect(discipline, 9.5, etc) under an extension of the old contract, so how can UPS not honor the 3 year progression?
If your FT date is before Aug 1, 2013 as the contract book states then you are under the prior 3 year progression, period.

hyena

I am still waiting for the Local 705 contract to pass. Made full time after August 2013. But I have read the Master contract and in Article 41 after the new progression rates it states:
Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification.

Anyone making seniority on the extension of the old contract is currently in a three year progression. So based on this line alone you should be fine. Its clear as day. That line was not in the old contract. The 2008 contract used to say
"Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of August 1, 2008." That was because their was no extension it was a clear cut change from July 31 to August 1.

If they didn't want to give those drivers a 3 year progression for those hired after August 1 but before the date of ratification they should have never changed that line. Just my 2 cents.
I agree 100% as long as your SENORITY date is before the date the contract passed, 3 yr progression.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the NAtional Master was ratified June 25, 2013 with the very first vote. It was implemented and went into effect in April of 2014. I would not use the argument that you went full time prior to the NMA being ratified you will get your $&@ handed to you. Try to get what you want at "home" from your local mansgement because you will lose at panel on this one.

hyena

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the NAtional Master was ratified June 25, 2013 with the very first vote. It was implemented and went into effect in April of 2014. I would not use the argument that you went full time prior to the NMA being ratified you will get your $&@ handed to you. Try to get what you want at "home" from your local mansgement because you will lose at panel on this one.
ThE contract was not ratified until April 2014.

hyena

The master did not go into effect until all the supplements and riders were approved or forced on the members by the ibt . (April 2014)